grimmie

Burn the Quran!

Bottom line is that this clown Jones has a constitutional right to burn the book under freedom of speech, however with rights come responsibilities. With actions come reactions. By burning the Quran he will be directly responsible for the deaths of other Americans, maybe even his own. Not saying I support that, its just a fact waiting to happen.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Bottom line is that this clown Jones has a constitutional right to burn the book under freedom of speech, however with rights come responsibilities. With actions come reactions. By burning the Quran he will be directly responsible for the deaths of other Americans, maybe even his own. Not saying I support that, its just a fact waiting to happen.

And how do you know he isn't burning the Quran to protest the Ground Zero Mosque?

With rights come responsibilities. With actions come reactions. By Building the mosque he will be directly responsible for pissing off a lot of Americans who lost loved ones on 9/11. Not saying I support that, its just a fact waiting to happen.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

And how do you know he isn't burning the Quran to protest the Ground Zero Mosque?

With rights come responsibilities. With actions come reactions. By Building the mosque he will be directly responsible for pissing off a lot of Americans who lost loved ones on 9/11. Not saying I support that, its just a fact waiting to happen.

I don't give a shit why he's burning the book, the reaction will be the same whatever his motivation.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This is theatre of the absurd. It is along the same lines and concept of the Westboro Baptist Church and their "God hates fags" campaign or, building a Muslim monument at "Ground Zero." It creates controversy which in turn raises money. There is no such thing as bad advertising.

F*** Islam = $$$
F*** Liberals = $$$
F*** Conservatives = $$$
F*** Christians = $$$
F*** Jews = $$$

It will continue until the "Tribulation" period is terminated with the final "Battle of Armageddon."

The Yin and the Yang are needed to create the energy of life.

Today, 8 Sep 10, Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown Jerusalem time. Sound the trumpets!
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Maybe because his website lists 15 reasons to burn a koran and that is not one of them?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Wow, General Petraeus ask that the burning should be discouraged to help protect the lives of American soldiers and the Republican leadership is silent on his comments? Even GWB had a "No comment"

So much for supporting the troops.

It's Bush's fault. :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 to 1988 is 7 years-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

Funny - you aren't saying that you DON'T support that either.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't give a shit why he's burning the book, the reaction will be the same whatever his motivation.

Unless we sublimate, you'll get the same reaction regardless.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

With actions come reactions. By burning the Quran he will be directly responsible for the deaths of other Americans.

And women who wear short skirts and show lots of cleavage are directly responsible for their own rape.

It's quaint how some people blame everybody and everything, except the actual criminals who kill people.

John's got a point here. I think we all agree the preacher is a fuckwit. But why are we laying responsibility for violent irrational action by other fuckwits on the other side of the planet at his feet?

If you blame him for burning the book and pissing off the Islamofascists, shouldn't you blame the media for broadcasting the story. I mean, it's not like Iran or the Stans have got spies in Florida looking for book burners. If you're going to blame murder on someone other than the murders, why not blame everyone involved?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

If I lived in the area I'd probably try to get as many people as possible to join me in sitting on their lawn. Yeah, we might get arrested for trespassing, but it might make it clear that there are a decent number of people willing to stand up for tolerance.

And the average Muslim (at least among the ones I know) IS moderate. You don't read about them in the news, so I guess some folks don't figure they exist.:S

Wendy P.

If I still lived in DeLand, I would go there. I would like to see a lot of people start showning up 24 hours before hand and encircle the property. Not on his property but on the neighbors. I like to think they would not be supporting an idiot like this. A crowd of people standing srm in srm, maybe even in 2 rows around the place. Try ont to let anyone in. Like a "Gandi" thing.

;) Insert Facetious Icon Here.;)

OR (and this is WAY more radical and probably counter-productive) hold a alternate book burning. How about the Torah? Jews killed Jesus so let's burn their book. And the Bible. The Catholic church killed a LOT of people in the Inquesition os let's burn their book. And the Hindus. I'm not sure what they've done but... On second thought, let's not burn the Kama Sutra.

Seriously, some thing needs to be done. Those guys on 9 / 11 didn't just hijack airplanes, they hijacked the Muslim religion. If more of the mainstream Muslims had made a lot of noise about how they didn't agree with what the hijackers did, things might be a little different now. If Christians allow this guy to hijack Christianity, the reaction in the Muslim world will be understandable.

It would be a great thing if mainstream Muslims beat down the fundamentalist muslims and the mainstream Christians beat down the fundamentalist christians. But sadly, I don't thind that will happen.

"Can't we all just get along?" No, Rodney, I gress we can't. :(

Sorry this was so long.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

With actions come reactions. By burning the Quran he will be directly responsible for the deaths of other Americans.

And women who wear short skirts and show lots of cleavage are directly responsible for their own rape.

It's quaint how some people blame everybody and everything, except the actual criminals who kill people.

. . . and that AK47 just picked itself up and walked over to detonate that IED all by its self.:|

Wow, General Petraeus ask that the burning should be discouraged to help protect the lives of American soldiers and the Republican leadership is silent on his comments? Even GWB had a "No comment"

So much for supporting the troops.

It's Bush's fault. :D

I never said that, all I was say it's a bit odd when Petreaus wants support for the troops that the right is mostly silent. Where is Palin? where is Beck? where is Limbaugh? Fucking hypocrite, always blabbing how they and the right support the troops, until it might cost them a few votes.

