GoRdOn8619

What age did you start skydiving?

Annie watched "Ripcords" too! Her brother helped develop the HALO program in Okinawa. Living in the 70's, she was afraid she would die before she had a chance to skydive, so in 1977, she called around and contacted of Don Kelner in Hazelton, PA. She made several skydives, but my dad gave her a parachute for an engagement present, so she took a break to have us.

Joshua - Annie threw him out IAD when he was 16.
Olivia - 14
Rosalyn - started at Coolidge, AZ when she was 16.
Super Luke - too busy heading to the PGA tour.

All of you are awesome!

First jump when I was 17, a senior in high school. My parents weren't too cool with it so I had to fake my dad's sig on the release form.

I know, I know, not a good thing, but I really wanted to go and just couldn't wait. I'm glad I got an early start. Spent most of my damn life jumping out of planes. B|

Did my first jump on the 10th of January 1993 at 23 years old some time after I had gained a private pilots licence. (You know what they say about having to properly experience the vehicle you have to get out of it lol!)

When I told my parents prior to the jump course they knew me too well and said "If we tell you not to do it you will still do it anyway right?" to which I replied YES!!!

They then just told me to stay as safe as possible and resigned themselves to the inevitable!

I actually copped more flak from my flight instructor who was a good friend after a lot of things we had both been through who said something like "If you jump out of a plane you are a f&%king idiot!!."

Eventually I loved the sport so much I was driving 2 1/2 hours each way and spending every weekend regardless of weather at the dz. In the event of not jumping there was always a great second family, some good yarns and alcohol and a great pub to eat in or visit. Damn I miss those earlier years!

PS- Lost 2 friends jumping and about 10 flying light aircraft in the time I had started to learn to fly then skydive and up until now. Not one of those has been through equipment failure but the pilot.

Lost a skydiving mate very early in the peace and really thought about continuing on with the sport. I really in the end thought that you either go and live life to the full and give the finger to the reaper or hide in a dark place and wait for him to come get you. Your choice. Live life or be afraid of living.

BSBD!! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

I was 38 wife 37 started last year.
James

Man, how do you do it? That is a TON of wives! :D

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

Started at age 30, in 1976. You do the math.:P

Sparky

Wow, we have something in common... If you subtract 1 from your start age, you get my start age. If you subtract 1 from your start year, you get my birth year.:P

The weekend that I turned 18. If I'd known they weren't going to actually check ID, it would have been earlier.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I've wanted to jump since I was 10, but it's taken me three jobs and 10 more years in order to afford school and AFF at the same time. I'm 20 now... eating ramen noodles to jump. A $10 student discount doesn't help much... particularly when it's only on the first jump.

It's worth it.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Last year at 36 I did my first tandem. This year in June at 37 I started my AFF, graduated in a month, and am working on my A. My wife just did her first tandem today for her birthday and it was a blast to be able to be on the same jump load with her.
Ordinary's..... just not good enough today.

It was back when sex was safe and skydiving was dangerous

And I aint telling

They had sex back then?:P

===============================

BTW I started on my 35th birthday in 2004B|
Anvil Brother #69

Sidelined with a 5mm C5-C6 herniated disk...
Back2Back slammers and 40yr old fat guys don't mix!

I was....
19 years 3 months and 1 day old. B|
:|:D;)
I have.... seen a lot
done alot
made a bunch of friends...:)"dodged " a bullet or two..[:/]:S
NEVER compromised ANYbodys safety...
And.... I have plently left, to yet accomplish...
:)... then I am happy to be along for the ride....B|
skydive softly skydive often skydive with friends