ryoder

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

RonD1120

At the end of the day we shall see what God wills. America is at a tipping point. Which way is she going to fall?

Well, it would appear that "America has fallen" in the direction of the "Progressive Liberal".

It would appear that the sexual predator and bigot who wrapped himself in a facade of righteousness has been vanquished.

Just out of curiosity Ron, is that "God's will"?
Or is it "Satan and George Soros"?

You are absolutely right that fear is the seed of bigotry.
Add in stupidity and you get crap like "Obama is a secret Muslim". Or "Mexicans are rapists".

Has America woken up to the fact that they were conned last year?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

headoverheels

***With a little more than 90% of the vote in, the AP has called it for Jones: https://apnews.com/d54394e7782a448e92a53e67f3913a88

I expect that it will be close enough that the mail in vote will have major effect. I expect that the mail in vote is predominantly Republican .

I saw an interview with the Alabama election commissioner about an hour before polls closed. He said the absentee ballots were already tallied, and they would be the first results to post once the official reporting started.

That's nice to hear -- that the absentee ballots were acknowledged and a report on their results was scheduled. I'm a regular absentee voter (not Alabama, but still...), so I do kind of wonder about that.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I saw an interview with the Alabama election commissioner about an hour before polls closed. He said the absentee ballots were already tallied, and they would be the first results to post once the official reporting started.

That's nice to hear -- that the absentee ballots were acknowledged and a report on their results was scheduled. I'm a regular absentee voter (not Alabama, but still...), so I do kind of wonder about that.

I saw that interview as well. The military ballots and provisional have not been counted, though, and they won't be counted until Dec 26 (if I recall correctly). However there are not likely to be enough of those to change the outcome.

Don

RonD1120

******There were three different amusing video clips from the Moore campaign over the last couple days, and Jimmy Kimmel hit all of them tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo71_CK0M4
:D:D:D

Be it Moore or trump. Its still, after all this time, stunning, that they surround themselves with such stupid, bigoted people.

The underlying passion is not bigotry or stupidity. It is fear and it exists on both sides of the aisle. No one knows for certain what the answer is for our national government.

This is the same as the excitement, fear and anger in a bride's family leading up to the wedding. Everyone wants the end result to be just perfect and everyone has the perfect idea to make it happen. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes families become so divided that they do not speak to each other for years or ever again.

The bridegroom cometh. Who will be ready?

As Limbaugh stated yesterday, the Democrats will take the win but, they would have had "Moore" ammunition if the Republican party would have prevailed.

Can anyone tell me something illuminating they have learned from Ron? I'm serious. Exclude, please, pointing to examples of how twisted are he and those of his ilk. Exclude also how he has made it possible to hone your anti-extremist skills at low expense.

Best I can tell, he's like talking to a wall. Why do it?

Because I get insight into how some people think. And it's way less frustrating than replying to some other folks who just taunt.

He's not someone to convince. But every now and then everyone benefits from being able to see what's important to others in ways that make sense to me, or that exemplify a noticeable number of people.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Wendy's right. Ron's delusional thinking is informative and gives me insight into just how dangerous elements of the "Christian Right" can be. He is warning to the rest of us. There are people in positions of power who share some of his views. There are people who are just waiting for the most horrible things to happen, and who will do what they can to help make them happen, just because it will bring on the the passing of some weird prophesy that they are longing to come to pass.

People who think like that become dangerous when they are given or take power. Ron helps us to understand that.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I for one believe that Ron contributes to the dialog here. While trump still maintains 38%,..er..36%,..um well, 32% support.

Ron is the only consistent supporter willing to voice dissent with the majority of posters here. With all except one! brenthutch used to post here but I think the relentless missteps and indefensible positions of trump. Caused him to give up in frustration. He still posts elsewhere but dosn't contribute here anymore.

Ron makes the mistake of mixing religious views in his defense of trump. Which is completely legitimate of course. The GOP, trump and the religious right wrap themselves in the cloaks of Christ. All the while sustaining UN-Christian attributes.

Certainly trump and the republicans do the right thing from time to time. I tried to get a thread going to such effect. trump's wins so to speak. But in the face of dialog where the republican base answers every question with either spin, obfuscation or outright lies. Its difficult to concede anything to the trump-satan-Putin equation.

It would help if some republican supporters could argue the merit of trickle down tax stimulus, trump's fake success. Surely there are bystanders around here???

I know that compassionate conservatives are a substantial part of the republican vote. Yet here......silence.

I know that compassionate conservatives are a substantial part of the republican vote. Yet here......silence.

