grimmie

Burn the Quran!

But we do have issues with mosques. A significant number have been shown to be part of an Islamofacist underground in the US. I understand that many do not want to acknowledge that.

But we do have issues with Christian extremists. When they break laws, such as abortion center bombings, they are quite vigorously prosecuted.

Hmmm...so for Christians we wait until AFTER they break the law before we prosecute/persecute them. Why not give Muslims the same degree of respect? Either that or we should shut down construction of new Churches to prove that we're not Islamophobic bigots.

So.... If a muslim burns a bible and it pisses me off and I start to go whack muslims, who should get arrested? Me? Or the guy who burned the bible?

Frankly? The news people (editors, reporters, etc all of them) that artificially made such a huge stink about a private citizen's petty/pissy actions such that you found out about it and got pissed.

This is as good as any other tangential blame I've seen so far.:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So.... If a muslim burns a bible and it pisses me off and I start to go whack muslims, who should get arrested? Me? Or the guy who burned the bible?

Frankly? The news people (editors, reporters, etc all of them) that artificially made such a huge stink about a private citizen's petty/pissy actions such that you found out about it and got pissed.

This is as good as any other tangential blame I've seen so far.:P

Sounds good to me, so long as we similarly hold accountable the media for propagating mindless, petty/pissy, ignorance peddling in general.

I'm in violent agreement. This is at least as good as having them all be drenched by the fire hose :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And just who gets the bill for the security...... BILLING

:o:ph34r:

Good - the ignorant twatmuppet *should* have to pay for the increased security.

So you would agree that all religious leaders that annger any polulation of any kind shuld provide their own security, right?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Florida Rev. Terry Jones said he is cancelling the planned burning of the Quran and instead flying to New York on Saturday to meet with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the man behind the planned New York mosque.

"We have agreed to cancel our event on Saturday and on Saturday I have agreed to meet with the Imam," Jones said Thursday.

He said he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location. The agreement couldn?t be immediately confirmed.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-09-09-quran-burning-florida-church_N.htm

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Florida Rev. Terry Jones said he is cancelling the planned burning of the Quran and instead flying to New York on Saturday to meet with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the man behind the planned New York mosque.

"We have agreed to cancel our event on Saturday and on Saturday I have agreed to meet with the Imam," Jones said Thursday.

He said he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location. The agreement couldn?t be immediately confirmed.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2010-09-09-quran-burning-florida-church_N.htm

If that is true . . . it seems like both of them came to their senses.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

So public out cry and opinion has changed the mind of this pastor

Will the same be ok should the GZ mosque be moved for the same reason?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>Will the same be ok should the GZ mosque be moved for the same reason?

He can do whatever he likes with the mosque. If he doesn't want to move it, great. If he does, that's fine too.

But you don't think he should.

>But you don't think he should.

I don't think he should or he shouldn't. He should do what he wants with his property, whether I (or you for that matter) thinks it's a good idea.

I'm sure you won't check with him if you decide to build a hangar somewhere.

>But you don't think he should.

I don't think he should or he shouldn't. He should do what he wants with his property, whether I (or you for that matter) thinks it's a good idea.

I'm sure you won't check with him if you decide to build a hangar somewhere.

Either a: you have absolutely no opinion

Or b: You are scared of someone bringing this post back up when it benefits an argument.