PhillyKev

Lost my job...thanks for the memories.

Holy shit, PK.... I cannot believe someone would stoop so low to get someone fired over bullshit that could happen here.... I remember when something similar happened to Canuck.. Fucking BULLSHIT!!

Any chance you got to see the letter? Do you know for a fact who it was?

Just meant as a math expression.. you know, 2^3 is 8.... As in to a much higher level....

Dude, you should know by now I hate math.

And no, you're not stupid Ron, maybe a little slow apparently

Ever seen me turn points?;)

So whats the protocol about a greenie doing a PA anyway?;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Rosa, sweetie, I didn't mean it was you. I meant it was someone around enough to know things about our community . . . like the fact that you're cute. ;)

Oh, you really, really scared me. I'm sorry Kelly. I am so embarrassed. :$

Yes, I am a little scared, but I assumed that what that person wrote in the first post (the name roger) was the truth. I'm so naive. B|

Someone on this site...I'm sure you can guess who, sent a letter to my boss claiming all kinds of stuff about me posting controversial information on the internet and associating it with my company and our clients along with links to my posts here.

Be careful, there are lots of whack jobs on the internet. Fortunately I got a nice severance to find a new job.

Fucked up. Cya.

Dude, that IS fucked up. As trivial as a post is in the internet you have my sympathies too.

Ripple and ro.is.cute: Take it to the PMs, this really isn't the place for this arguement, OR start a new thread instead of dicking up PK's thread.

Isn't a case of 'dicking up PK's thread'. Shit, I have everysympathy with the guy, especially if he has a family or partner depending on his income. But most of this thread is about identifying and dumping on the person who did this to PK. PK appears to have pointed a finger. WTF is this? A kangaroo court or a community forum?

Sorry, Dave, but I find even the suggestion of that sort of 'justice' as hard to stomach as I do screwing with someone's employment prospects.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with posts directed at an anonymous guilty party. Accusations that it was a specific poster are unfortunate but let's separate the two issues. The scum who did this should be banned when they're uncovered. Accusing someone without evidence is no better than the original act but understandable until things calm down, even this hasn't actually happened, someone has merely said they think they can guess who it is in the heat of the moment.

I don't think you realize the magnitude of the injustice or the psychological effect of a successful anonymous attack like this. This guy lost his job because some anonymous asshole wrote a poisoned pen letter. He's left wondering who it is and having to suffer the injustice with no closure or knowledge of who did this to him.

NOBODY has advocated banning any specific individual without evidence.

But most of this thread is about identifying and dumping on the person who did this to PK.

I personally don't have a problem with it. There is something rightous about outing a whackjob like that.

I second that. One thing I like about dz.com, esp SC, is we can have relatively intelligent, and very controversial discussions, without the random crap was internet discussion sites have. I know I've said a few controversial things, and I know I've said a few other things that wouldn't exactly help my job at all.

I do realize that all of this is online and it could all be dug up, BUT, for someone to go out of their way to ruin somebody else's career because of different opinions is not only off-base, but liable for getting the shit kicked out of them. I definitely don't want to have any kind of association with a cowardly shitbag like that.

Given what has happened, I, too, have pulled all of my personal info out my profile.
This ad space for sale.

What "controversial information" about your company and clients did you say if any at all? If you even remember[:/] I too was screwed by someone at work over the internet. The bad thing is that we dont even have internet acess at work. What I posted was my feelings about nameless people after a certian election in a personal AOL IM profile at the comfort of my HOME. It got me time off from work. >:(

I personally don't have a problem with it. There is something rightous about outing a whackjob like that.

Yunno, from where I sit as a newbie it's becoming increasingly difficult to determine who the crazies really are. The loons who snitch on their fellow skydivers, or the posse of wide-eyed vigilantes running round like headless chickens searching for the Judas amongst themselves.

Y'all look kinda weird...

Yunno, from where I sit as a newbie it's becoming increasingly difficult to determine who the crazies really are. The loons who snitch on their fellow skydivers, or the posse of wide-eyed vigilantes running round like headless chickens searching for the Judas amongst themselves.

Y'all look kinda weird...

we're all crazy. who in their right mind jumps out of airplanes?
This ad space for sale.

Y'all look kinda weird...[/repy]

Go make a jump....

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I have a great website for you to visit. It's called "rec.skydiving". Might give you a bit of perspective. ;)

Kell hun, that's a news group.. I agree though, go chat with those nice people. :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Let's not feed the trolls. From his first post:

argumentative, kind to kittens , sometime usenet troll

And later on in the same thread:

I was hoping to be the persona non grata of dropzone.com.

We all got buttons; some people love to push them.

What happened to PK sucks. And reminds me, in a different form, of the beginning of the end of rec.skydiving, where people who are more interested in "making an impact" than on being in the community do whatever they want to.

Some call that being honest (and it is a form of honesty). But, well, those who liked the community are all screwed then. Sucks for them, huh.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I've been shaking my head in amazement
since I first read PK's post yesterday...[:/]

HOW could someone do that?

WHO could be so sick as to pursue a vendetta
of such magnitude against anyone because
of cyber disagreements?

WHY would they take the time out of their lives
to even think about this type of action...?
Much less follow through!

Part of me actually feels more sorry for
the person that did this than I do for Kev.

The person that would do it is sick,
they have real social problems and need
professional care and attention.

PK on the other hand,
seems to be the kind of guy that just
makes omelets out of the eggs
thrown at him.B|

To mess with a persons livelihood is one of
the greatest offences one can commit
in my opinion.
It is an attempt to remove from them some
of the basic ingrained needs for survival...
food & shelter.

In cave man days...
you would get your head bashed in for taking
food away from someone.
In the wild west...
Steal a mans horse, his means of working,
and they would hang you.
Even today...
"Scabs" are physically assaulted and even
killed because of trying to take a
'union man's' means of providing.

It's kind of a basic rule of society that
'most' everyone knows without a
second thought.

That's why someone doing this to a member
of their community...
OUR community, is truly not wired right.:S

There are several methods of dealing with a
person that would endeavor to harm one of us...

Criminal...Civil...and JUSTICE!

Since Kev is remaining noticeably quite as to his
intentions and course of action...
I have to conclude that he's keeping his cards
'close to the vest'
as I would expect, and that the storm is building.

I'm sure that facts will come to light on this...:)

For my part~
I intend to assist PK with the "Justice"
part of the equation,
in that when it's known without
speculation...just WHO broke the rules~

I'll help ostracize that idiot from the 'community'.

Something we ALL should help do because
there IS price to be paid for maliciously hurting
one of US!

~Revenge is a dish best served cold!

Whoever you are...

I hope your real hungry 'cause we're ALL
"setting the table"...!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Brother, I am SPEECHLESS. I really am at a loss to understand the vindictiveness of someone who would do something like that.

I am terribly sorry to hear about what happened (and more than a little disgusted), and I wish you the best of luck in the future.
"I gargle no man's balls..." ussfpa on SOCNET

I dont post alot on here but I read alot of what you guys have to say. Even though im a newbie to this forum I am a seasoned veteran on other forums and have seen this happen before. Its a shame that we cant express ourselves freely and openly without the fear of something like this happening.

Some people just dont know when they are taking things too far. I recently saw a huge uprival on another forum I frequent and saw 70% of its members jump ship and create a totally new forum because of things like this.

I dont know you PK but im sorry you had to go through this. What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.