Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

How to weasel - perfect demonstrations:

STEPHANOPOULOS: I didn’t hear you say whether you thought he was qualified.

MCCONNELL: Look, I’ll leave that to the American people to decide…. The American people will be able to make that decision in the fall.

On CBS’s “Face the Nation,”:

DICKERSON: The presidency on national security issues sometimes comes down to one person by themselves in a room alone, no matter how much advice they have gotten. On those tough decisions, whether it’s about the nuclear codes or about the other kinds of decisions a single president can make, do you think that Donald Trump has better character and judgment in those alone situations than Hillary Clinton?

RUBIO: So, that’s the challenge Donald has over the next two, three months.

DICKERSON: Well, what does Senator Rubio think?

RUBIO: Well, but there’s a campaign. So, that’s what I’m going to watch now.

Both McConnell and Rubio know the answers. They know we know the answers. They just can't bring themselves to tell the truth.

It’s kind of sad to watch, actually.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

So how do you feel about Trump now, given what you told us on March 18?

Are you going to do a McConnell and weasel, or do the honorable thing like George Will?

what did I tell you on March 18?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Are you going to do a McConnell and weasel, or do the honorable thing like George Will?

You told us how you felt about Trump. Don't you remember?

kallend

And now a word from another senior Republican (former treasury secretary Paulson)

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/when-it-comes-to-trump-a-republican-treasury-secretary-says-choose-country-over-party/2016/06/24/c7bdba34-3942-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

Republicans stand at a crossroads. With Donald Trump as the presumptive presidential nominee, we are witnessing a populist hijacking of one of the United States’ great political parties. The GOP, in putting Trump at the top of the ticket, is endorsing a brand of populism rooted in ignorance, prejudice, fear and isolationism. This troubles me deeply as a Republican, but it troubles me even more as an American. Enough is enough. It’s time to put country before party and say it together: Never Trump.

Every good businessman or -woman carefully analyzes all the available facts before making a decision. Trump repeatedly, blatantly and knowingly makes up or gravely distorts facts to support his positions or create populist divisions.

He excels at scorched-earth tactics in negotiations during bankruptcy proceedings. Here, the “Art of the Deal” businessman is a master at advantaging himself over his fellow stakeholders and partners. In essence, he takes imprudent risks and, when his businesses fail, disavows his debts. He has branded himself as a business genius by flaunting and exaggerating his wealth. He is adept at leveraging his brand through licensing agreements that enable him to slap his name on anything he can. But while marketing and self-promotion may translate on the campaign trail, they have little relevance in running our country. And although his business dealings have allowed him to increase his inherited wealth, none of us knows by how much — we have only his word for it.

Paulson may be 100% correct, but it is rather precious to hear this from one of the 25 people responsible for the financial crisis (named by Time magazine from his time at Goldman Sachs). Of course, unfortunately people have a short term memory (especially for financially related things where someone is not convicted of anything).

rushmc

Why won't you tell us how you feel about Trump, Marc?

Have your views changed since March 18?

lummy

Why in the world would Trump ask foreigners for campaign donations when they are prohibited from donating?

Trump has displayed his ignorance on every other topic, so now we know he knows nothing about campaign law, as well.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>Why in the world would Trump ask foreigners for campaign donations when they are
>prohibited from donating?

Probably because he doesn't know that they are prohibited.

Don't forget, this is the guy who didn't know that Scotland voted to stay. Heck, he didn't know what Brexit was three weeks ago.

billvon

Don't forget, this is the guy who didn't know that Scotland voted to stay.

Cue some absolutely classic creative swearing from a few scots on twitter. i particularly liked: "Tiny fingered, cheeto faced, ferret wearing shitgibbon"

:D:D
Never try to eat more than you can lift

billvon

>Why in the world would Trump ask foreigners for campaign donations when they are

Don't forget, this is the guy who didn't know that Scotland voted to stay. Heck, he didn't know what Brexit was three weeks ago.

And he didn't know what "nuclear triad" was until Rubio explained it to him in a debate.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Stumpy

***Don't forget, this is the guy who didn't know that Scotland voted to stay.

Cue some absolutely classic creative swearing from a few scots on twitter. i particularly liked: "Tiny fingered, cheeto faced, ferret wearing shitgibbon"

:D:D

For me it's a tie between "ignorant fuckmuppet" and "incomprehensible jizztrumpet" :D:D:D

(Okay, jizztrumpet wins)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

billvon

Wait a minute - Scotland is a foreign country?

Ah, it's an easy mistake to make.

Odd. I thought Nugent was a big supporter.

"Singer Ted Nugent, a Trump fan, is skipping the convention despite numerous invitations to appear 'due to our intensive concert touring schedule,' a spokeswoman said."

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/who-will-show-up-who-will-pay-the-many-unknowns-of-the-gop-convention/2016/06/28/96abbd9c-3d34-11e6-a66f-aa6c1883b6b1_story.html

Phil1111

***Hi Robert,

"This is not my party,” Will said during his speech at the event.

I was an R for 42 yrs. I did not leave the party, the party left me.

I think George feels the same way,

Jerry Baumchen

By the time the election comes around the Republican house representatives will all be going George Will.

In order to save themselves they will all be trying to separate themselves from Trump and his mouth. Trump has won the nomination and every time he talks without a teleprompter he alienates a sector of conservative voters that he will need in November.

He's not much better off even with the Teleprompter.

No, actually I disagree.

His support for the Donald isn't unrestricted, he just likes him better than Hillary. And he's making his objections to the Donald in public, making them part of the discussion.

This is clearly important to him, but not a deal-breaker. Either that, or he figures that the Donald won't actually torture when it comes down to it, and simply wants him to be honest about it up front.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Yesterday, John McCain blasted The Donald about Trump's position on water-boarding.
>But, McCain still says that he supports him.

True of a lot of republicans. (Which is good for Trump; if he had to rely on people who supported his positions, he'd get about 3% of the popular vote.)

It is getting very hard to find people who have NOT blasted him. He just hired a new communications director for his campaign, who up until he was hired was tweeting about #SleazyDonald.

wmw999

No, actually I disagree.

His support for the Donald isn't unrestricted, he just likes him better than Hillary. And he's making his objections to the Donald in public, making them part of the discussion.

This is clearly important to him, but not a deal-breaker. Either that, or he figures that the Donald won't actually torture when it comes down to it, and simply wants him to be honest about it up front.

Wendy P.

^^^^ this

I can admire a guy that has made his choice, but doesn't just blindly support the entire party line. We have enough sycophants. The rest of the right and the entire left could do with more of this.

The fact that he is talking to specific issues instead of just fanatically playing D vs R is heartening.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hi Wendy,

His support for the Donald isn't unrestricted,

I never mentioned anything about any 'restrictions.'

I contend that he supports Trump if he plans on voting for him.

Some, like former Trea. Sec Paulson has decided to support Ms. Clinton by voting for her.

Jerry Baumchen

Jerry Baumchen