PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

Yea I hope you log accesses to user profiles. There can't be many who've clicked on PhillyKev's recently, that should narrow the field.

P.S. and gone trawling through historical posting logs, that should leave a nice trail of unusual access patterns on their account. I hope the jerk is reading this and losing sleep.

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.>:(

Kev, best of luck with your new job search. If you need anything or just want to talk, let me know.

The skydiving community is small. I hope this bastard learns a hard lesson.

Peace brother,
Chris

Same here, for the first time in over 4 years, I've taken a LOT of shit out of my profile...not that it's not hard to find people's info on the 'net, but atleast now someone has to go looking a slightly bit more.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Who fired you, dunno where you worked but it would be nice if their actions reflected accurately on them rather than their bullshit claim of your opinions based on an informant they are shielding.

I don't know what's more astonishing really, that they did this or that they actually think it is the path of least resistance. There could be a lot of negative publicity over this from all political persuasions. It's the sort of thing that can make a national headline, fired for posting political opinions online.

Unbelieveable. I'm speechless. The pettiness of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Thankfully, from what I can guess of what little I know you, it'll only be a hiccup, not really a setback. You'll be right back in there in no time. You'll leave this pathetic incident behind and forget about it, and whoever it was will have their pathetic meager existence to live with afterwards. Godspeed.
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
--Dave Barry

>Come on Guys! Whats up?

Don't confuse lack of posting with inaction.

Im curious, what could a moderator or HH do? How could they track someone who simply copied and pasted links into an external email and sent them off?

If they can actually prove who did this i think it should be made public. But can it actually be proven?

btw - this sucks, good luck dude

Daymmm, Hope you know who, Look at it like this you got a little time to take a trip some place and jump your ass off. So much going on in the South East,
Here's an invite, why don't you come down and jump.
5 loafs of bread ain't worth it anywayB|bring your shades. E

>Come on Guys! Whats up?

Don't confuse lack of posting with inaction.

Im curious, what could a moderator or HH do? How could they track someone who simply copied and pasted links into an external email and sent them off?

If they can actually prove who did this i think it should be made public. But can it actually be proven?

btw - this sucks, good luck dude

Access logs, by account and IP address. If they log enough details they should be able to see a pattern of access for a single account and/or IP address that runs right back to the poisoned pen.

I know DZ.com logs some of this stuff in great detail, ever seen "who's online"? It tells you exactly where the member is on ths site and what they're doing. Whether they store it is another matter. They may be writing SQL scripts right now to figure this out. Here's hoping.

Again, I'm no techie (and in fact rather computer illiterate), but I bet that every one of my actions can be seen by those behind the scenes, or at least by HH and the programming team (if there is one.). What I read, what I post or start to post and then delete, what I delete, and so on.

I bet they can determine who searched who, what was clicked over, when the searches were done, and all that jazz.

If there are only several people who searched PK's posts during the time frame indicated by the letter (or a reasonable extrapolation thereof), then the issue can be narrowly defined. Who searched and linked might be able to be determined, and those would be very few indeed (from what I can tell). The ISP would be compared to the "usual suspects" (if there are such things...), and it could be determined that way.

Like I said, I dunno. I could be totally offbase, but I think that's what happens.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I think you're on to something here, Michele. I'm not ass-kissing here, but I believe HH and the Mods are extremely intelligent and will have no problem identifying the culprit.

Of course PK may already have the proof and notified HH and/or the Mods.

Chris

I'll bet there will be a lot fewer people that will be posting from work now.

Large corporate HR departments can use inappropriate internet usage against you, no doubt about it. All they need is some co-worker who is pissed off about someone else, who in their eyes is goofing off to much to go rat on you.

Surf carefully.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

That is sick. I mean holy fucking shit that is the most juvenile, petty, puerile, asinine, and malicious thing I've heard of in a long, long time.

My condolences. May the fleas of a 1000 camels infest the crotch of whoever did this vile and evil act. He's just as low as the ass-wipe that ripped off DaGimp. Worse, actually, because he's a DZ.com'er.

