ryoder

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

wolfriverjoe

******Alabama Republicans: "If someone did to our daughters what Roy did to others' daughters, we'd shoot 'em dead. But since it ain't our daughters and Roy Moore's a Republican, we'll vote for him. That's family values right there."

Hey, he may be a pervert, but at least he's not a Democrat.

Well, that's basically what both Kay Ivey (AL gov) and our Cheeto in Chief both have said.

Trump Jr was shocked, shocked that it took 5 days for Hilary to condemn Harvey Weinstein after the stories about him emerged.

I wonder what he thinks about it taking 4 weeks for his dad to condemn... uhh no, I mean officially endorse Roy Moore after those accusations were printed?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

*********Alabama Republicans: "If someone did to our daughters what Roy did to others' daughters, we'd shoot 'em dead. But since it ain't our daughters and Roy Moore's a Republican, we'll vote for him. That's family values right there."

Hey, he may be a pervert, but at least he's not a Democrat.

Well, that's basically what both Kay Ivey (AL gov) and our Cheeto in Chief both have said.

Trump Jr was shocked, shocked that it took 5 days for Hilary to condemn Harvey Weinstein after the stories about him emerged.

I wonder what he thinks about it taking 4 weeks for his dad to condemn... uhh no, I mean officially endorse Roy Moore after those accusations were printed?

The responses on his Twitter feed are brutal.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Hi Robert,

Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter

'The RNC resumed supporting Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore'

Well, we now know the true colors of the R's of this country; as if there was any real doubt.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/rnc-jumps-back-alabama-senate-race-after-trump-endorses-roy-n826496

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

Well, we now know the true colors of the R's of this country; as if there was any real doubt.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/rnc-jumps-back-alabama-senate-race-after-trump-endorses-roy-n826496

Jerry Baumchen

Trump and the RNC jumping back aboard Moore's candidacy means only one thing. They have decided that he can still win. The only reason they got off his wagon is that they thought it was going to crash. They have simply reassessed.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Trump and the RNC jumping back aboard Moore's candidacy means only one thing. They have decided that he can still win. The only reason they got off his wagon is that they thought it was going to crash. They have simply reassessed.

I suspect the calculus is more along the lines of what kept Clinton in office. That WJC would play 'hide the salami' with any female that came within range was the worst kept secret in Little Rock or Washington.

Clinton would appear to have had greater success in his extracurricular love life than did Moore, though his enthusiastic pursuit of sex reportedly reached a felonious level upon occasion.

Among major flaws with which Moore has to work are that he has none of Clinton's charm and that he was (is?) attracted to pubescent females.

Clinton used his position to have a rock star's love life. Where Paula Jones responded to Clinton's overtures with 'eeeew!,' most just said 'okay.'

Moore, OTOH, developed a reputation for hanging around and flirting with underage girls. I suppose people who are attracted to youngsters assume that everyone is, but the fact that this is not the case may be what enables them in the first place. You have various priests who engage in things that simply would not occur to the the bulk of the flock, who thus don't pick up on it.

The nature of politics is such that selecting a candidate is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. Some candidates' flaws are enough out of sight that their nature is akin to a coprolite, while others are reminiscent of ballistic diarrhea. I think Moore is closer to the latter category.

While some dung is useful as fertilizer or fuel for fires, a piece of shit by any name is still a piece of shit. So it is with politicians.

With Roy Moore, it is 'hold your nose and try not to gag when you vote.'

Ah, the Miracle of Democracy at work!

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

I suspect the calculus is more along the lines of what kept Clinton in office. That WJC would play 'hide the salami' with any female that came within range was the worst kept secret in Little Rock or Washington.

Clinton would appear to have had greater success in his extracurricular love life than did Moore, though his enthusiastic pursuit of sex reportedly reached a felonious level upon occasion.

Among major flaws with which Moore has to work are that he has none of Clinton's charm and that he was (is?) attracted to pubescent females.

Clinton used his position to have a rock star's love life. Where Paula Jones responded to Clinton's overtures with 'eeeew!,' most just said 'okay.'

Moore, OTOH, developed a reputation for hanging around and flirting with underage girls. I suppose people who are attracted to youngsters assume that everyone is, but the fact that this is not the case may be what enables them in the first place. You have various priests who engage in things that simply would not occur to the the bulk of the flock, who thus don't pick up on it.

The nature of politics is such that selecting a candidate is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end. Some candidates' flaws are enough out of sight that their nature is akin to a coprolite, while others are reminiscent of ballistic diarrhea. I think Moore is closer to the latter category.

