PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

yes they would. that kind of corp sabatoge happens everyday... proof is required before action is taken.. i might be suspended while the investigation took place, but i certainly wouldnt be fired outright on simple allegations, particularly those made by an anomous source.. In fact our HR policy has specific provisions for such instances...

If the company is operating so 'on the edge' that ALLEGATIONS against an employee are grounds for dismissal, that company likely doesnt have a very long life span to begin with.. the tactics you are describing are FAR to easy to implement and abuse. any company that bows like that needs to reevaluate their business plan and commitment.

They would have had to make shit up which they didn't....but WTF he didn't make shit up...

How do you know this? How do you know that the offender is a he? Calling the poster's manhood into question is getting disproportionally freaky. Maybe you just need a nap.

Someone on this site...I'm sure you can guess who, sent a letter to my boss claiming all kinds of stuff about me posting controversial information on the internet and associating it with my company and our clients along with links to my posts here.

Be careful, there are lots of whack jobs on the internet. Fortunately I got a nice severance to find a new job.

Fucked up. Cya.

Sorry about the job loss, PhillyKev.

Did you work for a firm who have clients or share holders who are pro-Israeli? This sort of retaliation is typical in financial firms, in the University system, and particularly in the publishing industry.
Quick Search

Someone on this site...

There are some seriously deranged people out there. And I do mean SERIOUSLY...

This brings to mind something someone said yonks ago when the internet came to Australia once a week on mag tape - before HTML and therefore the WWW was invented. It was said of USENET (news groups) "If you don't want it on the front page of tomorrows newspaper and if you don't want it used against you then DO NOT post it to USENET or put it in e-mail" I'm probably wrong but I have a vague notion it was said by Eric Allman of sendmail fame.

Whoever said it, it was damn good advice then and it's better advice now.

Ooroo
Mark F....

Did you work for a firm who have clients or share holders who are pro-Israeli?

Why would this make a difference?

That seems a touch anti-semetic. However, financial services firms ARE very skiddish about their image. I've spent most of my whole career in tax, insurance and healthcare. By far financial services companeis are the most phychotic of them all about how they are portrayed to the public.

Luckily there are other firms (HMO, hospital networks, legal, etc) who don't give a damn because they have staying power.

However, financial services firms ARE very skiddish about their image.

skiddish...or yiddish? :|

Kind of a blanket statement with questionable undertones.

Jim cosby did a routine on Johnny Carson or something ir was built around rather than poke fun at any specific group he just used the generic term. "Ethnic minority" .

The concept was very funny and pre PC.:D

R.I.P.

From what I hear, his company treated him very well and very fairly ... They decided it best to disassociate with him, even though he was not at fault. While he worked there they treated him 10 times better than any company has ever treated an employee. And they treated him 1000 times better than any company ever treated an employee that they let go.

What a crock.

Any company that gets rid of an employee when there is no evidence of wrong doing can hardly be described as treating them well, let alone a thousand times better than other employers.

If an employee does something wrong, or associates with someone that does something wrong then fair enough, but to get rid of them when there is no evidence of wrong-doing is selfish cowardly shit.

Dont like someone? Send a load of lies to their company and bank on their employer consisting of the kind of spineless turds that will get rid of them rather than defend what is right.

A truely decent employer should have satisfied themselves that PK was cool and stuck by the guy.

One nice thing about the rain...you get to read more than I normally would. :|And then the downside is you read about something so terribly wrong in the universe.:(

Sorry to hear that anyone's life can be manipulated with a few words. PK has made 13,301 posts since 2001. And "just now" someone decides to cross reference his professional life with his internet world. Timing sucks!

We don't have "all" the facts...by any means. What DZ'ers do have is this feeling of being invaded for who we are when we talk here. One thing about people who aren't honest and upfront.... time tells all. Some call it Karma, others call it just desserts. But in my experience what comes around goes around. I see people who suffer horribly. Today I realize perhaps there are reasons for it. Reasons I don't have at the time.

I appreciate the FYI from PK. :)
It pays to learn from others mistakes. Hopefully my nursing career will not follow the same path.

Best of Luck to you PK!!! ;)
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

Given that you state with conviction that the person[sic] who did this to PhillyKev did nothing slanderous in nature, one would naturally assume that you had actually read the letter in question. Have you read the letter in question? If not, how can you defend your hypothesis?

I noticed those same things, Anvil.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Well, that sucks, Rhino! I hope you can find another, better job soon!

Losing the income sucks.. Losing the worst job I have ever had in my life is a relief... If that makes any sense...

I'm going into 100% sales... It's what I am good at.. :)