Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

I have had an strong feeling this must be an social experiment, and it is getting stronger for every day. I just cant understand how people are getting so fed up, and willing to vote for such a man like Trump, but hey, you guys voted for clumsy George and his gang. It is hard to understand American mentality for someone looking outside in.

I just cant understand how people are getting so fed up, and willing to vote for such a man like Trump, but hey, you guys voted for clumsy George and his gang.

Maybe realize it's not the entire population making these choices?

Clearly that's also part of the issue, but it's true.

For instance, in the case of Trump it would be about 30% of 50%. About a third of the Republicans who turned out to vote which isn't even all of the eligible Republican voters who could have turned out. So really, Trump represents the wishes of about 15% of the US.***

*** Numbers not exact but close enough for these purposes.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

But still 43% of speakers corner have voted Donald. I just cant twist my brain around how to vote for him, when I see him live on tv, social media, news, and it is got dam it no what so ever edited. It is raw straight from the source, no bullshit.

But still 43% of speakers corner have voted Donald. I just cant twist my brain around how to vote for him, when I see him live on tv, social media, news, and it is got dam it no what so ever edited. It is raw straight from the source, no bullshit.

Most of us feel that way - but it s still better than Hillary.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

43% of speakers corner have voted Donald.

That's why the liberals here are working overtime posting anti-trump threads. Billvon and Kallend's anti-trump posts account for almost 30% of all threads on the 1st page alone - and that's not even counting the threads that have been hijacked.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Hi Paul,

relatively small, but very vocal, minority of idiots

The vast majority of support for Trump is from white males with a low intellect.

I was having dinner last nite with my son and he said that Trump wanted to make this a 'white only' country. I agreed with him.

And it is not based upon a dislike of various groups, it is based upon an outright hatred of these non-white groups.

Jerry Baumchen

Lol, what complete utter shit.

I'll admit that since the Trump candidacy, I've wondered if perhaps I've been a bit naive when it comes to the level of racism/bigotry in this country - but what you just wrote was desperate to the point of delusion.

Coreeece

I'll admit that since the Trump candidacy, I've wondered if perhaps I've been a bit naive when it comes to the level of racism/bigotry in this country - but what you just wrote was desperate to the point of delusion.

When's the last time you've seen the white power folks so excited about a presidential candidate ?

Trump's history doesn't really show a lot of racism; it'd be all over the news if it were there (think Paula Deen and stories about her restaurants). He talks shit, and lots of people think he means it how they interpret it. That he talks it in the first place as wildly as he does is stupid; that he continues to do so, without disavowing the yahoos he incites is worse. But he just can't see any publicity or adulation as bad.

Now imagine him negotiating with someone who sucks up to him -- hell cave every time as long as he thinks he's personally getting something out of the deal.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Trump's history doesn't really show a lot of racism; it'd be all over the news if it were there

He was bashing Native Americans in the early '90's: http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/donald-trumps-business-failures-election-2016-486091.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wmw999

Trump's history doesn't really show a lot of racism; it'd be all over the news if it were there (think Paula Deen and stories about her restaurants). He talks shit, and lots of people think he means it how they interpret it. That he talks it in the first place as wildly as he does is stupid; that he continues to do so, without disavowing the yahoos he incites is worse. But he just can't see any publicity or adulation as bad.

Now imagine him negotiating with someone who sucks up to him -- hell cave every time as long as he thinks he's personally getting something out of the deal.

Wendy P.

Somewhat accurate. You are describing a typical pandering politician. trump panders to racists. If he does it too much he will paint himself into a corner where he acts on the racist ideas.

As far as most voters want him,(other posts above) the polls show otherwise. Republican party voters in primary elections voted for him and thats a small part of the total electorate.

You're completely right about his narcissist ego overriding common sense with regards to publicity and macro thinking.

