grimmie

Burn the Quran!

If I'm at a large indoor event and yell, "There's a bomb! Fire!" and the crowd panics and 20 people die in the stampede, will I get charged with a crime?

If some of our troops get killed as a direct result of this action, will the pastor be charged with a crime?

So.... If a muslim burns a bible and it pisses me off and I start to go whack muslims, who should get arrested? Me? Or the guy who burned the bible?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

With actions come reactions. By burning the Quran he will be directly responsible for the deaths of other Americans.

And women who wear short skirts and show lots of cleavage are directly responsible for their own rape.

It's quaint how some people blame everybody and everything, except the actual criminals who kill people.

+1
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Bottom line is that this clown Jones has a constitutional right to burn the book under freedom of speech, however with rights come responsibilities. With actions come reactions. By burning the Quran he will be directly responsible for the deaths of other Americans, maybe even his own. Not saying I support that, its just a fact waiting to happen.

And how do you know he isn't burning the Quran to protest the Ground Zero Mosque?

With rights come responsibilities. With actions come reactions. By Building the mosque he will be directly responsible for pissing off a lot of Americans who lost loved ones on 9/11. Not saying I support that, its just a fact waiting to happen.

I don't give a shit why he's burning the book, the reaction will be the same whatever his motivation.

And I personally don't give a shit about the reaction. As long as they insist on building the Mosque, I say burn the Quran.

You don't piss all over my feelings and then expect me to give a rats ass about yours.

As it has been stated over and over again in this thread, freedom of speech and actions have consequences.

Pastor Jones' goal should be to win people to his faith. How does this help his cause?

RonD's post #57 hit the nail on the head: there ain't no thing as bad publicity, and Jones wants to cash in. That, and self-aggrandize.

That seems rather cynical on Ron's part, in view of Ron's constant harangues on this forum.

It could be that this guy is just more sincere about his Christianity than Ron (and most "Christians").
All the way back to the OT, the idea was to get rid of the
people worshiping idols in Canaan.

Most Christian sects will tell you that theirs is the only
accurate version of Christianity, but then they don't back
it with actual action.

There is really only one side to Christianity. You've got to
believe that Christ is the "Way" into heaven. The only way.
Anyone selling other versions is part of Satans plan to mislead you.

No middle ground, or appeasement, in the Bible.

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.
1 Corinthians 10:21

This guy may end up dying for his beliefs, but I hear that has happened before (a couple of thousand years ago).

I think he is a true believer, not just a pseudo-Christian.

I find it funny that the same out spoken Libs that defend Muslims marching in protest , blocking off streets for thier Prayers, thier right to beat their wives, Thier rigth to hide thier faces in airports....are the same ones against an Americans right to Protest, in the manner he wishes, that is non violent, and hurts no one!

it's good to be a lib , what feels good is right , what feels right is good . start with the feeling then justify it, use any cockeyed logic and little to no reason . sucks to be conservative , take fundamental unchanging truths , apply logic and reason , then stand on principle and accept resulting emotions good or bad , and if bad suck it up!

>But we do have issues with mosques. A significant number have been
>shown to be part of an Islamofacist underground in the US. I understand
>that many do not want to acknowledge that.

Correct, just as we have problems with Christian priests molesting young children. Most people are smart enough not to blame all Christians for the actions of their leaders.

Another really crappy analogy. A comparison without usefulness.

Why not just directly respond to the role that a significant number of mosques have in Islamofacist goals to attack and harm the Western World? No analogy needed.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Another really crappy analogy. A comparison without usefulness.

Of course. Christians are familiar and not scary like Muslims; I can see you not understanding the analogy.

>Why not just directly respond to the role that a significant number of
>mosques have in Islamofacist goals to attack and harm the Western World?

Sure, a lot of them have had roles in terrorism, specifically mosques overseas. Here in the US, that is very rare. For the ones that do get involved in criminal enterprises, we should treat them like any other religion that has criminals in it.

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.
1 Corinthians 10:21

Do you understand he's talking about Idolatry?

Is Idolatry the topic of conversation here?

I think you're gonna have a hard time twisting this text to mean that not burnng the Koran is in fact Idolatrous and if we don't, we are arousing our Lord to anger.

But if we keep reading, we do find something relevant to this conversation:

1 Corinthians 10:23-24
"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Let him burn it if the asshole wants to; his right to do that is protected. Of course, if he does, he has to acknowledge that others have the right to do things he finds odious as well - even if they're Muslim.

He has the right to do it but, many consider it the wrong thing to do

Hmmmmmm

something else like that has been going on lately

let me think...........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I say let him burn the damn book. If a riot/mob forms because of it so what? Nothing a well placed JDAM can't take care of. Either way the extreemists over there are going to keep shooting at us. I say why not lure them out and congregate in one place?B|

And if all else fails, Fuck em'(islamic extreemists) if they cant take a joke.:D

Muff #5048

Let him burn it if the asshole wants to; his right to do that is protected. Of course, if he does, he has to acknowledge that others have the right to do things he finds odious as well - even if they're Muslim.

Hmmmmmm

let me think...........

Yeah... Y'know, it's amazing that no-one else picked up on that yet.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Whether or not you agree with the goals of OBL, you have to admire his commitment. Son of a billionaire (not millions, billions) and he makes a choice to spend the rest of his life living in caves and marked for death.

How many "Christians" are going the extra mile ?
Around 70 AD, it was a little tougher.

The NT says Jesus is the way, not Jesus and whoever you are too afraid to confront.
Reminds me of the movie Dogma and the figure of "Buddy Jesus". :S

If you claim to be a Christian, then any alternative that
leads away from Christ is the path to hell. Can you at least take a stand on that concept ? It's pretty much, yes or no. Christ or not.

