Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

rushmc

Not a problem (all though I am not an Obama hater)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=forum_35&search_string=obama&search_type=AND&search_fields=sbjbdy&search_time=&search_user_username=rushmc&sb=score&mh=25

So, in your world even talking about someone is hating them.

got it

:S

Take any link, and see how many are not slamming Obama.
Do you honestly think we don't remember what you spew?:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=forum_35&search_string=obama&search_type=AND&search_fields=sbjbdy&search_time=&search_user_username=rushmc&sb=score&mh=25

got it

I know you and others here live more emotionally than intellectually.

but that still does not make you right.

I know what I have said here.
that does not equate to hate.

I am sure billvon will bring his nutty spin back up again but we are all used to that by now

So, take a breath, calm down and think for a change.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I know you and others here live more emotionally than intellectually.

but that still does not make you right.

I know what I have said here.
that does not equate to hate.

I am sure billvon will bring his nutty spin back up again but we are all used to that by now

So, take a breath, calm down and think for a change.

You should take your own advice.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

got it

Hate is the key word.
Is it possible to strongly disagree with someone and not hate them?

ETA:
Or do you and most of the left leaning posters here HATE me?
I know for a fact that a lot of you strongly disagree wth me on several subjects. You also demean me and try to belittle me and speak out against my opinions and statements even more vehemently than most do for Obama.

But it's ok. I don't hate you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Is it possible to strongly disagree with someone and not hate them?

seems that more and more individuals are not capable of that

but it's possible

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Just throwing what they consider zingers with zero accountability regarding any previous said zingers.
Zingers is a poor choice because they aren't, but I'm exhausted.

I propose zingeriness. It's not actually a zinger, but it feels like a zinger, and that's good enough.

- Dan G

normiss

I'm unsure if trolls have a reality.
Just throwing what they consider zingers with zero accountability regarding any previous said zingers.
Zingers is a poor choice because they aren't, but I'm exhausted.

Whenever I see one of Rush's comebacks I'm reminded of the Jay and Silent Bob internet scene - You are the ones who are the ball lickers!

And the idea that Rush sitting there all smug thinking that he's thowing out witty retorts that Oscar Wilde wishes he'd thought of first is endlessly amusing:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Washington Post editorial that thoroughly sums up all of Trump's defects: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-unique-threat-to-american-democracy/2016/07/22/a6d823cc-4f4f-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html

ryoder

That article to me highlights just who incredibly poor the US system for electing nominees is.

The fact that Trump can become the presidential nominee for a major party is insane. The fact people would actually vote for somebody who does noting but lie, instill fear and denigrate other people is extremely telling.

Never mind that his followers when confronted by facts actually increase their support for Trump. As if having some intelligence is a bad thing.

SkyDekker

That article to me highlights just who incredibly poor the US system for electing nominees is.

The fact that Trump can become the presidential nominee for a major party is insane. The fact people would actually vote for somebody who does noting but lie, instill fear and denigrate other people is extremely telling.

Never mind that his followers when confronted by facts actually increase their support for Trump. As if having some intelligence is a bad thing.

The article also highlights the hypocrisy of the so-called GOP leadership, like McConnell and Ryan.

And why was Cruz booed when he told delegates to vote their conscience? Does this mean that the jeering Trumpkins think that voting your conscience implies a vote against Trump?

Much as I dislike Cruz's positions, at least he stuck to his guns.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

SkyDekker

I see it as highlighting how idiotic we (the US) have become. The "Anti GMO" movement, the "Anti Vaccination" movement, a host of others, have all used the "lie, instill fear and denigrate opponents" tactic.

The "anti intellectual" bandwagon is getting pretty full. Even in Europe. Look at the Brexit vote. The idea that the voters should not listen to the experts was a key point that the "leave" group touted.

The simple fact that extremists are the ones who make up the largest voting group in the primaries is a side effect that resulted in Trump being the nominee.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

I see it as highlighting how idiotic we (the US) have become. The "Anti GMO" movement, the "Anti Vaccination" movement, a host of others, have all used the "lie, instill fear and denigrate opponents" tactic.

