ryoder

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Senate Republicans are increasingly concerned that the Alabama seat held by Sen. Luther Strange (R) could be lost to Democrats.

They still hope that GOP nominee Roy Moore can be stopped before the state’s Dec. 12 special election, either by the Alabama Republican Party disqualifying him or President Trump convincing him to drop out.

But neither has happened so far, and other options for saving the seat — including support for a write-in candidate — seem likely to split the GOP vote and pave the way for a Democratic victory.

“The thinking is, if he doesn’t get out, we’re sunk,” said a Republican senator who requested anonymity.

Moore is facing mounting accusations of sexual misconduct, with women accusing him of sexual assault and pursuing them romantically when they were teenagers.

A National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) poll conducted days after the allegations against Moore became public showed him trailing Democratic candidate Doug Jones by 12 points.

The survey of 500 registered voters showed 39 percent support for Moore, compared to 51 percent for Jones and 10 percent undecided.

The poll also showed Moore’s favorable rating plummeting from 49 percent in early October to 35 percent this week.

Meanwhile, Trump disappointed Senate Republican leaders who had hoped he would urge Moore to drop out, saying nothing about Moore during public comments regarding his recent trip to Asia.

He ignored shouted questions from reporters about whether the candidate should leave the race.

The president also dodged the controversy on Twitter.

Well, of course he did. He can hardly pressure Moore to drop out without making himself look bigly like a hypocrite.

Oh, wait, he IS a hypocrite.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

Something is not right. The stepson of one of the accusers says his stepmother is lying. Could a devious organization with unlimited funding pay women to act victimized?

#ThanksObama
#OFA
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

Something is not right. The stepson of one of the accusers says his stepmother is lying. Could a devious organization with unlimited funding pay women to act victimized?

#ThanksObama
#OFA

Its called investigative journalism. Thanks to the WP. The story was widely circulated in Ala-praise-the-lord-bama. But the local papers for sure knew they would ruin their subscriber base by covering such a story. Locals obviously knew about it because he was banned from the YMCA and the mall. Both for the same reasons.

In the absence of the NYT and WP many of these stories would remain "covered up'.

Its like the same stories regarding trump and Russia. In the absence of investigative journalism. Together with leaks from the FBI,CIA and NSA. trump and his tribe would still remain unexposed.

RonD1120

#ThanksObama
#OFA

Really? That's what you think? Did you feel the same way when the stories about Bill Cosby came out? Or do women only lie about powerful white men? It's knowing they will not be believed that mostly keeps them silent.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

***What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

#ThanksObama
#OFA

Really? That's what you think? Did you feel the same way when the stories about Bill Cosby came out? Or do women only lie about powerful white conservative men? It's knowing they will not be believed that mostly keeps them silent.

You missed a word.

RonD1120

What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced.

Roy Moore has never before had the level of success that would make him a daily media presence in the lives of his accusers. When someone lie that is suddenly about to be one your senator, it’s far harder to ignore than anything else he’s previously done. Without that kind I trigger it’s quite unlikely for anyone to suddenly decide to come forward and rehash the past, especially when they know they’ll have to deal with accusations of being paid liars and other mysoginistic bullshit like the above.

Secondly, it’s far easier to come forward after someone else breaks the silence. One of the women specifically spoke about how she had believed she must be the only one, until others came forward and she realised he was a serial predator who needed to be stopped.

I wonder, if one of these women was in front of you would you accuse her of being a lying conspirator and a Democratic Party shill? Heck, you know at least one I then voted for Trump, right? You think it’s a long term undercover project? :S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

#ThanksObama
#OFA

That's because your party put a President into power who is a self admitted sex offender and now everyone has had enough. This year will likely be remembered as the Year of the Sexual Predator Purge or something like that.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

>What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated
>through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced.

Trump said it best. "You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything . . .Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."

So per Trump, when you are well known within your social circle, and can threaten women with slut-shaming and being exposed as a liar, you can get away with it. Moore told one of his victims "You're just a child, I'm the district attorney. If you tell anyone about this no one will ever believe you."

Even today Moore's allies are threatening his victims. “If they believe this man is predatory, they are guilty of allowing him to exist for 40 years. I think someone should prosecute and go after them."

And BTW those accusations were well known within his community - store owners knew to protect their young teen employees from him.

DJL

***What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

#ThanksObama
#OFA

That's because your party put a President into power who is a self admitted sex offender and now everyone has had enough. This year will likely be remembered as the Year of the Sexual Predator Purge or something like that.

The election of a clear sexual predator to US President is one factor. The exposure of Harvey Weinstein is another.

I think this will be the "Year of Me Too". Women are coming forward like never before. All over the place.