Why are the New Hollywood Christians ok with all the other religions ?

At least the Muslims can stick to their values.

Hmmmmmm

let me think...........

Yeah... Y'know, it's amazing that no-one else picked up on that yet.

You really struggle when you get caught up in your own drivel don't you:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Whether or not you agree with the goals of OBL, you have to admire his commitment.

No I don't

Son of a billionaire (not millions, billions) and he makes a choice to spend the rest of his life living in caves and marked for death.

Sounds more like a coward to me.

How many "Christians" are going the extra mile ?

You really are out of you depth aren't you?

If you claim to be a Christian, then any alternative that leads away from Christ is the path to hell. Can you at least take a stand on that concept ?

There are many muslims whose faith has lead them to this country, specifically my hometown, Detroit. It has opened up a wonderful evangelistic opportunity. Excuse me if I don't feel like destroying that opportunity by screaming at timid gentle people in a new land while I burn the only book in that they so far found comfort, then piss on the ashes in front of their beautiful children..destroying all their hopes of a new peaceful life of opportunity in a country that's supposed to be above all that.

It's pretty much, yes or no. Christ or not.

Absolutely, 100% yes.

So go ahead, put that bullet in my head.

It's pretty much, yes or no. Christ or not.

Absolutely, 100% yes.

So go ahead, put that bullet in my head.

Since the followers of Islam are definitely non-Christian in their beliefs. As a Christian, you'd have to say that they are wrong.

As you said, you either are a Christian or not.
As a Christian, you'd have to say that only Christ is the only way to get into heaven, so the Muslims are incorrect.

I'm not either, so I'm making sure we agree on the definitions.

The Muslims keep referring to the US as the Great Satan.
Does that go the other way ? They are definitely not Christians. Seems they must play for the other team.

Since the followers of Islam are definitely non-Christian in their beliefs. As a Christian, you'd have to say that they are wrong.

As a Christian, you'd have to say that only Christ is the only way to get into heaven, so the Muslims are incorrect.

Thankfully, God has given me the ability to explain why I believe they are wrong without just shouting you're going to hell! Then walking away all pissed off...then burning their stipid book in a tantrum of childish proportions in my backyard.:S

Thankfully, God has given me the ability to explain why I believe they are wrong without just shouting you're going to hell! Then walking away all pissed off...then burning their stipid book in a tantrum of childish proportions in my backyard.:S

So, you do tell them that they are going to hell, though (in the most polite way possible).

This is nothing but a computer forum.
Nothing but electricity here. I'm not asking you to
burn a book or shout or be rude in any fashion.

Just take a definitive stand on your belief system.

You can easily type, in a quiet honest fashion, if you believe it.

You can say to all the Muslims reading this that
you believe their belief system is wrong and they are going to hell. An opportunity to witness to thousands.
Tell them to cast Satan out.

See, I haven't found a Christian on these forums who
will state their beliefs exactly. Ron avoids saying anything about other religions because he is in the Hollywood-religion business.

Thought you might want to be the first... or not.
Not going to ask again. Ron got to deny 3 times.

So, you do tell them that they are going to hell, though (in the most polite way possible).

you believe their belief system is wrong and they are going to hell. An opportunity to witness to thousands.

will state their beliefs exactly.

Actually...Im starting to get more worried about you.

Would you like to come to Detroit on a mission trip so I could give you a dose of reality?

Would you like to come to Detroit on a mission trip so I could give you a dose of reality?

Nice way to avoid a simple statement of your "faith".
As I suspected.

Among the worst torments that Jesus suffered was the indignity of Peter's denial. Worse than a crown of thorn I suspect.
You could have typed, "Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven". Simple and easy. Does it embarrass you to type it ?

Don't worry. I don't believe in your religion either.
It's you that say you do. I won't worry about standing
before your higher power on judgment day.

It makes these discussions easier when I can exclude the people who merely posture.

As I suspected.

Among the worst torments that Jesus suffered was the indignity of Peter's denial. Worse than a crown of thorn I suspect.
You could have typed, "Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven". Simple and easy. Does it embarrass you to type it ?

Don't worry. I don't believe in your religion either.
It's you that say you do. I won't worry about standing
before your higher power on judgment day.

It makes these discussions easier when I can exclude the people who merely posture.

Actually he could have just stopped after typing:

1 Corinthians 10:23-24
"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.

...but after reading your last reply, you seem to be pretty happy with yourself... so congratulations to you.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

As I suspected.

You could have typed, "Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven".

I don't have to prove anything to you, I'm not subject to the whims of the lost.

I won't worry about standing before your higher power on judgment day.

You should, He's the one who judges who goes to hell...He's the only one...He's the only one who knows...not me.

So...how bout that reality check?

I may be going back to Detroit this fall...you can witness old diseased and disheveled muslim fathers who's own people won't help them out. They seem like lepers crying in hell...get ready to feel the power of God as they hug and kiss your cheek praising the Lord Jesus in front of your face. You won't even believe this is America...there is no reason to go to the middle east, they have brought their hell with them...I want you to feel it.

I want you to feel how it is to spread the good news...not the bad.

If I'm at a large indoor event and yell, "There's a bomb! Fire!" and the crowd panics and 20 people die in the stampede, will I get charged with a crime?

If some of our troops get killed as a direct result of this action, will the pastor be charged with a crime?

So.... If a muslim burns a bible and it pisses me off and I start to go whack muslims, who should get arrested? Me? Or the guy who burned the bible?

Ask Skydekker - he believes it wouldn't be the trigger pullers fault.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Is there a bomb or a fire? That would make a difference.

This could not be considered a direct cause but in any case how would you prove that it is a direct result? At best this could be considered an indirect cause if you are really stretching....so no.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
1981 to 1988 is 7 years-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.