While some dung is useful as fertilizer or fuel for fires, a piece of shit by any name is still a piece of shit. So it is with politicians.

With Roy Moore, it is 'hold your nose and try not to gag when you vote.'

Ah, the Miracle of Democracy at work!

BSBD,

Winsor

Or the current state of US tribal politics. Which summarizes the reasoning of your thread. Of which. I more or less agree with.

Bullshit.

Your claim that all politicians are dirty so it doesn't matter is exactly what is wrong with politics today. Not all politicians are dirty, but they are all human. You are equating normal human failures to abhorrent crimes against children.

And to counter the coming off-point rebuttal, I'm not saying you support Moore or child abuse. I'm saying your framework leads to excuses to support Moore and ignore child abuse.

- Dan G

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

I'm a Republican and I'm still not voting for that tard.

nolhtairt

***Hi Robert,

Jerry Baumchen

I'm a Republican and I'm still not voting for that tard.

So you're the one!!! I've heard of you!!

Kidding aside. I was very disappointed that John McCain voted for the tax bill. It has some good measures. But wealthy individuals came out of it like gangbusters.

$$$ for his kids!
He'd prefer to take cancer treatment that he's received away from others, and support the removal of the inheritance tax, giving stacks of cash to his kids.

I pretty much lost all respect and support for him for his change of heart.
Makes me wonder how close to death he is actually.

Roy Moore makes it clear that Jews are going to hell:

“[Soros] is pushing an agenda and his agenda is sexual in nature, his agenda is liberal, and not what Americans need. It’s not our American culture. Soros comes from another world that I don’t identify with . .. No matter how much money he’s got, he’s still going to the same place that people who don’t recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going. And that’s not a good place.”

Why can't Soros be more like Moore, and prey on underage girls like good God-fearing Americans?

And now there is a second woman who has written proof that Moore is lying.

==================================
Woman shares new evidence of relationship with Roy Moore when she was 17
By Stephanie McCrummen
December 4 at 4:58 PM
WaPo

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — Debbie Wesson Gibson was in her attic hauling out boxes of Christmas decorations last week when she noticed a storage bin she said she had forgotten about. Inside was a scrapbook from her senior year of high school, and taped to a page titled “Those Who Inspire” was a graduation card.

“Happy graduation Debbie,” it read in slanted cursive handwriting. “I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you’ll be a success in anything you do. Roy.”

The inscription, Gibson said, was written by Roy Moore, the Alabama Republican nominee for U.S. Senate who in recent days has repeatedly denied the accounts of five women who told The Washington Post that he pursued them when they were teenagers and he was an assistant district attorney in his 30s. Since those allegations were published last month, four more women have come forward to allege that Moore made unwanted sexual advances. The accounts in The Post included those of Leigh Corfman, who said she was 14 when Moore touched her sexually, and Gibson, who said that she publicly dated Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, a relationship she said she “wore like a badge of honor” until she began reevaluating it in light of the accounts of other women, and now, Moore’s own denials.

Shortly after the allegations first surfaced, Moore said in a radio interview with Sean Hannity that he did not know Corfman but that he remembered Gibson as well as Gloria Thacker Deason, who had told The Post that she dated Moore when she was 18. He called each one “a good girl” and said that he did not remember dating them.

But at two campaign events in recent days, Moore has backtracked.

At a Nov. 27 campaign event in the north Alabama town of Henagar, Moore said: “The allegations are completely false. They are malicious. Specifically, I do not know any of these women.”

At a Nov. 29 rally at a church in the south Alabama town of Theodore, Moore said, “Let me state once again: I do not know any of these women, did not date any of these women and have not engaged in any sexual misconduct with anyone.” . . .

Mark Songer, a former FBI forensic examiner now with the firm Robson Forensic, examined an image of the graduation card at The Post’s request and said that it “appears to be naturally prepared.” Songer also compared an image of the yearbook inscription to the image of the graduation card and said that “the style of writing, as well as certain letter features, appear to be similar.”
===================

Gibson said that after finding the scrapbook, she was not sure whether to make it public given the threats she received after publication of the original story.

Republicans sound off on why Roy Moore is still the better candidate:

"Forty years ago in Alabama, there’s a lotta mamas and daddies that would be thrilled that their 14-year-old was getting hit on by a district attorney."

"The women’s reputations were questionable at the time."

"There was still clothes on."

https://news.vice.com/story/why-these-alabama-voters-are-sticking-by-roy-moore

billvon

Republicans sound off on why Roy Moore is still the better candidate:

"Forty years ago in Alabama, there’s a lotta mamas and daddies that would be thrilled that their 14-year-old was getting hit on by a district attorney."

