PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

Someone on this site...I'm sure you can guess who, sent a letter to my boss claiming all kinds of stuff about me posting controversial information on the internet and associating it with my company and our clients along with links to my posts here.

Be careful, there are lots of whack jobs on the internet. Fortunately I got a nice severance to find a new job.

Fucked up. Cya.

Dam man:( that stinks! I have read (and disagreed with:P) many of your posts but to have this happen!!!??? Some people are just too dam bitter.

Good luck in the new job search. I trully believe things like this happen for a reason. And a good attitude brings a good result. Your job search will bring good results:)
Marc
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

There's really two separate issues. Yes, I know I can be fired for using the internet at work for non work related things (like I'm doing now....) Its one of those "everybody does it don't let it get out of hand" kind of things. But someone went out of their way to contact PK's employer and slander him, causing him to lose his job. And its not the first time- something similar happened to someone else.

So, there's employer issues and what they can and cannot legally do- out of our hands. Hopefully, PK will find another position before his severance runs out. And maybe some of us will stop using the internet so much at work.

But more important, there are community trust issues at play and I think it sucks.>:( So, yeah, I'd like to see the person outed, I'd like to know who would do something like that and why. Its twisted.

What Remster said. Revenge would just sink us to their disgustingly low level.
I believe in bad karma. What comes around, goes around...

Are you replying to me directly? Or just agreeing with Remster?

In case you were talking to me, I'll reply:

You're right, revenge is not what this person needs from us - they'll get theirs. However, forewarned is forearmed. I'd certainly want to know if someone in my circle pulled something like this.

As it is, I suppose the silver lining, though tarnished, is the reminder that we're not as "safe" as we think we are - a forewarning of its own, not that it did PK much good. (Unless the next job is better!)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

PK - This is nuts. I took a ton of info off my profile when Canuck went through his junk before, now it seems even more pertinent even though it's likely to late anyway. For someone who seems really decent, you get a lot of crap. Hope it works for the better. I hope you do decide to publish who it is.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

PhillyKev- I regret you have to go through this. It sucks and speaks volumes about the condition of man. If I could figure out where you lived, I would buy you a beer next time through. (And that should indicate fairly well that I don't have the mental acumen and adroitness to have dropped a dime on you.)

Let me know how you find the job market. I am not that far behind you.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

:o Hey, Kev. Holy moly. This is just repeating much of what has already been said, but redundancy never hurts, right?

From the little that I know about you from the forums, we all have no doubts that you'll bounce back from this (and we all know that the best revenge is massive success!) You are intelligent, and it seems that you can make the best of any situation, so use your strengths through this, and this too shall pass. Like many others have said, if there's anything I can do for you, just let me know! (I can take you in Chicago and NOT get you lost in the ghetto!)

To the person that did this, you are a freaking psycho! Talk about taking the internet too seriously.... To not be able to separate online world with the real world should be your biggest clue that you need to seek professional help. Seriously. You are the kind of person that Lifetime makes bad movies about to scare people away from the internet. What's even sicker is that you are probably taking joy in the outcome, just like criminals take joy in their sick acts. You don't have the capability to determine right from wrong. This was wrong. To attempt to ruin someone you don't even know's life because they disagreed with you on the 'netis sick sick sick. Really, you NEED to see a professional for this. There are also tons of books that you can read about how to get over pety shit. Please, read them.

Kev, I am so sorry.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

That is just so fucked up!!!
Whoever did that should not only be kicked off the dz.com, (or any dz), but should be sued and then kicked in the nuts, (provided it's a he), by everyone here.
Low life SOB.

Good luck with the new job...sure something kick ass will come along.

ditto..isn't that defamation of character? Shit people sue McD's over hot coffee..:S

To the person that did this, you are a freaking psycho! Talk about taking the internet too seriously.... To not be able to separate online world with the real world . . .tons of books that you can read about how to get over pety shit. Please, read them..

That was glorious.

'He has less value than my dog. At least my dog can hunt and has fewer vermin infesting his hair.'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

When dzcom first started it was awesome. Everyone was nice and friendly. But in the past year or 2 it's become something not so nice and friendly. Sad really.

Yep. I've only been around here for a year, and even I can feel the trend. I find myself not posting a lot because I get tired of people not taking things in the lighthearted spirit I intended.

(lighthearted suggestion for PK deleted)

Note to whomever it may concern: I'm self-employed. If you send something to my employer, I'll just pass it around the office and we'll all get a good laugh.

"Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."

im so sorry to hear this.[:/]
you seems to be a good straight guy and even as i belive(not think:P) that you will keep that line,then stop it now for a sec and just write the name of that person>:(.

My best whishes for you bro.
I hope your unbeliverble fine donation to the tomani victems wont get you in a even badder possition.

To the person who did this. I hope you understand what you have done,please stay away from me....

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Kev, that really blows man and I am sorry you have to deal with this. I have always wanted to meet you as you're definately one of the good guys on this site. This might open up an opportunity to change your name to CaliKev?:P Hop on yo Harley bro and head west. Git your resume in order!

I got yo back and your first beer if you ever head this way. Keep you head up dood!

This might open up an opportunity to change your name to CaliKev?

Or to Texas and become CowboyKev.;)

Or Wisconsin to become...

aahh, never mind, it's too damn cold here. TX or Ca do sound pretty nice right now.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

CheeseyKev?

\

No no.... Cali Kev... c'mon out, you'll love it here!!!

Seriously PK, I wish you the best and hope everything works out to your advantage....
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Sucks and sucks and reminds me there's an awful lot of petty people in this world. Makes me sad for them, actually.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke