2 2
brenthutch

Woke pandering backfires

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

I'm referring to the kind of person who makes up "funny" riffs on things that matter to other people, kind of like aping someone with a physical disability.

Yep.  It's funny when you're making fun of LGBT or black people.  But just try making fun of the Pope, or singing the National Anthem in a comically bad way, and you get "that is NOT FUNNY and I am cancelling Roseanne Barr forever!"

28 minutes ago, billvon said:

Yep.  It's funny when you're making fun of LGBT or black people.  But just try making fun of the Pope, or singing the National Anthem in a comically bad way, and you get "that is NOT FUNNY and I am cancelling Roseanne Barr forever!"

What’s really funny is how you are trying to equate the millionaire Dylan Mulvaney to the civil rights icon, Rosa Parks.

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

What’s really funny is how you are trying to equate the millionaire Dylan Mulvaney to the civil rights icon, Rosa Parks.

Rosa Parks, the woman worth $116 million at the time of her death?  Yeah, she was so much poorer than Mulvaney, worth about $2 million.  Why, it's a miracle that Parks could even survive her retirement, having to live on interest of only $10 million a year.

You're right.  There is no comparison.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 3:45 PM, billvon said:

Happens at the Super Bowl every year.  People still watch.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

It's really amazing how proud the right is of embracing cancel culture these days.

Its all part of the morphing of QAnon into the "grooming" groupthink of a mainstream right wing armageddon. Now grooming is the new end of America rallying cry for DeSantis, the US Christian right and the MAGA right in general.

Grooming is the new pizza basement around every corner. Around every door, book cover and the secret messaging of teachers to children.

The rallying cry to save American children is a "don't back down" do or die effort.

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Target tells Bud Light “hold my beer” and loses nine billion in market value.

And your anti-woke cancel culture mob strikes again.

Back in the 1950's, they were the people boycotting Woolworth's because of the woke madness of allowing blacks to sit at white lunch counters.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, billvon said:

And your anti-woke cancel culture mob strikes again.

Back in the 1950's, they were the people boycotting Woolworth's because of the woke madness of allowing blacks to sit at white lunch counters.

You must have slept through American History 

https://time.com/3691383/woolworths-sit-in-history/

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Market cap down >$12 billion!  And I thought ESG was supposed to increase shareholder value.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/target-losses-swell-to-12-4-billion-shares-hit-lowest-since-2000

Any shred of evidence that their losses are due to 'wokeness' and not market conditions/shopper preferences?  Or do you just get led around by what Fox tells you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Yeah, I see the point. Target got shat on by the right because they reached out for Pride. You and Fox are claiming/celebrating the dip in their stock price is directly related to this. 

any evidence of that?  Or it just feels good so you say it? Causation/correlation is something I figured you’d learn about as part of an MBA, guess not

The "woke pandering" movie, the Little Mermaid, was attacked by anti-woke activists and review-bombed by the same.   "Woke madness!"  "Wokeness run amok!"

One telling comment from Quora:  "Minorities especially the negroid need to invent their own things. The closeted racist whites that run Hollywood need to stop casting blacks just to be able to say your the racist for not liking the shit they remaking."

Go woke, go broke right?  Surely the woke madness that is a black mermaid will drive Disney into bankruptcy.

Turns out - not so much.  It was the biggest movie last weekend, grossing $130 million in the first four days.  That's more than half what it cost to make.  Critics are praising it and black girls are citing it as an inspiration.

Up next - anti-wokes start revising history, so they can claim "I never said it was woke."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jakee said:
56 minutes ago, lippy said:

Yeah, I see the point. Target got shat on by the right because they reached out for Pride. You and Fox are claiming/celebrating the dip in their stock price is directly related to this. 

any evidence of that?  Or it just feels good so you say it? Causation/correlation is something I figured you’d learn about as part of an MBA, guess not

Occam’s razor my friend, Occam’s razor 

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Occam’s razor my friend, Occam’s razor 

But Trump didn't get canceled for his Pride merchandise and Chick-fil-A isn't getting canceled for their VP of Diversity Equity and Inclusion. It would appear that mob mentality rather than "wokeness" plays a bigger role. 

25 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

But Trump didn't get canceled for his Pride merchandise and Chick-fil-A isn't getting canceled for their VP of Diversity Equity and Inclusion. It would appear that mob mentality rather than "wokeness" plays a bigger role. 

What is animating the mob?

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Yes exactly!

Since you are unwilling to admit the obvious, let me help. Target failed to learn the harsh lesson of the Bud Light debacle and suffered the same consequences.  Lippy (and apparently you) seem to think there is no relationship to a $12.4 billion dollar drop in market cap and the anti-woke backlash.