2 2
brenthutch

Woke pandering backfires

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I don't believe that science can mandate ANYTHING.

So what are you complaining about?

7 minutes ago, Slim King said:

But facts are facts.

The fact is there are men who want to live as women and women who want to live as men.

Edited by jakee

6 hours ago, Slim King said:

Science is here to give us a big dose of reality. How things are on this planet. Scientists rarely agree on everything but since genetic engineering research most have said, and I agree, that there are two sexes MALE and FEMALE. (Pretty much agreed upon for over 2000 years) While their studies show XX and XY chromosomes to be uniquely in these two genders, I don't believe that science can mandate ANYTHING. But facts are facts.

So with gender you’re using a consensus of scientists? Is that peer-reviewed? How many agree that there are only two genders, with no abnormalities that fall in the cracks? Or, if you in your supreme knowledge agree with the (verified, BTW) existence of people with extra X and or Y chromosomes, as well as intersex and other gender-confusing conditions, what do you propose doing with them? Isolating on an island doesn’t really work  

And is your estimate of that percentage peer-reviewed?

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

So with gender you’re using a consensus of scientists? Is that peer-reviewed? How many agree that there are only two genders, with no abnormalities that fall in the cracks? Or, if you in your supreme knowledge agree with the (verified, BTW) existence of people with extra X and or Y chromosomes, as well as intersex and other gender-confusing conditions, what do you propose doing with them? Isolating on an island doesn’t really work  

Wendy P. 

From genetics class a long time ago, the following are possible. XX, XY, XXX, XXY, XYY, XXYY and a few other combinations.

1 minute ago, johnhking1 said:

From genetics class a long time ago, the following are possible. XX, XY, XXX, XXY, XYY, XXYY and a few other combinations.

Oh absolutely. And it’s also possible for someone’s brain to be wired such that they don’t match the physical appearance. Visible gender is fast and easy, which is why some people love it. Until, of course, it’s not accurate.

Wendy P. 

11 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

What does intersex have to do with Dylan Mulvaney and Bud Light?  

About as much as your discussion of freaks of nature yesterday, in this thread. It’s tangential, and relevant in a not-on-topic thread.

Wendy P. 

(edited)
37 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

About as much as your discussion of freaks of nature yesterday, in this thread. It’s tangential, and relevant in a not-on-topic thread.

Wendy P. 

That was in response to the introduction of “intersex” (not by me).

Here is the spokesperson for women purportedly doing women stuff in the great outdoors.

https://www.tiktok.com/@dylanmulvaney/video/7098392494387334442?lang=en

Edited by brenthutch

9 hours ago, Slim King said:

Science is here to give us a big dose of reality. 

Here's an even bigger dose of reality courtesy of science.

Tens of thousands of American women are XY.  That's because PHENOTYPE (physical arrangement of an organism) does not always match GENOTYPE (genetic description of an organism.)  

Sorry about the science.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy,

Re:  with no abnormalities that fall in the cracks?

About 5 yrs ago, I was at a birthday party for mostly adults.  There was a young couple there who had brought their two young daughters.  As I got to talking to the young mother, she mentioned that one of her daughters had a birthmark on her face.  I had not noticed it.  As we talked about it, she alluded it to something like a strike of lightning.  To the best of her knowledge, there was no scientific reason why her daughter had the birthmark ( and why Gorbachev had his birthmark ).  She said it was a random event of nature.

This got me to thinking about this.  IMO it is directly in line with your thought above.  Sometimes lightning just strikes and we have to live with the results.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

(edited)
39 minutes ago, billvon said:

But some do - and will invest in a brand that takes a stand against bigots.

Accepting that I might not make it past the first round but maybe, along with the new "Light Ban" changes, we could also have as a third leg to the stool a peoples vote. We have a nice "like" button but how about a nice "outa here button"? Just a suggestion, as you know the last thing I want to do is cause any problems.

Edited by JoeWeber

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

since this betrayal of regular folks....

That’s a pretty telling phrase right there.  

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

If you think they made money on this Ad Campaign you are DELUSIONAL!!!!!

I dunno…this is the most that people have been talking about Bud Light in a while. I’d be willing to bet a few people have checked it out due to the coverage, and most likely the snowflakes who stopped drinking it in protest just switched to another A-B product. Did you know, the company still makes money even if you buy their shit with the intent of driving a steam roller over it?

15 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

This should get a couple of posters on here a little uptight:  Oregon Democrats propose constitutional amendment on abortion, same-sex marriage, gender-affirming care - OPB

I will soon send both my Oregon House Rep & my Oregon Senate Rep a message supporting this effort.

Well, that can't be right. There's no need to write your like-minded congress critters. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

This should get a couple of posters on here a little uptight:  Oregon Democrats propose constitutional amendment on abortion, same-sex marriage, gender-affirming care - OPB

I will soon send both my Oregon House Rep & my Oregon Senate Rep a message supporting this effort.

Jerry Baumchen

It makes me a little uptight to know that people feel such an amendment is needed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It makes me a little uptight to know that people feel such an amendment is needed. 

Well, it's abundantly clear that fairly large segments of the population are intent on denying those (and other) rights to people they don't like.

They seem to think that 'freedom of religion' means freedom to force their religion down everyone else's throats.

Seen of FB:

I can't do that because of my religious beliefs.

Cool.

YOU can't do that because of my religious beliefs.

Fuck off.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, it's abundantly clear that fairly large segments of the population are intent on denying those (and other) rights to people they don't like.

They seem to think that 'freedom of religion' means freedom to force their religion down everyone else's throats.

Seen of FB:

I can't do that because of my religious beliefs.

Cool.

YOU can't do that because of my religious beliefs.

Fuck off.

In a recent video, Youtuber Justin "Beau of the Fifth Column" King, had a couple concise comments about the MAGA GOP, (addressing the GOP base):

1) They don't want to represent the people, they want to rule the people.

2) Look at all the current legislation they are proposing; How much of it is designed actually help you? And how much of it is designed to hurt some other group?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ryoder said:

In a recent video, Youtuber Justin "Beau of the Fifth Column" King, had a couple concise comments about the MAGA GOP, (addressing the GOP base):

1) They don't want to represent the people, they want to rule the people.

2) Look at all the current legislation they are proposing; How much of it is designed actually help you? And how much of it is designed to hurt some other group?

Bingo.

Remember the MAGA moron after one of the hurricanes?

"He's not hurting the people he needs to be hurting."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-voter-hes-not-hurting-the-people-he-needs-be-hurting-msna1181316

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

image.png.033fb90b887f56b7b583906bd0787cca.png
PR firm’s idea on how to win back Bud Light customers 

Nazi Germany loved their Fanta too. Just because murdering minded folks like a product though....not sure that's a good ad campaign.

Seems to catch some of you though. Enjoy your beverage.

I'll stick to locally produced family owned beers as opposed to international conglomerates.