Compassionate conservatives have left the building. Driven out by culture warriors, talk show millionaires and tea party partisans. If they dare speak up they are instantly branded as RINOs. If they are professional politicians they will be primaried. They are mostly comfortable middle class people with jobs and health insurance. They just don't care that much. And they do not count because they do not vote in primary elections. Yes, they are out there in great numbers. They are the new silent majority. And when they get pissed off enough some of them will vote D. If the D candidate is seen as acceptable.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Phil1111

I think the current Republian party is so far to the right that anyone who isn't wholly vested in either the 'us vs them (at any cost)' philosophy simply can't defend what's happening at the moment.
Somehow we've gone beyond politics and economics into basic human decency.

Fuck me, if we don't have that first then we're never going to be able to put a decent government together. That's why I'm so excited about the Alabama result.

I've said before - in some areas like immigration and gun legislation I'm more to the right than to the left, but the current cockwomble-in-chief and his bootlickers are SO far to the right that I have no choice but to appear to be the liberal democrat.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Ken,

Compassionate conservatives have left the building.

'Bannon reloads for war on McConnell'

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/under-fire-after-moore-loss-bannon-reloads-war-mcconnell-n829341

Gonna take a lot of popcorn.

Jerry Baumchen

Bannon versus McConnell;
Which side do I cheer for?:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JoeWeber

*********There were three different amusing video clips from the Moore campaign over the last couple days, and Jimmy Kimmel hit all of them tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo71_CK0M4

Be it Moore or trump. Its still, after all this time, stunning, that they surround themselves with such stupid, bigoted people.

The underlying passion is not bigotry or stupidity. It is fear and it exists on both sides of the aisle. No one knows for certain what the answer is for our national government.

This is the same as the excitement, fear and anger in a bride's family leading up to the wedding. Everyone wants the end result to be just perfect and everyone has the perfect idea to make it happen. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes families become so divided that they do not speak to each other for years or ever again.

As Limbaugh stated yesterday, the Democrats will take the win but, they would have had "Moore" ammunition if the Republican party would have prevailed.

Can anyone tell me something illuminating they have learned from Ron? I'm serious. Exclude, please, pointing to examples of how twisted are he and those of his ilk. Exclude also how he has made it possible to hone your anti-extremist skills at low expense.

I find it interesting that you picked this post of mine for objection. I thought it was a straight forward op-ed piece.

Your message to me is that you are a seeker. As such, you are frustrated with me because I can't give you what you are seeking. Am I correct?

Let me encourage you to continue your search. An old ancient teaching states, when the student is ready the master will appear.

The Holy Spirit is beckoning you.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

ryoder

***Hi Ken,

Compassionate conservatives have left the building.

'Bannon reloads for war on McConnell'

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/under-fire-after-moore-loss-bannon-reloads-war-mcconnell-n829341

Gonna take a lot of popcorn.

Jerry Baumchen

Bannon versus McConnell;
Which side do I cheer for?:S

They are both crafty, smart and backed by armies of supporters.
McConnell however has the backing of the party which Bannon will never crack. Never. Don't forget it was Mcconnell that led the republican opposition and frustration on the Obama agenda. That he directed the opposition like a conductor in a orchestra.

Thats not to say that this current tax bill should and will not cost him and the republicans. There is a fifth column that currently supports trump and his agenda. Americans who have stock, 401K portfolios and who view the current euphoria in the equity markets. As a signal of trump's leadership. A signal from God?

trump and his gang of misfits, crooks and enablers Have taken over the party. But when the markets go south the fifth column will rise. Then strike his gang like the Romans at Masada. As a warning against extremism and the refusal to compromise. The loss in Alabama has been heard by Republican Rep. Pete King. Who has unleashed a personal attack on the previously untouchable Bannon. Although he dresses like a drunken bum off the streets. His ideas are not American. King's attack shows the underlying license to republicans. With the Alabama loss. Take back the party. Take back the agenda.

Before its too late.

Take back the party. Take back the agenda.

Before its too late.

But it's not just Bannon. He is not the mighty conductor or king maker. He is just a side show. Trump is the man who has taken control of the Presidency and who managed to be nominated by the people who give the GOP it's power.

It is already too late for the GOP even if they can find a way to end the Trump era early. They will have to wait for it to end of it's own accord. They simply can not ignore or wish away the one third of the electorate who thinks Trump is exactly what McConnell et al deserve. That one third is two thirds of the people who vote GOP.

To put it another way, Trump is twice as popular to the rank and file as anyone else. Who can seriously challenge him? It is unlikely that he can be defeated in a 2020 primary. And I find it equally unlikely that he can win in a 2020 general election. But I like many have been wrong about that before....

