PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

That is just so fucked up!!!
Whoever did that should not only be kicked off the dz.com, (or any dz), but should be sued and then kicked in the nuts, (provided it's a he), by everyone here.
Low life SOB.

Good luck with the new job...sure something kick ass will come along.
...drags me down like some sweet gravity!!!

If only someone had the money to start a website where we could all post and keep the trolls out....

HH started this one.. and has done a good job of trying to police the trolls, but you can only do so much.

I have to also agree with Wendy, the site just got a bit less attractive to me since the news of PK's personal tradjedy due to some fuktard on these forums. I just look at DZ.com way differently now. I knew there was a darkside to these forums where people got stalked and attacked via PMs sometimes even in posts. But to take it to the next level and total devistate someones livelyhood is just insane!!

R.I.P Dz.com the innocent little skydiver playground... you've now grown up to become a mine field of personal destruction at the hands of the few assnuggets who cannot handle personal rejection or getting told off on a forum. May you find your fun place again.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Some people just dont know when they are taking things too far. I recently saw a huge uprival on another forum I frequent and saw 70% of its members jump ship and create a totally new forum because of things like this.

When dzcom first started it was awesome. Everyone was nice and friendly. But in the past year or 2 it's become something not so nice and friendly. Sad really.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Someone on this site...I'm sure you can guess who, sent a letter to my boss claiming all kinds of stuff about me posting controversial information on the internet and associating it with my company and our clients along with links to my posts here.

Be careful, there are lots of whack jobs on the internet. Fortunately I got a nice severance to find a new job.

Fucked up. Cya.

PM me and let me know who it is that did that.

Not that I would do anything mind you, but karma has a way of removing chances of sponsorships and making sure that invitations to record attempts get a little scarce. ;)

I would like to think that what gets said here would remain here. I guess it's just another of life's little dissapointments to learn that's not the case.

Lets cut off his balls!

Movie = Animal.... I think

Sorry PK for what happened. That sucks^28
(for those not familiar with math that is the equivalent of sucks times sucks 28 times)

I will gladly be part of the angry lynch mob.

Let's not feed the trolls. From his first post:

argumentative, kind to kittens , sometime usenet troll

And later on in the same thread:

I was hoping to be the persona non grata of dropzone.com.

So? I like to tell the unvarnished truth about myself. It's a legitimate head-fcuk tactic.

If I was trolling you on this subject I wouldn't deny it, I'm not, so I do.

Trolls can have real opinions too you know, and no less honestly held than your own. And chasing wildly around looking for scapegoats is one thing that pisses me off. Part of my heritage from usenet, you understand.

Don't worry, when (if) we ever get to know each other you'll find my trolls much more amusing than this. Hell, this was so out of character that I think I need to lie down and relax for a mo'.

Later, babes.

Really. I can't imagine anyone having SO many friends that they can just afford to go and alienate an entire community, not to mention all the other communities we're all individually attached to.

Think about it: NO ONE here is going to agree with or support what DZ's enemy #1 has just done, and when this person's name gets out - which it will I hope - they're going to find out the hard way what a small world it is.

All it takes is for one of us to hear that person mentioned in any other setting, professional or personal, and they're black-balled.

"Yeah, we just hired this new person, XYZ" "Oh, well, then I should warn you to watch your back because you can't trust XYZ"
"Hey everyone, this is my friend, XYZ - say hello!" "Oh, XYZ, huh? The same XYZ who got a guy fired over a chat room spat?"

You see where I'm going with this...

First though, do we know for sure it was a member, and not a lurking troublemaker?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

First though, do we know for sure it was a member, and not a lurking troublemaker?

Lets stop the witch hunt.

If PK wants to out the person, let him. If the culprit wants to do it him/herself, let them.

As someone has already said, the fact that PK hasnt spoken alot to what is plans are perhaps.
Remster

What a sad little person this must be.

When I was an extra, we had a lot of free time. 3 hours a day generally. The stars had their own trailers and stayed in them if they weren't on the set.

One star would come out and sit in the food-service area with everyone else, but sit by himself in the middle of the room. One day, an extra asked if he would autograph a picture. He did.

Less than 10 minutes later, the crew leader comes up and says, "Don't bother the stars. If it happens again, we are letting you all go." :o

I lost a lot of respect for that guy. I really don't care what his rationalization was, I still think he was a dick. Extras made $70 a day and this guy was messing with their jobs.

Whatever issues you have with a person, you tell them, you don't mess up their lives. Wish I knew who it was so that I could avoid them.

Lets stop the witch hunt.

That's sort of what I meant by that. I would hate to see others assume a particular DZ.commer was at fault simply based on arguments in SC or something, when it could be someone none of us has heard of. I'm sure PK will handle this in a very sensible and appropriate way. Point totally taken - I'm just outraged. B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

1) Remove all personal info from your profile that you wouldn't want used against you in any way.

I don't see the point in being Agent Secret by being invulnerable. If someone wants to use my information to do me harm then they'll find it one way or another. Too bad for me, but that's just a huge chunk of their soul that they've lost forever.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

This makes me Fucking Angry!>:(

the pettyness of individuals never ceases to amaze me.

Karma will prevail.

I don't know what else to say Kevin. I wish there was something I could do.[:/]

But as was said earlier - This too shall pass.

There has to be a silver lining - Somewhere.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

This is actually really complex and touchy from a lot of angles. I have not read every single post, because I am at work, a bit of irony.

This is actually a huge up and coming issue for this decade: the definition of work, Intel. Prop., etc. Work is becoming an activity, not a place. Employers will be measure, by whether they share time at their location with the same generousity with which you share time offsite. It is just time I suppose that it is coming home to dropzone. People have gotten FBI visits within 24 hours based on posts in other forums on the net, so don't assume that content cannot be noticed.

For this reason, it gets VERY VERY sticky for forum moderators and owners. The MUST for personal liability disclaim ownership of the actions in a forum. Because, if they do not...for example if they get to involved with a case of abuse. The next one that gets by without action will warrant liability to the forum owner. Now that is a summarized version, but this battle is being fought by ISPs and forums owners everywhere right now, who are desperately trying to maintain status as a conduit, so they do become liable for copyright, indecency, etc.

For those reasons, I am sure HH is evaluating options. And for anyone involved, including mods and definitely PhillyKev, silence is the best policy right now. Why would you argue about it, at the scene of the crime?

Best of luck to PhillyKev, there will be more cases like this. Our generation will be judged by who we handle incomplete information that is assumed to be impartial.

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
George Orwell
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

PK,

I've never met you, but this is really F'ed up! It's not even right that someone had the nerve to do this to you, or any other skydiver (or any other person for that matter). This is so ridiculous that someone actually did something so low, and outrageous as this. I seriouslly hope that you find the jerk that did this, and he gets what he deserves. I know I don't post much anymore (mostly because I lost my connection at home, and I don't use it very often at work), but this is so awful! I really hope that everything will work out for you. Things always do work out, just remember that, and just try to be strong and look on the bright side of things. This is really messed up, and to the person who had the indecentcy of doing this... I hope that YOU get what's coming to you as well!

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Dude I can’t believe what I am reading.
I think I was hopping at the end of the thread some one would say it’s a joke.
I say we out who ever did this and deal with him/her.
I hate punk bitches and this was a punk bitch thing to do.
Just fucking low really low.>:(
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

PK - that is totally screwed up because I didn't think the people on dz.com would do that but I KNOW someone from rec.dot will because they did it to me, but fortunatly I was able to keep my job.

Hang in there PK!
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.