ryoder

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

wmw999

And in many places (including Europe and the US until about 250 years ago) girls are married off starting at puberty, with no say, to whoever offers the best deal. So?

60 years ago isn't now, and 18 to 14 isnt 32 to 14. Deep South or not. And if it takes a cousin to be socially compatible, then both the intellectual and the gene pools need expanding.

Wendy P.

You may want to read this. In many places in the US this still continues legally. Not sure why you think this ended in about 250 years ago.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/08/30/547072368/a-look-at-the-loopholes-that-allow-child-marriage-in-the-u-s

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) said Friday that she plans to vote for GOP nominee Roy Moore for Senate, even as she said she has “no reason to disbelieve” the women who have accused him of sexual misconduct.

So she will vote for someone she believes to be a child molester, rather than the guy who successfully prosecuted KKK child murderers.

Says a lot about GOP concepts of morality and justice.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

funny that we have no trouble believing multiple accounts and accusations when it comes to Bill Cosby, Weinstein, Weiner, Louis CK, Spacey, and so on and so on and so on...

But put a republican Christian up on those accusations, and "we we better make sure.." and "innocent until proven guilty" bullshit.

Once you pass a half dozen or so independent accounts of sexual assaults and harassing encounters, sorry but you are a fucking creep IMO.

Congrats Ron once again for throwing all common decency attributed to 'Christianity' out the window as you burn down your belief structure in support of your supposed belief structure.

reason number 631 why I left it all so long ago and continue to point out the hypocrisy.

You do not need to 'trust the news' on this one Ron, you could in fact independently research the individual accusers, listen to their stories and then judge for your self, without actually having to 'trust the news'.

But it is easier to just say 'I don't trust the news' as another cop-out to further support your hypocrisy. Christians always make it so easy to support horrible and horrendous things using whatever means are at their disposal, using their religion as the excuse for their shitty behavior.

because shitty behavior has NEVER happened before...... why would we possibly think it could happen again? we did not believe any of these children either for decades. must be fake news.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

I never said I supported Judge Roy Moore. I said the accusations did not make sense to me.

In the Christian faith there is no hierarchy of sin. Sin is sin. It is thinking in the natural and not the spiritual aligned with God through Christ. Every Christian has a past but he also has a future.

If Moore is guilty he deserves the penalty he will receive. Bottom line for me I live in GA and cannot vote in AL. Therefore, I am simply observing.

Right now sexual harassment, assault, molestation charges have become daily news headlines. It seems like no one can control their sexual urges. The decadence of America is heading for serious judgment from God.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

tkhayes

funny that we have no trouble believing multiple accounts and accusations when it comes to Bill Cosby, Weinstein, Weiner, Louis CK, Spacey, and so on and so on and so on...

But put a republican Christian up on those accusations, and "we we better make sure.." and "innocent until proven guilty" bullshit.

Once you pass a half dozen or so independent accounts of sexual assaults and harassing encounters, sorry but you are a fucking creep IMO.

Congrats Ron once again for throwing all common decency attributed to 'Christianity' out the window as you burn down your belief structure in support of your supposed belief structure.

reason number 631 why I left it all so long ago and continue to point out the hypocrisy.

You do not need to 'trust the news' on this one Ron, you could in fact independently research the individual accusers, listen to their stories and then judge for your self, without actually having to 'trust the news'.

But it is easier to just say 'I don't trust the news' as another cop-out to further support your hypocrisy. Christians always make it so easy to support horrible and horrendous things using whatever means are at their disposal, using their religion as the excuse for their shitty behavior.

because shitty behavior has NEVER happened before...... why would we possibly think it could happen again? we did not believe any of these children either for decades. must be fake news.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_cases

While I agree with the substance of your post. IMO the tribalism of political ideology lives in a big teepee. The democrats that now see Bill Clinton in a different light. The democrats that defended the Hollywood culture of the "casting couch". Is the full equal of the Christian right. As far a sexual hypocrisy: is concerned.

The publicity since the Harvey Weinstein affair has brought out a needed self examination for the better. Something that Bill Cosby's accusers couldn't. Hopefully when this catharsis is complete. Those with a more flexible and less ideological political identity. Can develop a more open mindset.

The Christian right in the US SE and Alabama specifically. Certainly don't seem to have learnt anything in the last year with the ethics of trump as their flag bearer. As far as lying, pecuniary self interest and a tight circle of wagons. Defending the trust accounts of the wealthiest from the betterment of all Americans and the national interest.

RonD1120

In the Christian faith there is no hierarchy of sin. Sin is sin. It is thinking in the natural and not the spiritual aligned with God through Christ. Every Christian has a past but he also has a future.

The decadence of America is heading for serious judgment from God.

So what of the future of trump and his clan of misfits. Everyday there are new exposures of additional lying and as such violations of the ninth commandment of God.

That seemed to make no difference in the run-up to the election. The decadence of trump lying about donations to charity that were never fulfilled. The decadence of private jet travel, by his appointees, when the poor go hungry.

The decadence of mortgaging the future of America for another $1.5 trillion. Only to lay that debt upon American children. The decadence of $1-1.5 trillion annual deficits by 2021.

"In White House budget for FY 2018 released this spring, President Trump proposed ambitious initiatives in the discretionary realm, including $484 billion increase in defense spending, as well as an extra $200 billion for rebuilding America’s crumbing infrastructure. It’s far more realistic to forecast that discretionary outlays will wax with GDP. So if that happens, the CBO’s projected deficit of $879 billion in 2021, already 50% above 2016 levels, will be a lot higher. Adjusting discretionary spending upwards, and counting interest on the extra debt, will add approximately $150 billion to the shortfall in 2021, pushing the total figure well over $1 trillion. “That scenario is not only plausible, but probable,” says Riedl.

It gets a lot worse. In our revised projections, the deficit would reach $1.7 trillion by 2027, 16% above the CBO’s already-alarming estimate, and America’s debt would stand at $2.9 trillion, 104% of GDP, putting the nation in the area that Medieval cartographers labeled, “Here be dragons.”
http://fortune.com/2017/09/22/united-states-budget-deficit/

And today's headline:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/women-allege-sexual-harassment-while-working-on-clinton-sanders-campaigns-report/ar-BBF6wMc?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

So the problem is men not treating women as equal people (or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson :)
I'm down with that.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

As Trump said of Papadopoulos, they were just low level people.

However, in Papadopoulos's case we have photo and video evidence contradicting Trump's claim.

normiss

I'm surprised he resigned immediately like he did..

He didn't get the Trump memo: "Lie your way out of it and bring up: Hillary's emails; Benghazi, Monica, Uranium, Weiner...".

RonD1120

I never said I supported Judge Roy Moore. I said the accusations did not make sense to me.

If Moore is guilty he deserves the penalty he will receive. Bottom line for me I live in GA and cannot vote in AL. Therefore, I am simply observing.

Right now sexual harassment, assault, molestation charges have become daily news headlines. It seems like no one can control their sexual urges. The decadence of America is heading for serious judgment from God.

No hierarchy of sin? Seriously? So for you stealing a candy bar and intentional vehicular homicide are the same? Or are you saying that for your god there is no difference?

Also, you seem so comfortable moralizing about things others do in places you are not. But then when it comes down to a good ol' boy republican Christian who just might have a thing for youngsters it's not your business because it's not your state.

Please explain.

RonD1120

It's funny you think this is something new... It's not. It's been human nature for eons (you know, how the species propagated before mankind invented religion and society) . We're simply trying to improve ourselves at this point in time - to make it public and unacceptable. That you're hearing more about it doesn't mean that it's happening more - that's a faulty piece of logic. All it means is that you're hearing more about it.

The Romans and Greeks were all about satisfying their sexual urges several thousand years ago.

yoink

It's funny you think this is something new... It's not. It's been human nature for eons (you know, how the species propagated before mankind invented religion and society) . We're simply trying to improve ourselves at this point in time - to make it public and unacceptable. That you're hearing more about it doesn't mean that it's happening more - that's a faulty piece of logic. All it means is that you're hearing more about it.