GeorgiaDon

I saw that interview as well. The military ballots and provisional have not allbeen counted, though, and they won't be counted until Dec 26 (if I recall correctly). However there are not likely to be enough of those to change the outcome.

Don

FIFY. Fixes my view as well. I was trying to square the idea that my ballot just must be postmarked by election day -- it obviously arrives at a later date. I'm sure the ones the Sec State referenced were ballots they had received thus far. So, perhaps it's a continuing process -- not to mention, the ones reported first thing were some percentage of the total absentee ballots to be submitted. Therefore, we are in agreement: the number to be counted likely will not affect the outcome.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

yoink

I think the current Republian party is so far to the right that anyone who isn't wholly vested in either the 'us vs them (at any cost)' philosophy simply can't defend what's happening at the moment.
Somehow we've gone beyond politics and economics into basic human decency.

Fuck me, if we don't have that first then we're never going to be able to put a decent government together. That's why I'm so excited about the Alabama result.

I've said before - in some areas like immigration and gun legislation I'm more to the right than to the left, but the current cockwomble-in-chief and his bootlickers are SO far to the right that I have no choice but to appear to be the liberal democrat.

Wasn't quite sure if this post, or Gowlerk's would be more appropriate to quote.

But this is me.

I've voted R in the national elections all my life. I've never voted D for Pres, Congressional Rep or Senator.

But given the way the Rs are lately, I can't stomach the idea of actually voting for them. Ever again.

Much of it started during the Obama administration. When the Rs came out and publicly stated that their aim was to stop anything Obama did, no matter what, I was disgusted.
It had become a "Us Vs Them", as opposed to "What's best for the country".

When the Rs went absolutely bananas trying to hang something, anything on HRC, it was worse.

Once the bigots, xenophobes and idiots took over, I was done.

The idea that the Rs would actually support someone who had multiple, plausible accusations of child molestation (or attempted) has pretty much put the final "nail in the coffin".

I don't know if I could support a D candidate for a national office. I did not and still would not vote for HRC for pres. But I think I would have voted for Sanders, particularly over Trump.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I am very much in the same boat as you, but I got there a little earlier. I had never voted for anyone but a Republican until the 2000 election. Once Bush Jr. got in and the Rs were firmly in the grasp of the evangelicals and neo-cons, I turned away. I haven't voted Republican since. There have been some Republicans I would have voted for, but none ever make it past the primary. I would have voted for McCain had he not picked Palin as his running mate. I voted for Hillary because Trump was the worst candidate I have ever seen in my life. I felt duty bound to do what I could to keep him out of office. Unless the Republicans turn away from Trump and Bannon, I can't see myself ever going back.

- Dan G

normiss

This was 98% accurate in my experience as well, I just still cannot understand the HRC hatred though as I have yet to find anything factual to back up any of the reasons given.

But I AM done with the republican party.

I blame it on Rush Limbaugh, and I used to be a fan of his. Rush was the beginning of demonization as a standard part of politics and a big reason we are where we are today.

I have also been a lifelong Republican, but I voted for HRC this time. I did not and still don't like her, but at least she would have performed the duties of the office, unlike the clown we elected.

In the next few weeks I will be going to the courthouse to change my voter registration to Democrat.

I find it interesting that you picked this post of mine for objection. I thought it was a straight forward op-ed piece.

Straight forward? Dude, I honestly had no idea what your metaphor was supposed to mean... except perhaps that you've been to some really messed up weddings in your time!:D

Your message to me is that you are a seeker. As such, you are frustrated with me because I can't give you what you are seeking. Am I correct?

Haha, no. Definitely no. I think pretty much everyone here knows you're incapable of offering what anyone seeks. No, I'd say he's frustrated because you can't even give a coherent explanation of what you seek. Your goalposts move on an hourly basis. You veer wildly between being obsessed with imagined misbehaviour from one politician to not caring at all about real, criminal behaviour from others because god's sorting it all out anyway.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

************There were three different amusing video clips from the Moore campaign over the last couple days, and Jimmy Kimmel hit all of them tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo71_CK0M4

Let me encourage you to continue your search. An old ancient teaching states, when the student is ready the master will appear.

The Holy Spirit is beckoning you.

Ron,

I apologize if my post caused offense. The post I replied to was simply available to ask the question. I am most definitely not frustrated because you can not give me what I am seeking; not all wander through life lost and looking for a Master.

I simply find your positions to be not only extremist but also repetitive. Consequently, I am caused to wonder what I am missing when I read what you write. So I asked. Nothing more to it.

No worries. I was not offended. Note, billvon is always on guard to perform his duties well. And he does. I'm good.

Have a Blessed Christmas.

PS. I thought you received a couple really good replies.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.