Squeak

What percetage of take home pay do you spend to fill you cars tank

OK, so I got serious and answered your poll

America, Columbia, South Carolina

- 4% if you only consider the fuel I use for personal use
- 9% if you count all uses, including business uses that I get reimbursed for

what you may have meant to ask was: how much do you spend per week for personal consumption on fuel, as a percentage of take home pay over the same period?
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I don't make the same amount every week. One week it might be 11% and another 2%.

Your poll doesn't work for everyone.

I got what you were saying.

Nor does it work for those of us who currently have no take-home pay.;) When I did, though, the math worked out to the first option even though I don't fill my tank anything close to weekly (oh, wait, that's not what that poll is about, right).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I don't make the same amount every week. One week it might be 11% and another 2%.

Your poll doesn't work for everyone.

Well it does if you know how to AVERAGE:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Depends on the week.

not directed at anyone in particular

Some of you people are seriously dim:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

This is an excellent poll, Squeak.

I like petting soft animals. And if I wait long enough I they'll turn into fossil fuel and I can put them in my tank. But by then I think I'd have a car with a smaller tank.
My photos

My Videos

Not even close to what it's about

So what is it about, given that you've got three* variables driving a single value (take-home pay, size of tank, and price per unit of gas)? What do you want to learn about your fellow dz.commers?

*four if you include grade/type of gas, but I'll keep this simple.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Not even close to what it's about

So what is it about, given that you've got three variables driving a single value (take-home pay, size of tank, and price per unit of gas)? What do you want to learn about your fellow dz.commers?

Try reading the opening sentence

The point of the poll is to determine the percentage cost of ONE tank of fuel compared to ONE weeks NETT pay

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

given that you've got three* variables driving a single value (take-home pay, size of tank, and price per unit of gas)

Five. The number of miles driven in a week and the average gas mileage of the vehicle driven will also affect how much money someone spends on gas.

Six if you include grade/type of gas.

Personally, I spend 0% of my take home to fill my car's tank. Mainly because I have neither take home pay or a car....

Sorry, Squeak, I'll make my question a little more obvious.

Why?

what does it matter, it would seem to be above the ability of a few people here anyways:D:D

I'm off to bed, it will make for interesting if not educational reading in the am
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No, no, no, bytch, you haven't been paying attention. Squeak's already told us he doesn't care about any of our actual driving habits, nor whether we actually fill a tank once a day, once a week, once a month, or once a year. :D The only thing that matters is HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE AND HOW MUCH YOU SPEND TO FILL YOUR TANK.

We're all quite dim, you see.

Isn't it illegal to make money?
Also, according to the signs at some gas stations "filling up" is bad for the environment...they say I shouldn't completely fill up or "top off"...does this affect the cost or the percentage?
Why do we Americans refer to a liquid as a "gas" anyway???
Night Squeak.
:D:D:D

Isn't it illegal to make money?

Well, then, I guess it's a good thing I got laid off! No one can come after me now!

Then again if I still had a job I probably wouldn't have spent so much time on this thread. :D

and here I am trying to help keep bandwidth and my LIMIT down before I have to:S so i go back to my orig replay and give it a good edit but biffed the bandwidth savings, but MAN I tell ya there are some really dim people out here;)B|:ph34r::ph34r:

i see that my spelling hasn't gained much over the last hour! HOWEVER i will not place blame on my keyboard for my lack of prooooofreading:P;)