"Michael Morell, former acting director of the CIA, endorsed Hillary Clinton for president in a New York Times op-ed Friday, praising the former secretary of state's qualifications and warning that GOP nominee Donald Trump "may well pose a threat to national security."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politics/michael-morell-clinton-endorsement/

trump is a threat to US national interests, US economic interests. The sooner the Republican party comes to recognize it the sooner they can concentrate on maintaining the seats that they have. Controlling the house won't stop Hillary from appointing SC judges. But it will allow them to block legislation.

The republican party has failed to address the issues that led to Obama's re-election. trump is but a symptom of those failures.

"To the Go-Along Republicans
Memo to Paul Ryan: Trump’s problem is his character, not his ‘ideas.’

By Bret Stephens Aug. 1, 2016 6:43 p.m. ET

There’s an old saying that in politics there are no permanent victories—and no permanent defeats. Barry Goldwater was crushed in 1964 but the ideas that animated his candidacy found new life in the Reagan Revolution of 1980. Bill Clinton declared the era of big government over in 1996 and 14 years later we got ObamaCare.

The inevitable turning of the policy wheel should comfort conservatives unnerved by the prospect of a Hillary Clinton presidency. Liberals overreach. Statist solutions fail. Voters tire of one-party rule. To govern is to own, and the next president will own the next recession, the next foreign-policy fiasco, the next Veterans Affairs scandal. If Mrs. Clinton is everything Republicans say she is—an opportunistic, dishonest, incompetent left-wing ideologue—they can at least look forward to a one-term presidency. I know I do.

But to say there are no permanent victories or defeats in politics doesn’t mean there is no permanent dishonor. Huey Long, Charles Coughlin, Alger Hiss, Joe McCarthy and Bull Connor are the foul names of America’s 20th century, and always will be. And those who supported and excused them will always be tainted by association.

This is where Republicans now find themselves with their presidential nominee. Of all of Donald Trump’s vile irruptions—about Sen. John McCain’s military record, or reporter Serge Kovaleski’s physical handicap, or Judge Gonzalo Curiel’s judicial fitness—his casual smear of Ghazala Khan is perhaps the vilest.

This isn’t simply because Mrs. Khan is a bereaved mother. Bereavement alone does not place someone above criticism, especially when it comes to political differences. Nor is it because Mrs. Khan’s son, U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan, died heroically to protect his troops in Iraq. The special deference given to Gold Star parents is, at bottom, a social convention.

No: What makes Mr. Trump’s remarks so foul is their undisguised sadism. He took a woman too heartbroken and anxious to speak of her dead son before an audience of millions and painted a target on her. He treated her silence as evidence that she was either a dolt or a stooge. He degraded her. “She was standing there. She had nothing to say,” Mr. Trump told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me.”

In this comment there was the full unmasking of Mr. Trump, in case he needed further unmasking. He has, as Humayun’s father Khizr put it, a “black soul.” His problem isn’t a lack of normal propriety but the absence of basic human decency. He is morally unfit for any office, high or low.

This is the point that needs to dawn—and dawn soon—on Republican officeholders who pretend to endorse Mr. Trump while also pretending, via wink-and-nod, that they do not. Paul Ryan has tried to walk this razor’s edge by stressing how much he disagrees with Mr. Trump’s “ideas.” On Sunday the speaker issued a flabby statement extolling the Khan family’s sacrifice and denouncing religious tests for immigrants without mentioning Mr. Trump by name.

Mr. Ryan is doing his personal reputation and his party’s fortunes no favors with these evasions. The central issue in this election isn’t Mr. Trump’s ideas, such as they are. It’s his character, such as it is. The sin, in this case, is the sinner.

It will not do for Republicans to say they denounce Mr. Trump’s personal slanders; his nativism and protectionism and isolationism; his mendacity and meanness and crassness; his disdain for constitutional protections—and still campaign for his election. There is no redemption in saying you went along with it, but only halfway; that with Mr. Trump you maintained technical virginity. To lie down with him is to wake up with him. It’s as simple as that.

That’s a thought that ought to frighten Republicans. The Khan slander was not Mr. Trump’s first and will not be his last or worst. As one wag on Twitter put it, the man always finds a new bottom. Nor are we likely done with new disclosures about Mr. Trump’s business practices and associations. Conservative die-hards may try to hold fast to the excuse that Hillary Clinton was, is, and always will be “worse,” but the argument can’t be sustained indefinitely. Mrs. Clinton is not the apotheosis of evil. She may be a corner-cutter and a liar, and she’ll almost surely appoint liberals to the Supreme Court. But at least she’s not a sociopath.

Politics is mostly the business of maintaining popularity in the here-and-now. Not always. Come January, Mrs. Clinton will likely be president. Whether there is a GOP that can still lay a claim to moral and political respectability is another question. Mr. Ryan and other Go-Along Republicans should treat the Khan episode as their last best hope to preserve political reputations they have worked so hard to build.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/to-the-go-along-republicans-1470091421

jclalor

******The vast majority of support for Trump is from white males with a low intellect.

. . .Trump wanted to make this a 'white only' country.

. . .it is based upon an outright hatred of these non-white groups.

When's the last time you've seen the white power folks so excited about a presidential candidate ?

Ok, so by your logic, since black power folks were excited about Obama's candidacy, the majority of Obama's black supporters must've had a low intellect - Obama must've hated white people and wanted to make this a "blacks only" country. . .

(snigger)

Right, because the reasons why black power advocates would choose a black person running among a bunch of white people must be the same as the reasons why white power advocates would overwhelmingly choose one white person running among a bunch of other white people.

Yeah...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Coreeece

*********The vast majority of support for Trump is from white males with a low intellect.

. . .Trump wanted to make this a 'white only' country.

. . .it is based upon an outright hatred of these non-white groups.

Ok, so by your logic, since black power folks were excited about Obama's candidacy, the majority of Obama's black supporters must've had a low intellect - Obama must've hated white people and wanted to make this a "blacks only" country. . .

(snigger)

US presidents get elected by winning "centrist" swing states comprised of moderate voters. Hillary and the democrats recognize this. Trump and the republicans don't. Although the republican party of Bush jr did.

" “I’m worried,” Bush told them, “that I will be the last Republican president.”

Donald Trump, who will officially become the Republican nominee on Tuesday, has done little to inspire renewed confidence since.

Instead, he has solidified himself as an erratic, underfunded and scattershot candidate, plagued by staff turmoil and missed opportunities. In the run-up to the convention, he sued a former aide for $10 million. He canceled his vice-presidential announcement citing a terror attack in France, went on cable news and declared America to be in a world war and then announced his pick at the original time slot anyway on Twitter. Within hours, Trump was rocked by leaks from within his inner circle about his own late-night waffling on the single most significant decision a presidential candidate can make...

In interviews with more than 40 of the Republican Party’s leading strategists, lawmakers, fundraisers and donors, a common thread has emerged heading into the general election: Win or lose in November (and more expect to lose than not), they fear that Trump’s overheated and racialized rhetoric could irreparably poison the GOP brand among the fastest-growing demographic groups in America....

In delegation breakfasts, private hotel suites and steakhouses across Cleveland—and farther afield for those, like Jeb Bush and his family, who are skipping the festivities—they are laying the foundations for the next political battles they believe can actually be won: first, to preserve the GOP majorities in the House and Senate this fall, then to save the Republican Party itself."

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/rnc-2016-gop-republican-party-leaders-future-donald-trump-214065#ixzz4Ermv50bQ

In the meantime everyone else I know seems to be stocking up on guns and high capacity magazines.Not like they don't own enough to equip platoons already. In case things go terribly wrong in November.

>>The vast majority of support for Trump is from white males with a low intellect.

>Lol, what complete utter shit.

===============
Trump overwhelmingly leads rivals in support from less educated Americans

BY Jennifer C. Kerr, Associated Press April 3, 2016 at 6:52 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — It was in Nevada, just about month ago, when Donald Trump proclaimed his affection for the uneducated.

“We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated,” the Republican presidential front-runner boasted after coasting to a decisive victory in the state’s caucuses.

He should love them.

Trump overwhelmingly leads his rivals for support among the less educated, and draws more modest backing from college graduates and those with postgraduate study, according to exit polls conducted for the Associated Press and television networks by Edison Research.
===================
Donald Trump’s surge is all about less-educated Americans
By Janell Ross July 27, 2015
WaPo

. . .

In a nutshell, the people pushing Trump to the head of the polling pack in the very crowded Republican field, the people who have assured Trump a position on the debate stage next month and the people fueling Trump's candidacy are — overwhelmingly but not limited to — white, Republicans with limited education. They have their reasons.
==================
Trump's supporters found to have the worst grammar
By Eliza Collins
10/06/15 05:17 PM EDT

With so much talk-time in front of the media, the 2016 presidential candidates are scrutinized for every word they utter, but what happens when grammarians put their supporters under the microscope?

Grammarly, a writing-enhancement website, looked at comments by the hopefuls' supporters on the candidates' official Facebook pages to find out who was making the most mistakes and who was making the fewest.

The clear winner was Democratic contender Lincoln Chafee, who's barely registering at the polls but whose supporters — the small number of them that there are — made just 3.1 mistakes per every 100 words.

The clear loser? Donald Trump.

His supporters registered a whopping average of 12.6 mistakes per 100 words, putting the Republican front-runner dead last among the 19 campaigns.
===================

billvon

>>The vast majority of support for Trump is from white males with a low intellect.

>Lol, what complete utter shit.

===============
Trump overwhelmingly leads rivals in support from less educated Americans

BY Jennifer C. Kerr, Associated Press April 3, 2016 at 6:52 PM EDT

WASHINGTON — It was in Nevada, just about month ago, when Donald Trump proclaimed his affection for the uneducated.

“We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated,” the Republican presidential front-runner boasted after coasting to a decisive victory in the state’s caucuses.

He should love them.

Trump overwhelmingly leads his rivals for support among the less educated, and draws more modest backing from college graduates and those with postgraduate study.

Ok, but this article is referring to education. JB was talking about intellect - there is a difference.

A highly educated person with a "low intellect" most likely doesn't have the capacity to do much with that education.

This is probably one of the reasons why we still hear a lot of educated liberals talking about gun control policies that have already been proven ineffective. They're unable to even recognize or admit when their "solutions" don't work. They don't have the intellectual capability to accurately assess the situation and propose realistic solutions - which is why they keep trying to implement the same failed policies, repeatedly - over and over.

However, an uneducated person with a higher intellect can at least take advantage of that intellect and make their life more manageable - which is why Trump supporters tend to be more successful than democrats overall - at least financially.

Now while it is true that the most educated and successful republicans voted for candidates other than Trump, it does say a lot when even the "scum" of republican party voters tend to be more successful than those supporting a democrat.

The financial success of these republican voters can be attributed to better decision making skills overall, whereas the relatively low median income of democrats can be attributed to poor decision making skills, thus leaving them prone to making that same mistakes repeatedly - over and over - just like those they support.

>Ok, but this article is referring to education. JB was talking about intellect - there is a difference.

There is indeed - but there is a strong correlation between the two. Political scientist Charles Murray wrote a book "Coming Apart" on the changes in the US white population from 1960 to 2012. He cites two separate studies that compare IQ to highest level of education achieved - one from 1982-1989 and one from 2005-2009. The correlations are almost identical. They are:

White Americans with no degree: Average IQ 87
White Americans with high school diploma/GED: Average IQ 99
White Americans with an Associate degree: Average IQ 104
White Americans with a Bachelor’s degree: Average IQ 113
White Americans with a Master’s degree: Average IQ 117
White Americans with PhD, LLD, MD, or DDS: Average IQ 124

It is from those lower educational levels, correlated with lower IQ's, that most of Trump's supporters arise.