GoRdOn8619

What age did you start skydiving?

First jump at 14. Three static lines at 16 and AFF that summer at 17. I'm 24 now, so this is my 10th year!

Edited to say that I hit the dropzone 15 years ago, but grew up before that watching a news clipping that was taped at the end of Mary Poppins about a Z-hills Easter boogie highlighting Scotty Carbone organzing dives and Norman Kent with Steve Miller's song "Come on & Dance".

Congratulations to you for starting in the sport. Blue Skies, Olivia

I made my first jump at the Air Force Academy after my freshman year. I was 19 at the time and didn't know there was a DZ close enough to school until last September. Started jumping again there at 20 and am now 21.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

What age did you all start skydiving? and how old are you now? Im just starting at 18 goin on 19 in a few weeks. heh..

Same here. Actually, I'll be 19 on September 24.

I called a dropzone the other day to talk with an instructor about my options for getting licensed. After a few minutes of discussing things, he asked how old I was and stopped in his tracks when I answered, saying "Oh... wow... you're a young'n." I feel fortunate to have started early in the sport. Hopefully that means I've got a long life of skydiving ahead of me.

Tim

What age did you all start skydiving? and how old are you now? Im just starting at 18 goin on 19 in a few weeks. heh..

Same here. Actually, I'll be 19 on September 24.

I called a dropzone the other day to talk with an instructor about my options for getting licensed. After a few minutes of discussing things, he asked how old I was and stopped in his tracks when I answered, saying "Oh... wow... you're a young'n." I feel fortunate to have started early in the sport. Hopefully that means I've got a long life of skydiving ahead of me.

Tim

Your sig. It is actually "Death From Above!"

I was 18. I had decided I would jump someday back when I was 6 or 7 years old and was a religious "Ripcord" watcher every Friday night on the TV. I had hoped to jump earlier, but my parents refused to sign off their permission and told me I'd just have to wait 'til I was old enough. So when I was 18 I sold my stereo to my brother for the price of my FJC. That didn't matter either, as I hadn't taken the stereo to college with me, my roomate's was better. And the stereo was still in my old room when I came home for the summer, so it was more like screwing my brother out of free money (hee-hee). Jumped for another 6 1/2 years, then hung it up just after my 25th birthday. Got back in at age 47 and I'll be 50 in November. Now you know the ugly truth....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

It is actually "Death From Above!"

You'll also see "Grace from Above", "In God we Trust", "All the Way", "Super-duper Paratroopers", and probably dozens of others. We are cocky and arrogant and call ourselves whatever we want, whenever we want. We are Airborne. ;)

Tim