lazyfrog

which canopy do u use ?

Alpha 94 and Viper 105. The Alpha can be unhappy sometimes - I don't jump that with my still camera very often.

Viper/Alpha opening get better and better as the control lines shrink. My old Viper opening are amazing now with 600 or so jumps on the lines. The Alpha keeps getting better with 200 now. The control lines are around 10 inches shorter than spec on the Viper.

They were right, the openings were acceptable if you weren't jumping 2 top-mounted cameras and you didn't mind getting whiplash on openings.

Interesting. Nobody believed me when I said my Spectre-135 loaded at 1.4 had an opening problem. Sent it in for a re-lining after 450 jumps and it came back doing about the same thing.

I consulted several riggers about this and no advice they gave fixed the problem.

It was a -packer- who came up with a different way of packing it that 'cured' the problem. Now I won't use any other packer, as this one can get me on short calls and take care of my neck at the same time.

Thanks for validating my canopy's problem. Everyone thought I must be nuts. :P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Cobalt 120 or 135. They open very nice. If I have a second camera on the helmet ( only20% of the time) though by the end of the day it does take its toll.
The 120 just came back from getting an H-mod and I can't believe how slow it opens. This will be my new cam-canopy for the long term.

Back in the 'old days', jumping a ProTec with a home made mount with a Minota 7000 and Sony Handy Cam, I was really picky about which canopies I used for doing camera work. I would never jump anything zero-P because I figured a hard opening would: a) kill me b) make me wish I were dead. So I jumped only F-111 canopies like Raven, PD 9 cells, etc.

Now, jumping with tiny Sony digital camcorders, who cares what canopy you use.

I guess I don't understand the question. I think canopy selection for camera work is a non-issue these days.

But to answer your question: Stiletto 150, Sabre 17 0 (yeah, yeah, big stuff for us old farts)..

My 0.02
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video