Muppetdog

Is There Any One Out There Who Has Not Been Hurt Sky Diving?

Blew my knee up dragging a tow on a swoop a couple of years ago. Of course back then my "swoops" were only about 50ft long and kinda slow...I was dragging my toe the wrong way and when I hit a largish bump, it pushed my knee 45degs sideways. Tore the MCL and ACL. Fun times.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Past 15 years for me:

Non-Skydiving:
Broken elbow - basketball
Torn Meniscus (sp?) (knee) - White Water Rafting

Skydiving:
Herniated disk L4-L5 - Line Dump
7 stitches in my foot - Runway Landing with Tevas

I get hurt worse from non-skydiving activities. If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myselfB|

Righteously sprained my ankle reaching for a landing on jump #51.

Wrenched my right knee and hip last Sept during a hard opening that shredded my Stiletto. I wasn't walking right until the end of November.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

10 years, 600 jumps never injured skydiving.
However, there was this rainy day we decided to tow a round behind a truck with a harness and a 75' roap.
the bitch acted kinda like a kneeboard, as long as you were behind the truck/boat/ over the road it was fine, but when you cut out to the side it got a little hairy, sprained an ankel on that one.

Jan 01 - Sprained and partial fracture on right ankle
August 03 - spinal compression that left me unable to stand up straight for 4 weeks.
Currently - Sholders that hurt horribly after jumping due to injured rotator cuffs.

I pushed the limits a few times and it bit me back.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I got hurt pretty bad when I was a student doing a drunken BASE jump from the back door of our pilots house. I thought it was the front door where there was a deck. I had to yak and was wrong about which door it was. :D Hyper extended my right knee. So far the only injuries I have had skydiving were at the parties after jumping all day.:S

2 years jumping and one twisted ankle, from laniung in a pot hole. Also one bloody nose from face planting the Hoop on a HOOP JUMPB|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Almost never - broke my ankle on my first jump (brainlocked on the PLF), sat there thinking "WOW, that was so cool!!!!"... No serious injuries since, thanks to a number of well-timed PLF's.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A comment from the doctor was noteworthy. This was the same guy who had treated me for another broken ankle several years earlier which occurred while playing baseball (outfield collision.) He told me I shouldn't be skydiving. I asked why he didn't tell me to give up baseball...

Jon S.

Skydiving;
broken big toe (I presume/no doctor) landed a Xaos 21-80 loaded about 2.3 with stuck breakline-stupid but waited too long to chop.
2 weeks later landed a Velo 79 and had a brakeline only allow partial flare, same big toe>:(.
Swoop ditch slide in like a baseball player but had shorts on/ no jumpsuit on dry rough ground; nice rod rash on the ouside off the lower leg.
Nothing ever kept me from jumping though.

Non-skdiving before jumping;

Separated/dislocated shoulder twice learning to barefoot without coaching.
Blown ACL left,bar accident/Repaired
Blown ACL rgt, snowmobile, torn cartilage beach volly ball/ repaired-removed>:(

Nothing broken. Lot's of bruses, freefall bumps, otter bites on exit, the odd biffed landing, more than a few harness bruses due to hard or brisk openings, and a few other identified causes.

Actually, i counted 4 seperate bruses form my 11 jumps this weekend. i can only identify how I got 2 of them. ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP