Squeak

What percetage of take home pay do you spend to fill you cars tank

Or gallavanting around the country skydiving for that matter.
Funny how some of us seem to take off on a whirlwind jump tour when we suddenly find ourselves unemployed or underemployed.
Damn was that fun when I did that!
;)

If they'd given me a little more warning or a little more severance ... maybe. But unfortunately "today's your last day and here's your two weeks severance 'package' nice working with you" does not make for lots of freedom to gallavant. :S[:/] But maybe once I have the next gig lined up I'll have to conveniently delay the start date. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Depends on the week.

not directed at anyone in particular

Some of you people are seriously dim:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Well, I don't drive on some weeks. Do I get to pick the week?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Why are so many people having trouble with this concept?

Say it costs you $45.00 to completely fill your empty tank.

And one weeks' pay, after taxes, comes to $400.00.

45/400= 0.1125, or 11.25%.

Makes no difference how often you fill it. The question isn't what is the percentage you spend on gas a week, it's what's the percentage you spend to fill a tank. The 'week' aspect is what percentage of a week's pay.....if that varies week to week, average out.

Really, the only variable is whether or not you like waffles. :P

It's about 2.4%, but I spend more to live close to work + entertainment and only have to buy a tank of gas every three weeks so I'm spending only .8% of my take home pay on gas.

That's probably a more reasonable metric, since people living in areas with low population densities are going to be filling up their tanks much more often.

No, no, no, bytch, you haven't been paying attention. Squeak's already told us he doesn't care about any of our actual driving habits, nor whether we actually fill a tank once a day, once a week, once a month, or once a year. :D The only thing that matters is HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE AND HOW MUCH YOU SPEND TO FILL YOUR TANK.

We're all quite dim, you see.

You really are showing your ignorance, I have never at any stage asked how much money you make.

i asked that you indicate on the poll the percentage of your take home weekly wage/salary that you pay for one whole tank of fuel. and then state what country you are in.

The size of the tank the usage of the tank the amount of times you fil up DO NOT concern me. It's merely a measure of the cost of ONE WHOLE tank of Fuel as it compares to a weekly income.
There are a whole bunch of over analytical idiots on here and some not so over analytical ones:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Do lawn mowers count as gas?

I'd have to think about this. I mean, some days we drive to work. Other days we drive both ways. But if we go downhill, then we'd use gas.

I guess I'd say I honk my car horn about twice each week.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Nope. Nor does it matter if you drive around lost for hours cuz you won't stop and ask for directions. :P

what about my tire pressure? If one is low it surely changes the percentage value, no?

All these variables...
My photos

My Videos

You really are showing your ignorance, I have never at any stage asked how much money you make.

There are a whole bunch of over analytical idiots on here and some not so over analytical ones
---------------------------------------------

that's what happens when you post a serious question in the "BONFIRE" :ph34r::S:D

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

There are a whole bunch of over analytical idiots on here and some not so over analytical ones
---------------------------------------------

that's what happens when you post a serious question in the "BONFIRE" :ph34r::S:D

But he posted a very serious question that REQUIRES an answer.
My photos

My Videos

Both me and my wife walk to work. It's good exercise, and it keeps the gas bill low.

The nutshell is that we pay far less than 5% of our salary for gas. We just don't drive that much. During the winter we'll sometimes go more than a month without a fill-up. In the summer, even with driving out to the DZ each weekend, we still don't need gas every week.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

people who drive alone in their monstrous empty SUVs for the most part are compensating.

In your opinion, what is it I'm compensating for?

fuel efficient cars are a win win

for his fuel efficient car is how i read it
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I do not have a car.

But I spend 10% of my pay per month on train tickets.
(a contribution just as valuable and relevant to the poll as most of the others in this thread. Poor, poor Squeek :D)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

people who drive alone in their monstrous empty SUVs for the most part are compensating.

In your opinion, what is it I'm compensating for?

I'd say your unwillingness to hitchhike. Or to buy another car just for the hell of it.

Doesn't everyone own 7 different cars in order to optimize the tradeoff between load carrying capacity and fuel usage?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I do not have a car.

But I spend 10% of my pay per month on train tickets.
(a contribution just as valuable and relevant to the poll as most of the others in this thread. Poor, poor Squeek :D)

it's EA not EE, illiterate one:P
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?