2 2
brenthutch

Woke pandering backfires

5 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

When you have to depend on a one in forty thousand freak of nature to bolster your argument… you have lost:`(

Trans women be disclosing confidential intelligence, assaulting teen girls in bathrooms, shooting up schools, crushing women’s bench press and swimming records and now destroying a beer brand.  You go girl!

Two quotes from the same guy....There's either some big swings in the standards he holds people to, or he's just a troll who doesn't like trans ppl.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

When you have to depend on a one in forty thousand freak of nature to bolster your argument… you have lost:`(

When your point is a definitive "either-or," then it only takes one, right? You have to specify what zero you're using, and if it's not actually zero, then you have to at least think about the people who actually exist who don't fit into your either-or categories. You up for that?

Wendy P.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

They are not freaks of nature, they are acts of nature. That, whether your blindered view of the world will permit you to see or not, means that their condition is as natural as your own. Someday your kids, who will grow up enlightened in spite of your best efforts, will use AI to see what sort of stuff dear old dad used to post online. Then you will pay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Next you'll say Serial Killers are not freaks of nature but acts of nature. And Biological Males should never compete in Female Sports even if it's my own son.

It seems likely that serial killers are acts of nature, given history. I want to believe that on a societal level we can do much to lessen the numbers. No, I am not including single act mass murderers. And no, I do not believe transgender biological males should compete against biological females in sports where said females have invested huge portions of their lives to excel competing against biological females. That said, if a female competitor, like your wife or daughter for example, were found to be XY late in life and her competition cycle we should let things play out: humanity before competition, if you will. The reality here is that separating sexes based on genitalia alone isn't answering every important question and, as usual, societal issues are falling well behind scientific understandings.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

When you decide that some small percentage of people are not people, but freaks - you start thinking about banning them, arresting them and putting them on boxcars.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

Next you'll say Serial Killers are not freaks of nature but acts of nature. And Biological Males should never compete in Female Sports even if it's my own son.

So you didn't answer my question.

Is it that you cannot answer it without your whole worldview falling apart?  If all it takes is a simple question to destroy your worldview - it may not have been very well thought out.

42 minutes ago, Slim King said:

You obviously don't read my posts do you ... and I quote..."And Biological Males should never compete in Female Sports even if it's my own son."

So your answer is that you would call your daughter a boy and immediately force her to (for example) use boys bathrooms and compete in boys sports.  Even though she is physically female.

I hope like hell you don't have any kids.

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

I have three kids. If my son was misgendered as a girl for some reason and we found out he's a boy I'd totally raise him as a MALE ... No need to prolong the mistake.

And how about if she were misgendered as a boy (say, intersex, and as parents you decided on surgery so your child would be normal). Would you be OK with your lusty baby boy all of a sudden being a girl?

Wendy P.

9 hours ago, billvon said:

When you decide that some small percentage of people are not people, but freaks - you start thinking about banning them, arresting them and putting them on boxcars.  

The percentage is freakishly small not the person. 
BTW when you try to play the Nazi card you have lost the argument as well.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Yes it is. But those are still people — how do you deal with that fact? Just ignoring it is, in fact, lessening them in a way that you clearly feel is very significant ((difference between man and woman). Or are you OK with that lessening, because it’s not you?

Wendy P. 

10 hours ago, Slim King said:

I have three kids. If my son was misgendered as a girl for some reason and we found out he's a boy I'd totally raise him as a MALE ... No need to prolong the mistake.

So you would take your daughter and forcibly change her gender to male.  Would you have her uterus removed and have plastic surgery done to create male genitals?  Over her objections?  Wow.

Or in your own language - you would take an innocent 12 year old girl, shove your perverted sexuality down her throat, and force her to change into something she isn't to fit your own twisted desires.

I'll remember that the next time you complain about parents of trans children who support them.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

So are the numbers of people who have actually, successfully defended their homes with their guns.  But conservatives trot that old aberration every time they want more guns.

So are the numbers of kids who transition.  But again, you scream bloody murder over that freakishly small number of people.  Even though you have admitted you would force it on your own daughter.

You're becoming a carciature of yourself.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Interesting set of rules you have there. Care sharing the full list?

How about "If you have to make up the argument of the other side, you've lost the argument"?

How about "if you can't answer and try to change the topic, you've lost the argument as well"?

(edited)
2 hours ago, billvon said:

So are the numbers of people who have actually, successfully defended their homes with their guns.  But conservatives trot that old aberration every time they want more guns.

So are the numbers of kids who transition.  But again, you scream bloody murder over that freakishly small number of people.  Even though you have admitted you would force it on your own daughter.

You're becoming a carciature of yourself.

No, YOU are creating a caricature of what YOU would like me to be so you can hate on the cartoonish version that you have created and virtue signal to the world about what a great SJW you are.

Edited by brenthutch

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No, YOU are creating a caricature of what YOU would like me to be so you can hate on the cartoonish version that you have created and virtue signal to the world about what a great SJW you are.

You are a caricature. A beer company acknowledges that trans people exist, a bunch of hateful republicans boycott them and you crow about it like you’ve just won a Nobel prize. Why do you even care?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jakee said:

You are a caricature. A beer company acknowledges that trans people exist, a bunch of hateful republicans boycott them and you crow about it like you’ve just won a Nobel prize. Why do you even care?

Republicans are OBSESSED with what other people do in the privacy of their homes. They believe in no personal rights, no privacy, no choice. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, normiss said:

They believe in no personal rights, no privacy, no choice. 

I'm not sure that's entirely true. But they have no use for a freedom that they don't desire, or for anything that might conceivably make one of them uncomfortable or embarrassed.

Wendy P.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, normiss said:

Republicans are OBSESSED with what other people do in the privacy of their homes. They believe in no personal rights, no privacy, no choice. 

Oh, they believe in personal rights for THEM.  Say, to own lots of guns, or to keep tight control of their wives.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, normiss said:

Hi Mark,

While I have no cite to provide ( it's been a long time ago ), I do remember that when John Ashcroft was Atty General, he wanted to be able to tell us what we could & could not do in our own bedrooms.

John Ashcroft - Wikipedia

Jerry Baumchen

14 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I'm not in this argument but  I care because XX is not XY and so far that's the 100% truth. There is no Transgender. No one has successfully changed that. You can get dressed up, made up, drugged up and cut up but you are still what the creator made you. I follow the science.

What about intersex? And in order to establish "XX" and "XY," would you mandate a genetic test at birth?

Wendy P.

13 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Believing in the Big Bang is just as unscientific... You can't prove it. ... But I'll modify .... "You are still what the Big Bang made you. I follow the science"... is that better?

No, not even marginally. The book of your Creator is verified bunk. It demands submission and adherence to notions that are provable nonsense. Science is simply trying to know the reality of things. Sadly, for so many, that is more than they can comprehend.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slim King said:

I'm not in this argument but  I care because XX is not XY and so far that's the 100% truth. There is no Transgender. No one has successfully changed that. You can get dressed up, made up, drugged up and cut up but you are still what the creator made you. I follow the science.

Why does the science mandate how someone should behave?