Roy Moore's claim that "you are a young girl and I'm a prosecutor, nobody will believe you" has been all too true for a long, long time.

Look at how Trump's accusers were treated. Trump himself threatened to sue (how did that come out again?).

That may be coming to an end.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Could a devious organization with unlimited funding pay women to act victimized?

On further reflection I think that it's just a sign of the ascendancy of progressive liberalism. Republicans couldn't get a real conservative elected. They had to settle for the Godless dotard. It was a Pyrrhic victory for them. The times they are a changin'. As always.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

kallend

Senate Republicans are increasingly concerned that the Alabama seat held by Sen. Luther Strange (R) could be lost to Democrats.

They still hope that GOP nominee Roy Moore can be stopped before the state’s Dec. 12 special election, either by the Alabama Republican Party disqualifying him or President Trump convincing him to drop out.

But neither has happened so far, and other options for saving the seat — including support for a write-in candidate — seem likely to split the GOP vote and pave the way for a Democratic victory.

“The thinking is, if he doesn’t get out, we’re sunk,” said a Republican senator who requested anonymity.

Moore is facing mounting accusations of sexual misconduct, with women accusing him of sexual assault and pursuing them romantically when they were teenagers.

A National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) poll conducted days after the allegations against Moore became public showed him trailing Democratic candidate Doug Jones by 12 points.

The survey of 500 registered voters showed 39 percent support for Moore, compared to 51 percent for Jones and 10 percent undecided.

The poll also showed Moore’s favorable rating plummeting from 49 percent in early October to 35 percent this week.

Meanwhile, Trump disappointed Senate Republican leaders who had hoped he would urge Moore to drop out, saying nothing about Moore during public comments regarding his recent trip to Asia.

He ignored shouted questions from reporters about whether the candidate should leave the race.

The president also dodged the controversy on Twitter.

Well, of course he did. He can hardly pressure Moore to drop out without making himself look bigly like a hypocrite.

Oh, wait, he IS a hypocrite.

It's too late to remove Roy Moore from the ballot in next month's election, and people are still gonna vote for him regardless. :S

kallend

******What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

#ThanksObama
#OFA

Really? That's what you think? Did you feel the same way when the stories about Bill Cosby came out? Or do women only lie about powerful white conservative men? It's knowing they will not be believed that mostly keeps them silent.

You missed a word.

No he didn't. There are scumbags in both political parties.

wolfriverjoe

******What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

#ThanksObama
#OFA

The election of a clear sexual predator to US President is one factor. The exposure of Harvey Weinstein is another.

I think this will be the "Year of Me Too". Women are coming forward like never before. All over the place.

Roy Moore's claim that "you are a young girl and I'm a prosecutor, nobody will believe you" has been all too true for a long, long time.

Look at how Trump's accusers were treated.

By the same token, look at how Bill Clinton's accusers were treated. Same thing, except the women were adults.

Are you all aware of the congressional shush fund of $15M put in place a couple decades ago to cover up allegations of sexual misconduct by the members?

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/360355-congress-owes-american-taxpayers-answers-about-secret-shush-fund
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Are you all aware of the congressional shush fund of $15M put in place a couple decades
>ago to cover up allegations of sexual misconduct by the members?

Yes. Looks like if he gets elected he will have a pile of money waiting to cover up his misconduct. So he has that going for him.

Have you moved from "he didn't do it" to "OK maybe he did it but other people did it first?"

nolhtairt

*********What I understand is that the escalation of accusers is powerfully damaging. What I do not understand is that Moore's professional career has also escalated through level after level of success and none of these accusations were ever voiced. Now he has the opportunity to be a strong conservative Christian in the Senate and he is made out to be a pedophile.

#ThanksObama
#OFA

You missed a word.

No he didn't. There are scumbags in both political parties.

Re-read what I wrote. It wasn't limiting scumbags to one party, it was about which particular scumbags it's claimed that women lie about.

We are now up to nine women who have come forward, with over 25 people who can verify their stories (i.e. people they told in the past, people who knew Moore was banned from the mall, and people who were warned by store managers to avoid him.) Almost all of them from his home town.

billvon

>Are you all aware of the congressional shush fund of $15M put in place a couple decades
>ago to cover up allegations of sexual misconduct by the members?

Yes. Looks like if he gets elected he will have a pile of money waiting to cover up his misconduct. So he has that going for him.

Have you moved from "he didn't do it" to "OK maybe he did it but other people did it first?"

No, I frankly don't know what to think, except that he is damaged goods regardless.

We have a couple in our church that have been married over 60 years. He was an 18YO from AL and she was a 15YO from south GA. I suspect they were dating when she was 14. Such was not uncommon back in the day.

I realize that is not the same situation but 14YOs are looked upon differently in the Deep South. Sometimes they are even cousins.