ryoder

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

And in many places (including Europe and the US until about 250 years ago) girls are married off starting at puberty, with no say, to whoever offers the best deal. So?

60 years ago isn't now, and 18 to 14 isnt 32 to 14. Deep South or not. And if it takes a cousin to be socially compatible, then both the intellectual and the gene pools need expanding.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

We have a couple in our church that have been married over 60 years. He was an 18YO from AL and she was a 15YO from south GA. I suspect they were dating when she was 14. Such was not uncommon back in the day.

I realize that is not the same situation

It's not the same universe. 14 and 17 is slghtly off. 14 and 32 is sick, predatory and quite rightly illegal in almost any country you would actually want to live in.

but 14YOs are looked upon differently in the Deep South.

No shit. Creepy isn't it?

Unless your point is that it's not really a big deal that Moore groped and felt up 14 year old girls?:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

billvon

We are now up to nine women who have come forward, with over 25 people who can verify their stories (i.e. people they told in the past, people who knew Moore was banned from the mall, and people who were warned by store managers to avoid him.) Almost all of them from his home town.

It's definitely enough to make people think about the ramifications of voting him into office.

wmw999

And in many places (including Europe and the US until about 250 years ago) girls are married off starting at puberty, with no say, to whoever offers the best deal. So?

60 years ago isn't now, and 18 to 14 isnt 32 to 14. Deep South or not. And if it takes a cousin to be socially compatible, then both the intellectual and the gene pools need expanding.

Wendy P.

And I just saw a video of a 19 year old Demi Moore french kissing a 15 year old boy and talking nonchalantly about it, plus the boy seemed happy. Of course he would be. Every dude out there would be going hell yeah boy! Then reverse the genders, and I don't have to tell you what the reaction is going to be. :S

>We have a couple in our church that have been married over 60 years. He was an 18YO
>from AL and she was a 15YO from south GA. I suspect they were dating when she was 14.
>Such was not uncommon back in the day.

Yep. And if Moore had explained it as such - "it wasn't that unusual to be dating a 14 year old, but not that much happened and it's in the past" - then there would not be the stink there is now. I think a big part of it is his denial of it, and his attacks on the women who were his victims.

RonD1120

What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

Something is not right. The stepson of one of the accusers says his stepmother is lying. Could a devious organization with unlimited funding pay women to act victimized?

#ThanksObama
#OFA

Love your new avatar, too bad it's the same you.

The Warriors Soul? Whatever. How about ending a post with a serious answer instead of an open question?

RonD1120

No, I frankly don't know what to think, except that he is damaged goods regardless.

We have a couple in our church that have been married over 60 years. He was an 18YO from AL and she was a 15YO from south GA. I suspect they were dating when she was 14. Such was not uncommon back in the day.

I realize that is not the same situation but 14YOs are looked upon differently in the Deep South. Sometimes they are even cousins.

So, your folksy “Hillbillies go a courtin'” example lends understanding to a man (near 30yrs old) with a 14yr old girl in her panties with him trying to get her to grab his dick or forcibly trying to get another young girl to give him head? The woman below doesn’t seem the type to be seeking fame or a spot a reality TV show to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MacV95jBEho

You say you don’t know what to think?? What you should be thinking is “That’s fucked up”
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

No, I frankly don't know what to think, except that he is damaged goods regardless.

I realize that is not the same situation but 14YOs are looked upon differently in the Deep South. Sometimes they are even cousins.

So, your folksy “Hillbillies go a courtin'” example lends understanding to a man (near 30yrs old) with a 14yr old girl in her panties with him trying to get her to grab his dick or forcibly trying to get another young girl to give him head? The woman below doesn’t seem the type to be seeking fame or a spot a reality TV show to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MacV95jBEho

You say you don’t know what to think?? What you should be thinking is “That’s fucked up”

If the accusations are true. If they are not true then the guilt falls on the progressive left media ruining a man's career.

However, what if he gets elected? Now we would have a very angry conservative Christian in the Senate. I think that would be a good thing.

I do not trust the news media, period.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Some here are old enough to remember when Playboy Magazine featured a regular cartoon called Chester the Molester. And, they thought it was funny.

Run a web search and see what turns up.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I didn't find that video to be convincing, nevermind that he shot it using a greasy potato instead of a camera.

Moore has been trying to hide behind religion for a long time, now the more he's accused the louder he becomes. People need to understand the difference between a saint and a devil wrapped in a saint's skin.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I agree with you. Politicians are sleazy, hence the establishment of the $15M shush fund.

Who ya gonna choose? How ya gonna know?

RonD1120

Some here are old enough to remember when Playboy Magazine featured a regular cartoon called Chester the Molester. And, they thought it was funny.

Run a web search and see what turns up.

Actually it was Hustler not Playboy that had that comic. And if you are using Hustler comics to defend what is ok in society. You should think again:S
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

RonD1120

The statement was there. You didn't catch it.

If you spouted what you spout while waving the Muslim equivalent of a "the Warrior's Soul" avatar and quoting the Quran instead you know they'd be coming for you, right?

Stu Weber, like you, is a radicalized Christian who, like you, wants to pack the courts with radicalized right wing ideologues who, like you, want to force your "Christian understanding" down the rest of our throats.

He's also a local boy who spews his nonsense about half an hour away.

I never heard of Stu Weber until we started our Bible Study. It is comprised of 3 combat Marines, 2 combat Army and 1 Air Force guy. LTG Jerry Boynkin (Ret) is the man I am familiar with.

RonD1120

I never heard of Stu Weber until we started our Bible Study. It is comprised of 3 combat Marines, 2 combat Army and 1 Air Force guy. LTG Jerry Boynkin (Ret) is the man I am familiar with.

I needed to google him. Quite a distinguished military career, no doubt. On his wiki page it states he was the Delta Force operations officer on the failed Iranian hostage rescue mission.

From Wiki : "By 1980 he was the Delta Force operations officer on the April 24–25 Iranian hostage rescue attempt. Boykin called it "the greatest disappointment of my professional career because we didn't bring home 53 Americans."[7] Despite this, his "faith was strengthened" believing he had witnessed "a miracle": "Not one man who stood with us in the desert and pleaded for God to go with us was killed or even injured that night."[5]"

8 soldiers were killed but the Christians all lived so it was a miracle.

I'll take it on faith that you can not understand why I find it troublesome that a military commander, because of his religion, would see some of his soldiers as less valuable.

Another confirmation, this time from the woman whose complaints led to his ban from the mall:
===========================
Roy Moore accuser: I got him banned from the mall

CHRIS FRANCESCANI
Nov 16, 2017, 12:16 PM ET
ABC News

An Alabama woman who has accused Republican U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexually harassing her in the late 1970s said he was banned from the mall where she worked after she complained about his repeated, unwanted advances toward her.

“I went to my manager and talked to him about it and asked him, basically, what could be done,” Becky Gray told ABC News late Wednesday night. “Later on, he…came back through my department and told me that [Moore] had been banned from the mall.”

Gray said she has grown increasingly frustrated with critics who continue to question the veracity of numerous women’s claims of being sexually harassed four decades ago by the embattled former Alabama chief justice.

“It also upsets me where I read where a person says, 'Well, why didn't they come forward 40 years ago?'" Gray said.

She went on, “These women have no reason to lie about their sexual encounters… so I just don't understand people that don't believe that it's true. There's a lot of shame to this, and for those women who did have sexual encounters with Moore, I commend them for coming out - I really do. It's about time.”
===============================

RonD1120

***>Are you all aware of the congressional shush fund of $15M put in place a couple decades
>ago to cover up allegations of sexual misconduct by the members?

Yes. Looks like if he gets elected he will have a pile of money waiting to cover up his misconduct. So he has that going for him.

Have you moved from "he didn't do it" to "OK maybe he did it but other people did it first?"

It isn't uncommon now. The US still has massive amounts of child brides. Estimates are around 200,000 in the last 5 year period.

Of course in the US it is a great thing, when it is done in islamic countries it is barbaric /s

Lastly, Moore has now been described on here a couple of times as a pedophile. There is no evidence to suggest so far this is the case. Pedophiles are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children. Moore likes his victims pubescent it would seem.

Moore's continued support is another fine example of how great America is!

billvon

>I fully expect him to win the election and get the position.

Probably. 29% of Alabama voters were MORE likely to vote for him after the revelations about his assault on the 14 year old - and 37% of evangelicals.

Don't be so sure on that.

The latest poll has him trailing by somewhere above 10 points.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/15/new-poll-shows-roy-moore-trailing-democrat-doug-jones-12-points

Note the source for both the linked story and the poll. Kinda hard to put that one down as a "fake poll" from the "liberal media".

Personally, I think it would be funny as all hell if he lost. For a variety of reasons.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***>I fully expect him to win the election and get the position.

Probably. 29% of Alabama voters were MORE likely to vote for him after the revelations about his assault on the 14 year old - and 37% of evangelicals.

Don't be so sure on that.

The latest poll has him trailing by somewhere above 10 points.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/15/new-poll-shows-roy-moore-trailing-democrat-doug-jones-12-points

Note the source for both the linked story and the poll. Kinda hard to put that one down as a "fake poll" from the "liberal media".

Personally, I think it would be funny as all hell if he lost. For a variety of reasons.

The reaction from him afterwards would be worth it. A nuclear meltdown probably. :D Of course he'll probably sue everybody he can.