2 2
brenthutch

Woke pandering backfires

https://nypost.com/2023/04/11/bud-light-boycott-has-legs-as-sales-outlook-thrown-into-doubt/

Trans women be disclosing confidential intelligence, assaulting teen girls in bathrooms, shooting up schools, crushing women’s bench press and swimming records and now destroying a beer brand.  You go girl!

image.jpeg

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/11/bud-light-boycott-has-legs-as-sales-outlook-thrown-into-doubt/

Trans women be disclosing confidential intelligence, assaulting teen girls in bathrooms, shooting up schools, crushing women’s bench press and swimming records and now destroying a beer brand.  You go girl!

image.jpeg

So basically trans women are Republicans.

• Like 3

Just now, brenthutch said:

Source?

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Trans women be disclosing confidential intelligence, assaulting teen girls in bathrooms, shooting up schools, crushing women’s bench press and swimming records and now destroying a beer brand.

• Like 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Source?

Well, it's an odd time to be crowing about who's leaking classified intel, isn't it? Though maybe you agree with Marge that he's the good kind of military secrets leaker.

And you know who almost exclusively assaults teen girls in bathrooms? Straight men.

Edited by jakee

21 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Up a little over 1% today while the broader market was down. It will recover quickly as speculators lose interest in this event.

“This boycott seems to have more legs than most,” Justin Kendall, editor of beer industry trade publication Brewbound, told The Post”

So in other words, Bud made a decision, and their usual target audience (yahoos with lousy taste in diet beer) didn't like that decision. Does that say more about the influencer, or more about Bud's not understanding their drinking customers. Orf more about their customers? Isn't this just conservative cancel culture?

It's kind of like when Coors was looking at using self-driving trucks. What do truck drivers drink? Why beer.

Wendy P.

31 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

So in other words, Bud made a decision, and their usual target audience (yahoos with lousy taste in diet beer) didn't like that decision. Does that say more about the influencer, or more about Bud's not understanding their drinking customers. Orf more about their customers? Isn't this just conservative cancel culture?

It's kind of like when Coors was looking at using self-driving trucks. What do truck drivers drink? Why beer.

Wendy P.

The whole campaign is about attempting to appeal to a younger audience. They got a ton of free advertising, so it may very well actually work and boost sales. Or at least offset losses among the Kid Rock crowd with gains from the new target group. Lousy beer is getting to be less popular overall but there is still a huge market for it. I wonder if the Disney boycott is hurting them. One thing is quite clear and that is corporate America is mostly run by smart well educated people who are among the most woke in the nation. The deadenders of the anti-woke crowd are going to find themselves with some hard choices as they search for politically incorrect businesses to patronize. I mean hell, they will get tired of Chick-fil-a everyday soon enough.

Just now, gowlerk said:

I mean hell, they will get tired of Chick-fil-a everyday soon enough.

That, I doubt. Chick-fil-a is a Christian, anti-abortion, anti-Liberal, anti-woke business to it's core. Christians flocked to it a few years back as a way of owning Liberals. They have a rock solid clientele.

3 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That, I doubt. Chick-fil-a is a Christian, anti-abortion, anti-Liberal, anti-woke business to it's core. Christians flocked to it a few years back as a way of owning Liberals. They have a rock solid clientele.

Yes, but after awhile you've just had enough chickin and you want some cow. And a Bud.

Just now, gowlerk said:

Yes, but after awhile you've just had enough chickin and you want some cow. And a Bud.

Nope. Worldwide Chicken is King. It's available everywhere in volume, hence the proliferation and success of KFC's to just name one international brand. Pizza gets the ratings but chicken is the real money maker in every economy.

42 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Nope. Worldwide Chicken is King. It's available everywhere in volume, hence the proliferation and success of KFC's to just name one international brand. Pizza gets the ratings but chicken is the real money maker in every economy.

Too bad about that. I guess McDs, Burger King, and Wendy's are all screwed now. I'll take dark meat please.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Tonight Bill Maher was listed several country-western celebrities who have come out for the ban, then exclaimed:

"Don't these dumbasses understand? Once you are rich and famous, you don't need to drink Bud Light anymore!"

10 hours ago, gowlerk said:The deadenders of the anti-woke crowd are going to find themselves with some hard choices as they search for politically incorrect businesses to patronize. I mean hell, they will get tired of Chick-fil-a everyday soon enough.

Wrong again 

“Revenue reached $5.8 billion in 2021 compared to $4.3 billion in 2020, an increase of 33.3 percent. Comprehensive earnings were $1.2 billion in 2021 compared to $715.9 million in 2020, an increase of 67.3 percent.” 

I recall you calling me a deadender when I said coal was king.  Let’s see how that prediction works out for you….

“According to the IEA’s Coal 2022 report, coal demand was expected to increase by 1.2 percent in 2022, hitting an all-time high and surpassing 8 billion tonnes for the first time…demand is set to remain strong in 2023.”

Looks like being wrong is a hobby of yours.

3 hours ago, Slim King said:

I think they are losing money from a bad decision. Both stock and sales are down. Not a good trend for any business.

Depends on for how long. It’s kind of like temperature — a single warm day in January doesn’t mean it’s spring, and an unseasonably cold one in June doesn’t mean it’s winter. Even though each day is 24 hours long. Maybe a single year doesn’t mean all that much when you’re talking about lifetimes, or history, when it’s trends and not events you're discussing

Wendy P.