Back in that time the movie "Lolita" was a very popular liberal offering.

As I stated before, two of our closest friends were married when she was 15. I think they were dating when she was 14. I don't think he was much older but the point is that 14YOs were looked at differently then, especially in the Deep South.

That does not excuse predatory behavior.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***Republicans sound off on why Roy Moore is still the better candidate:

Back in that time the movie "Lolita" was a very popular liberal offering.

And as that film makes perfectly clear (the opening scene is a cold blooded murder) Humbert Humbert is NOT a good guy. Certainly not a man you would ever dream of electing.

Thank you for once again proving that liberal morals are superior to your twisted Deep South fundamentalism.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Back in that time the movie "Lolita" was a very popular liberal offering.

And today it would be more like a biography of a republican candidate.

>As I stated before, two of our closest friends were married when she was 15.

That's somewhat different than a 30 year old assaulting a 14 year old. If you can't see the difference, ask some liberal friends.

RonD1120

As I stated before, two of our closest friends were married when she was 15. I think they were dating when she was 14. I don't think he was much older but the point is that 14YOs were looked at differently then, especially in the Deep South.

That does not excuse predatory behavior.

THAT is the point. They were close to the same age. The husband wasn't 32 when they started dating.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Today's revelation:

In 2011, Moore stated he thought that getting rid of much of the Constitution - specifically every amendment after the 10th - would solve a lot of problems. For the conservatives here, that would include amendments that:

abolish slavery
ensure due process of the law
protect the right of minorities to vote
protect the right of women to vote (he's already said he's against that)
limit presidents to two terms
protect the right of younger voters who are over 18 to vote

He singled out the 14th amendment for being a problem, which is this one:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the law."

His spokesman said he didn't mean it. "Roy Moore does not now nor has he ever favored limiting an individuals right to vote, and as a judge, he was noted for his fairness and for being a champion of civil rights."

=======
Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore once suggested getting rid of every amendment after the Tenth — saying “that would eliminate many problems.”

The proposal came in June 2011 during an interview on the “Aroostook Watchmen” radio show, which is hosted by a two conspiracy theorists from Maine.

CNN’s KFile obtained audio from the appearance and posted it online Sunday.

“You know people don’t understand how some of these amendments have completely tried to wreck the form of government that our forefathers intended,” Moore says in one clip.

“For example, the right to keep and bear arms, the First Amendment, freedom of press liberty. Those various freedoms and restrictions have been imposed on the states through the 14th Amendment. And yet the federal government is violating just about every one of them saying that — they don’t they don’t — are not restrained by them.”

At one point, Moore was asked to give his opinion on the 14th Amendment — which guaranteed citizenship, equal rights and protection to former slaves and opened the door for landmark Supreme Court cases, including Brown v. Board of Education and Obergefell v. Hodges.

“People also don’t understand, and being from the South I bet you get it, the 14th Amendment was only approved at the point of the gun,” one of the hosts says.

“Yeah, it had very serious problems with its approval by the states,” Moore replies. “The danger in the 14th Amendment, which was to restrict, it has been a restriction on the states using the first Ten Amendments by and through the 14th Amendment. To restrict the states from doing something that the federal government was restricted from doing and allowing the federal government to do something which the first Ten Amendments prevented them from doing. If you understand the incorporation doctrine used by the courts and what it meant. You’d understand what I’m talking about.”

https://nypost.com/2017/12/10/roy-moore-once-suggested-getting-rid-of-every-amendment-after-tenth/
=====================

The Foundation for Moral Law is a socially conservative, Christian right legal advocacy group[5][6] based in Montgomery, Alabama.[7]

The Foundation was established in 2003[4] by Republican politician Roy Moore, ...

in 2005, The Foundation accepted a $1,000 contribution from a neo-Nazi organization founded by Willis Carto, a prominent Holocaust denier. The donation attracted attention during Moore's 2017 campaign for a Senate seat.[12][13][14]

Moore publicly said that he did not draw a "regular salary" from the organization. In October 2017, however, The Washington Post reported that Moore had arranged an annual salary of $180,000 for himself from the foundation.[15] From 2007 to 2012, he collected more than $1 million, a number that far surpasses what the nonprofit declared in its public tax filings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_for_Moral_Law

From 2005 through 2013, the Moore family drew $1,030,875 from The Foundation for Moral Law.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/sep/05/senate-leadership-fund/did-roy-moore-take-1-million-charity-he-ran/