PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

I haven't a clue regarding the personalities of the individuals involved and whether either merited/provoked the incident, but REALLY, who the hell posts on the 'net and assumes that what they're doing is somehow divorced from the real world?

It's simple. Posting from work is wrong. Posting something you wouldn't be happy to say to a person's face is wrong. Posting comments liable to wind people up and then being surprised when someone zaps you in the balls is stupid. Assuming that everyone is a good guy simply because you share a common passion lacks credibility. In short, unless you're a big boy and have little to lose, play nice on the 'net.

A written disagreement on the net, no matter how strong, does not, in any way whatsoever, merit an attack on someone that is anything but a reply in writing using the same medium. To advocate any thing else is, in my opinion, in indication of complicity at best, an admission of guilt at worst.
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

To advocate any thing else is, in my opinion, in indication of complicity at best, an admission of guilt at worst.

Hold whatever opinion you wish, Ripple, I care not one iota. However, before espousing opinions on what I've written you may wish to learn to read and understand words first. Nowhere did I advocate such a stance. I merely noted that such a response is not to be unexpected, given the times in which we live.

And - just for the record - should I ever momentarily take leave of my senses and find myself tempted to perform such an act, you wouldn't have to fuss and fluster about 'who done it', for I would leave you in absolutely no doubt that I was the culprit.

There. Does that make it simpler for you?

Hold whatever opinion you wish, Ripple, I care not one iota. However, before espousing opinions on what I've written you may wish to learn to read and understand words first. Nowhere did I advocate such a stance. I merely noted that such a response is not to be unexpected, given the times in which we live.

Actually, I didn't accuse you of advocating anything. Perhaps you are the one who needs to read and understand the written word?

At a time when we are witnessing one of those rare moments in history where different nations come together to work and provide assistance to help the common good, this really makes me wonder.

Whoever this is knows full well what they did is wrong, no matter how justified they were in their minds that it was the right thing to do, and this will live with them forever. That to me is more punishment than i would ever like to receive, and worse than a beat down or simply not having access to this site. I would try not to feel angry for whoever did this, more sadness for them that they could try to ruin another persons livelihood in this way, skydiver or not... [:/]

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Correct, it was your interpretation. I said:

I did not say that you were advocating it, I did not say that you were guilty of the act. I merely stated that to advocate it would be indicative of complicity or guilt, in my opinion.

Again, your interpretation.

I did not say that you were advocating it, I did not say that you were guilty of the act. I merely stated that to advocate it would be indicative of complicity or guilt, in my opinion.

Oh, for god's sake, just admit you meant it. I don't mind, it's not like we're ever going to become best buddies. Are we?:$

but REALLY, who the hell posts on the 'net and assumes that what they're doing is somehow divorced from the real world?

Arguing with someone on the net or in real life is NOT a reason to act fucked up.

PK and I argue more than anyone else on here. I still respect him. I view this along the lines of someone keying a car. Low and chickenshit.

It is shame that people take a grudge to an extreme.

PK: Sorry dude, if you need anything let me know.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

No, I won't admit it. It was your interpretation.

Either you're a complete newbie here and you've written a pretty strange post for a first one, or you're a regular who's using an 'anonymous' nick. Either way I have no idea whatsoever if we're ever going to become best buddies ;)

Arguing with someone on the net or in real life is NOT a reason to act fucked up.

I didn't say it was. I said that when you're talking with people you don't know, it's kinda dumb to assume they're going to react to your comments rationally . Crazy people are everywhere, even - apparently much to the surprise of most on dropzone.com - within this community.

Isn't that the whole point in having a grudge? Normal people simply get over stuff and carry on with their lives.

Ripple and ro.is.cute: Take it to the PMs, this really isn't the place for this arguement, OR start a new thread instead of dicking up PK's thread.

Isn't a case of 'dicking up PK's thread'. Shit, I have everysympathy with the guy, especially if he has a family or partner depending on his income. But most of this thread is about identifying and dumping on the person who did this to PK. PK appears to have pointed a finger. WTF is this? A kangaroo court or a community forum?

Sorry, Dave, but I find even the suggestion of that sort of 'justice' as hard to stomach as I do screwing with someone's employment prospects.

Ok, well obviously YOU would like to remain anonymous, and I don't think it's a coincidence that your name is "ro.is.cute". Because of that, I'm fairly certain that your a regular poster here, and that you're just choosing to troll at one of the worst times possible. So why don't you just give PK a break. >:(

A community forum supporting its community.

He says he was outted, I believe him. Recommending that PK seek legal help and that the person who outted him should be banned is by no means "kangaroo court." Simply that the large majority of people don't want a person who would do such a thing in their community. They want to know who the person is since they probably want to go out of their way to never jump with the person either, due to trust.

You know, even the folks I have the most heated discussions with here on DZ.com I would still buy a beer for and enjoy meeting and come to find out most folks on DZ.com share the same view, but this is so far below and beyond that the community as a whole would rather not have this person here.

Whats nice, though, is that in the past HH has shown a distaste for users doing similar although not as drastic things to other users, banning those folks, so wanting a ban isn't uncalled for, its already been done before due to various "real world" abnormalities.

Post what you want where you want, I'm not a moderator all I can do is ask, please take it to the PMs or start a new thread.

As a side note, IF you're a regular poster trying to stay anon, your IP address is visible to the greenies and HH, even if you have a different IP, if you're on a similar address they know who you are. HH doesn't like it when users grab a new or different username to be anon, or for any reason for that matter.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that the whole point in having a grudge? Normal people simply get over stuff and carry on with their lives.

I don't carry a grudge. But if you read my post it was TAKE IT TO AN EXTREME.

Getting someone fired is an extreme. Hitting them is an extreme, keying their car is an extreme.

Not hanging out with them, not sending christmas cards is not.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I view this along the lines of someone keying a car. Low and chickenshit.

I consider this much worse than keying someone car. This is screwing over someone's life and personal matters, not just material things.

Whoever did this needs a fucking shotgun to their head. They are an absolute waste of life.
This ad space for sale.