"People like Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, and Glenn Beck have made a name for themselves as the leading voices for the conservative movement. Each made known their opposition to the stimulus, health care reform, and most recently the "Ground Zero mosque" project. Each has also professed there undying support for American troops serving overseas, and at times criticized the Obama administration for allegedly not supporting the troops. However, in wake of the recent Koran burning controversy all three conservative leaders, and most Republicans, have not given any input on the issue.

For those new to the story, Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center in Florida is planning a "International Burn a Quran Day" for September 11th. Pastor Jones plans to televise the event and encourages others to follow their example of burning the Koran. Jones claims that Islam is the religion of the devil, and claims he is burning the Koran in remembrance of the victims of 9/11. However, many have accused Jones of simply seeking publicity by taking an extreme viewpoint.

In response to the story General David Petreaus, the head of U.S. combat operations in Afghanistan, urged Pastor Jones to not follow through with the event. The Pentagon and White House echoed Gen. Patreaus' sentiments. Gen. Petreaus warned that the Koran burning event could endanger the lives of United States troops by inflaming the emotions of local Afghans. Patreaus even went as far as to suggest the event could help the Taliban recruit in the country, and hurt the larger military mission in the area. Last week hundreds of Afghans protested in Kabul upon simply hearing about the Koran burning rally. Many chanted "Death to America" and some threw stones at American military convoys. Despite Patreaus' warning, Pastor Jones has said he still plans to go ahead with the burning of the Koran.

Tonight Keith Olbermann sought input from numerous conservative commentators and Republican leaders. What he got back was simply the sound of silence. Despite their supposed devotion to the troops, conservatives and Republican politicians seem unwillingly to condemn the Koran burning rally despite the danger it represents. Pastor Jones will surely not listen to liberal like Olbermann, but if conservatives line up in a unified front against his rally it may have a more persuasive effect. For example, Pastor Jones has said he respects former President George W. Bush, but no comment has been given by the former president.

It seems that Republicans and conservatives are more than willing to comment on controversial subject when their message is anti-Islam, but unwilling to comment when their message may upset some of their most fanatical base voters."

(Sept. 8) -- New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is defending the Rev. Terry Jones' right to burn copies of the Quran on Saturday, in what the controversial pastor has deemed "International Burn-a-Quran Day."

"In a strange way, I'm here to defend his right to do that. I happen to think that it is distasteful. I don't think he would like it if somebody burnt a book that in his religion he thinks is holy," Bloomberg said Tuesday at a news conference about the status of the World Trade Center site, according to The Wall Street Journal.

"But the First Amendment protects everybody," Bloomberg continued. "And you can't say that we're going to apply the First Amendment to only those cases where we are in agreement."

Bloomberg has been a staunch defender of Imam Feisal Abdul-Rauf's right to build the so-called "ground zero mosque," officially called Park51, near the World Trade Center site.

"Whatever you may think of the proposed mosque and community center, lost in the heat of the debate has been a basic question: Should government attempt to deny private citizens the right to build a house of worship on private property based on their particular religion?" Bloomberg said in an emotional speech on Aug. 3. "That may happen in other countries, but we should never allow it to happen here. This nation was founded on the principle that the government must never choose between religions, or favor one over another."

Sponsored LinksJones' planned book burning on Sept. 11 has been met with widespread protest. Earlier this week, Gen. David Petraeus said the act could endanger American troops abroad and the war effort. Attorney General Eric Holder called the plans "idiotic and dangerous." Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called it a "disrespectful, disgraceful act."

Last night, New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the plans were "un-American." The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, echoed Clinton's words today in a statement saying Jones' plans were "disrespectful, intolerant and divisive." And Angelina Jolie condemned the protest today while on a humanitarian mission to flood-ravaged Pakistan.
Filed under: Nation, Surge Desk

I find it funny that the same out spoken Libs that defend Muslims marching in protest , blocking off streets for thier Prayers, thier right to beat their wives, Thier rigth to hide thier faces in airports....are the same ones against an Americans right to Protest, in the manner he wishes, that is non violent, and hurts no one!

Last night, New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the plans were "un-American." The U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, echoed Clinton's words today in a statement saying Jones' plans were "disrespectful, intolerant and divisive." And Angelina Jolie condemned the protest today while on a humanitarian mission to flood-ravaged Pakistan.
Filed under: Nation, Surge Desk

. . . and I wonder what their response and comment would be if the situation was reversed.

Oh wait - it alread has been before - where were their damning comments then?

Way to go AUSTRALIA - NICELY DONE!

But it's OK as long as it is done to a Judeo Christian book.[:/]

If I'm at a large indoor event and yell, "There's a bomb! Fire!" and the crowd panics and 20 people die in the stampede, will I get charged with a crime?

If some of our troops get killed as a direct result of this action, will the pastor be charged with a crime?

...People like Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, and Glenn Beck have made a name for themselves as the leading voices for the conservative movement. Each made known their opposition to the stimulus, health care reform, and most recently the "Ground Zero mosque" project. Each has also professed there undying support for American troops serving overseas, and at times criticized the Obama administration for allegedly not supporting the troops. However, in wake of the recent Koran burning controversy all three conservative leaders, and most Republicans, have not given any input on the issue.

...It seems that Republicans and conservatives are more than willing to comment on controversial subject when their message is anti-Islam, but unwilling to comment when their message may upset some of their most fanatical base voters."

Matthew 6:24
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...