Squeak

What percetage of take home pay do you spend to fill you cars tank

people who drive alone in their monstrous empty SUVs for the most part are compensating

I'm glad you qualified it with "empty." We've got a small SUV that was actually very helpful with 4-wheel drive this weekend - and was loaded full, too.

Oh: and typically less than 5%. I haven't had to put gas in my car in two weeks. I likely won't need to for another week. I work four miles from home. Sometimes when I have a heavy court schedule I will need to fill up after a week. But it still doesn't use much money.

Incidentally, we're getting a newer office even closer to home. The savings in fuel actually played a part in our analysis.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Ecksyousay moi oh Great One :)
I was trying to sympathise with you, but I'm starting to understand why noone else does

:P

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Live in the good 'ol USA - Illinois - Spend about 7 % of my take-home pay.

Gas around here currently runs about $3.00 to $3.15 a gallon. About $50.00 for a full tank in my Tacoma. I usually fill up once a week in the winter, and try to ride the motorcycle as often as possible in the summertime.

Easy Does It

Ecksyousay moi oh Great One :)
I was trying to sympathise with you, but I'm starting to understand why noone else does

:P

Sympathy is for pussies:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Why are so many people having trouble with this concept?

Say it costs you $45.00 to completely fill your empty tank.

And one weeks' pay, after taxes, comes to $400.00.

45/400= 0.1125, or 11.25%.

But I get paid every 15 days so that doesn't really apply to me.

Makes no difference how often you fill it. The question isn't what is the percentage you spend on gas a week, it's what's the percentage you spend to fill a tank. The 'week' aspect is what percentage of a week's pay.....if that varies week to week, average out.

Really, the only variable is whether or not you like waffles. :P

"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I do not have a car.

But I spend 10% of my pay per month on train tickets.
(a contribution just as valuable and relevant to the poll as most of the others in this thread. Poor, poor Squeek :D)

it's EA not EE, illiterate one:P

ROFL!! Oh, no, you are NOT correcting someone's spelling are you Squeak?!!
:D:D Too rich......

But I am beginning to understand why you keep saying people are idiots.....:D:D

Less than 1% for me...I have a VW Beetle Diesel.. in town 43 MPG... so a tank of fuel lasts 2 weeks for me. My commute is 23 miles each way.

I think my last fillup was $3.46/ Gallon of Bio-D

USA.. Washington State.. and burning Bio-Diesel.

Pussy eat da mice....

Maar veel geluk verder met je enquete. Van mij heb je geen last meer :)

The online Dutch to English translator gave me this:

"But much luck further with your enquete (survey?). Of me have you no more charge", which I think means, "You're on your own now, asshole."

:D:D:D

Close.

"I won't bother you anymore."

(For real now - I'll stop hijacking)

it's ok hijack away the results are virtually pointless given the amount of people who missed the point completely (from the USA by the looks of it):D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Maybe it would help you if you started another poll that stated something like what was the percentage of your average weekly pay for the last year to put fuel in your vehicle? That would address a lot of the issues that have been raised and allow a greater population to participate like myself, as I am one of the 34,600,858 (11.4%) of the American population that does not have a consistent weekly paycheck as a business owner. Hope this helps.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Maybe it would help you if you started another poll that stated something like what was the percentage of your average weekly pay for the last year to put fuel in your vehicle? That would address a lot of the issues that have been raised and allow a greater population to participate like myself, as I am one of the 34,600,858 (11.4%) of the American population that does not have a consistent weekly paycheck as a business owner. Hope this helps.

you are clever enough to be able to work a A weekly income number for yourself Mike.
It's not the weekly pay that the colective were having problems with:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?