The "anti intellectual" bandwagon is getting pretty full. Even in Europe. Look at the Brexit vote. The idea that the voters should not listen to the experts was a key point that the "leave" group touted.

The simple fact that extremists are the ones who make up the largest voting group in the primaries is a side effect that resulted in Trump being the nominee.

Fully agreed.

Well, this is highly disturbing!

This link was tweeted by Garry Kasparov.
Retweeted by my Representative Jared Polis.

Talking Points Memo: "Trump & Putin. Yes, It's Really a Thing"
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-putin-yes-it-s-really-a-thing

Synopsis: Trump has major financial dependencies on Putin and his cronies.

Hi Robert,

Trump has major financial dependencies on Putin and his cronies.

Quote: "Post-bankruptcy Trump has been highly reliant on money from Russia . . . "

Hey turtle, how is this different than people donating to the Clinton Foundation? Oh, oopsie, he's a Republican.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

Quote: "Post-bankruptcy Trump has been highly reliant on money from Russia . . . "

Hey turtle, how is this different than people donating to the Clinton Foundation? Oh, oopsie, he's a Republican.

Jerry Baumchen

Nope. Not a republican.

Investments in business opportunities is different than donation to a foundation.

I would have thought you could figure that out. I guess not.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

Nope. Not a republican.

Investments in business opportunities is different than donation to a foundation.

I would have thought you could figure that out. I guess not.They are indeed quite different.

Donations to the Clinton foundation go towards funding microloans to help poor people start their own business, protection for elephants against poaching, providing AIDS for the poor, etc. None of the donations find their way into the Clinton's pockets.

Investment in The Donald's businesses go towards profit-making ventures, and a large share of the profits go directly into The Donald's pocket.

Which one do you will be more likely to directly affect policy?

Don

GeorgiaDon

******Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

Nope. Not a republican.

I would have thought you could figure that out. I guess not.They are indeed quite different.

Donations to the Clinton foundation go towards funding microloans to help poor people start their own business, protection for elephants against poaching, providing AIDS for the poor, etc. None of the donations find their way into the Clinton's pockets.

Investment in The Donald's businesses go towards profit-making ventures, and a large share of the profits go directly into The Donald's pocket.

Don

So you are in no doubt that Saudi Arabia and those others listed are so worried about or poor people that figured sending money to the Clinton foundation was the best option.

:o

You sofunnay!

turtlespeed

*********Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

Nope. Not a republican.

Don

So you are in no doubt that Saudi Arabia and those others listed are so worried about or poor people that figured sending money to the Clinton foundation was the best option.

:o

You sofunnay!I do not read minds, so I can't speak to the motives that might apply to Saudi Arabia. However, if they were trying to buy influence it seems odd that the contributions were made in 2014, after Hilary Clinton had left the post of Secretary of State.

Republicans have introduced legislation, termed the CLINTON Act, which would bar foundations with any connection to anyone who had previously held a high government position from ever accepting donations from any foreign source. "CLINTON" is short for "Contributions Legally Interdicted from Noncitizens to Our Nonprofits", of course it is not targeted to the Clinton Foundation, the name is just a "coincidence". :S Never mind that this legislation would eviscerate the work of the Carter Foundation, which does fantastic work to eliminate a number of tropical diseases in the developing world. No sacrifice is too great when it comes to screwing over the Clintons, it seems, especially when the sacrifice is borne by the poor and the sick.

Of course, such a ban would have no effect on charitable foundations established by former Republican presidents, because there are none. Republican former presidents have established no such charities. Apparently they have other priorities for how to spend their time and money. Both the Bushes do have foundations which exist to support their presidential libraries.

On the other hand, Turtle, it seems you are just fine with the cosy business relationship between the Republican nominee and the Russian president and his cronies. Perhaps you prefer your corruption straightforward and uncomplicated, a simple transaction from Putin to The Donald's pocket. No side trips through support for fighting disease or poverty, just a straight line from A to B. At least now it is easier to understand the bromance between Trump and Putin. It is also easy to understand why Trump will not release his tax returns, as those returns would reveal the extent to which Trump is dependent on Russian money to keep his businesses afloat.

Don