A thought - could any of your co-workers have possibly done this to you and signed it as a dz.com'er? Perhaps it's just conjecture on my part but the betrayal I'd feel from a co-worker stabbing me in the back would be far less than that I would feel should a fellow skydiver doing so.

Sick. Didn't this happen to someone else recently? Personal info posted here used against them in some manner?
>:(
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Again, I'm no techie (and in fact rather computer illiterate), but I bet that every one of my actions can be seen by those behind the scenes, or at least by HH and the programming team (if there is one.). What I read, what I post or start to post and then delete, what I delete, and so on.

Knowing what I know of fourm software and DB's in general the only things that they are able to read are things that you actually click "Post Reply" to. Thats the only time things are entered into a SQL table and then are loggable. Tracking current user movement can be done, and it is... but how much of it is logged is up to HH. Most likely a lot of the day to day clicking is not logged due to no real purpose for it.

Kev, as always... if you road trip you've always got a couch to crash on here. I'll even treat for sushi and sake :)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Knowing what I know of fourm software and DB's in general the only things that they are able to read are things that you actually click "Post Reply" to. Thats the only time things are entered into a SQL table and then are loggable. Tracking current user movement can be done, and it is... but how much of it is logged is up to HH. Most likely a lot of the day to day clicking is not logged due to no real purpose for it.

Kev, as always... if you road trip you've always got a couch to crash on here. I'll even treat for sushi and sake :)

Well clicks to historical posts and searches on a specific member's posts may be in there, as you say it depends entirely on what's logged.

Tracking current user movement can be done, and it is... but how much of it is logged is up to HH.

Depending on how detailed anyone cares to get, there are also web server and application/application server logs. There's plenty of information available, the question is how much does anyone care to gather.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Sick. Didn't this happen to someone else recently? Personal info posted here used against them in some manner?
>:(

I was thinking the same thing. I think it was CanuckinUSA if I remember correctly. Not to the same extent but still on the same level as this asshat (new to my vocab. thanks to dz.com, specifically AggieDave).

Actually it has nothing to do with that in my opinion

Two words: "Personal Attack"

I also agree with this point but still wouldn't trust this person in the air or even to wipe my ass.[:/]

Don't know you PK but like others I wish you the best of luck.

Same here, for the first time in over 4 years, I've taken a LOT of shit out of my profile...not that it's not hard to find people's info on the 'net, but atleast now someone has to go looking a slightly bit more.

Hey me too...:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I was thinking the same thing. I think it was CanuckinUSA if I remember correctly.

Yes it was me who suffered a similar fate as PK. If I can offer some advise:

1) Remove all personal info from your profile that you wouldn't want used against you in any way.

2) Do your job first and surf/post on DZ.COM second while at work.

3) Trust no one online. Yes good friendships can be made online, but there are still some pretty fucked up people out there who may not give it a second thought once they've decided to do you harm.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

PK

Very bad shit.>:(

Don't know who would win in court except it will take a long time and someones lawyer will win>:(

My guess the person who ratted you out was your true love from hell.:S She's still wants you back:)

I changed my profile a couple of month's ago after I started getting some bad vibes.:| Botswana is a nice place:)

R.I.P.

One more voice in the chorus of support. You've probably consulted counsel by now. Hope there is something feasible to pursue.

Perhaps a lesson is coming for the conniving little coward that did this.

A competent attorney in the relevant jurisdiction(s) should be consulted first, but off the cuff as a matter of principle, it seems that once you are sure of the circumstances regarding the vile communication to your employer - if it was indeed a Dz.comer, there should be no legal prohibition from you exposing the facts including the name, location, employer, etc. of the punk that sabotaged your employment. (If that suits your purposes & HH concurs)

Telling the truth should certainly be perfectly appropriate in this situation - seems absurd that a person viciously interferring with another's professional life for petty reasons could maintain a claim to a right to privacy for himself.

On a positive note: you always seemed like a well meaning, good natured guy and recently proved it with the fund raising effort you intiated and donated to so generously. There is always opportunity waiting for good, talented people; you even have all the consevative bible thumpers here praying for you - you can' t go wrong.