The Romans and Greeks were all about satisfying their sexual urges several thousand years ago.

This.

JoeWeber

***I never said I supported Judge Roy Moore. I said the accusations did not make sense to me.

No hierarchy of sin? Seriously? So for you stealing a candy bar and intentional vehicular homicide are the same? Or are you saying that for your god there is no difference?

Also, you seem so comfortable moralizing about things others do in places you are not. But then when it comes down to a good ol' boy republican Christian who just might have a thing for youngsters it's not your business because it's not your state.

Please explain.

My signature block explains what is meant by sin.

Judge Moore may have, if guilty, repented of his lustful sin and that is what motivated him in his strong conservative Christian career. When God forgives sin through Christ Jesus the sin is cast as far as the East is from the West. However, that does not mean that society does the same.

There is a natural plane of existence and a spiritual plane of existence.

yoink

I agree, I do not think this is something new. I believe that what is new is that America is following the same decadent path as the Romans and the Greeks. We are headed toward the same destruction as they faced.

Laws brought about through awareness do not and will not solve the problem. Throwing money at it will not work either. The problem is spiritual and moral. We must turn our national consciousness toward God and repent.

Wow. Huge scandal in the Clinton campaign! A woman was sexually harassed, complained to the campaign, and the man was fired. Of course most Trump people can't read past the headline, so this will be brought up as further evidence that Hillary is morally equivalent to Trump.

- Dan G

RonD1120

My point is that sexual misconduct is now a daily headline. There is no journalism only tabloidism.

Seems to me you engage in "tabloidism" and the spreading of false news as often as you can when it suits you. The breaking of the story on Moore by the Post was the result of a professional journalist doing investigative work. What has followed is of various levels of quality.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

I agree, I do not think this is something new. I believe that what is new is that America is following the same decadent path as the Romans and the Greeks. We are headed toward the same destruction as they faced.

Why do you think it is decadent that women are finally starting to be taken seriously and treated fairly when they complain of sexual abuse and workplace harrasment? Why will that lead to destruction?

Why do you think it would be better for America if powerful men were able to keep harrassing, abusing and raping women without ever facing any consequences?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

******I never said I supported Judge Roy Moore. I said the accusations did not make sense to me.

Please explain.

My signature block explains what is meant by sin.

Judge Moore may have, if guilty, repented of his lustful sin and that is what motivated him in his strong conservative Christian career. When God forgives sin through Christ Jesus the sin is cast as far as the East is from the West. However, that does not mean that society does the same.

There is a natural plane of existence and a spiritual plane of existence.

I get it that your life is organized around certain beliefs. But stating what you state as fact as if you were teaching Sunday school is very annoying. Facts are facts. Beliefs are just that, beliefs. No matter how real your beliefs seem to you they do not prevail over facts.

The quotation in your signature block doesn't answer my first questions in any detail. The woo-woo that followed in no way addressed my point about how when it suits you your moralizing stops at the state line.

No worries, I doubt you can even attempt an answer without calling on the spirit world.

Actually, while I disagree with the premise that acknowledging power abuse is a sign of declining "morals," i can understand Ron's point to some degree.

We more and more publicly celebrate the banal and base; look at all the reality TV shows, UFC, the increasingly graphic violence in entertainment media (including video games and movies) as valuable and something to be explored and celebrated. While I don't think it'd be Christians who'd be thrown to the lions, i wonder how well a back-channel show on abusing Muslims or wealthy people would do :|.

These aren't particularly good things in my mind; it's better to fill one's mind with stuff that requires a little work, rather than just filling it. Just as it's better to fill your time with some exercise, and your body with food that's not all pre-prepared. We've taken catering to convenience and momentary desires (in the West) to new heights, because we can, and we think, because we've done it, that it's good. Just as some people think that because people are what we are, that we're somehow the pinnacle of evolution.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)