Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

kallend

Now I know Trump will win. Tonight I watched a documentary set in 2022, the 6th year of his administration.

It's called "Soylent Green".

I was sure you were going to say "Idiocracy".:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

billvon

>The Republican party should all be fucking embarrassed that their candidate for
>the most powerful position in the world is a reality TV-show host with zero political
>experience...

Hey, it worked for Berluscconi.

Yeah. That worked well for Italy... [:/]

Berlusconi

That worked well for Italy...

Hey -- he made Italians feel good about themselves again. He led from the front, squeezing babes and talking shit. Isn't that what Americans want? [:/]:S

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Berlusconi

***That worked well for Italy...
Hey -- he made Italians feel good about themselves again. He led from the front, squeezing babes and talking shit. Isn't that what Americans want? [:/]:S

Wendy P.

Don't forget "winning."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

rushmc

And the Democrats got Bernie and Hillary.

Much to be proud of there

:D

One of your bigger objections to Obama 8 years ago was that he didn't have any experience politically. How come you haven't voiced your concern regarding Trump's lack of political experience quite so energetically?

SkyDekker

***And the Democrats got Bernie and Hillary.

One of your bigger objections to Obama 8 years ago was that he didn't have any experience politically. How come you haven't voiced your concern regarding Trump's lack of political experience quite so energetically?

He knows how to make big oil profits great again.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

He knows how to make big oil profits great again.

War?

>How come you haven't voiced your concern regarding Trump's lack of political experience quite so
>energetically?

He now has an R behind his name.

If he flipped back, Rush would be all over him faster than you can say "terrific."

rushmc

And the Democrats got Bernie and Hillary.

It's always a competition with you isn't it?

How many times do I need to say that I think this entire election cycle is a shitshow for it to register? Every option is a bad one. some are just worse than others.

But yes. I think Hilary has more political experience than Trump, and for me, that translates to a more predictable option. Unpredictability is NOT a benefit in a world leader.

You're a staunch Republican. Aren't you pissed off that your party gave you the choices it did? Don't you see their culpability if the Democrats win the election?
Like I said, I'd be fucking furious.

yoink

...How many times do I need to say that I think this entire election cycle is a shitshow for it to register? Every option is a bad one. some are just worse than others.

But yes. I think Hilary has more political experience than Trump, and for me, that translates to a more predictable option. Unpredictability is NOT a benefit in a world leader...

PJ O'Rourke endorsed HRC.

Really. It was on NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me".

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/45920_Yes_PJ_ORourke_Endorsed_Hillary_Clinton_Today

Not exactly a "ringing endorsement."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

no man! I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative. Yeah and the choices do suck. But Bernie and Hillary are light-years worse than anything else thats on the table today
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

wolfriverjoe

PJ O'Rourke endorsed HRC.

Really. It was on NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me".

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/45920_Yes_PJ_ORourke_Endorsed_Hillary_Clinton_Today

Not exactly a "ringing endorsement."

Whoa!
I just realized I forgot to listen to it this weekend.
And PJ is my favorite.
Thanks for the reminder.
Off to listen to the show now...

ETA:

Peter Sagal: "Who will Donald Trump pick as his running mate?"

Tom Bodett: "Dennis Hastert."

P.J. O'Rourke: "Bill Cosby."

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

nationwide at the end of April shows Clinton with a 13-point lead over Trump. The same survey gives Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who dropped out of the race Wednesday, a 7-point lead on Clinton

And yet the Republicans just keep chasing 'the base'.

It's hilarious, the USA wants to be conservative, between two otherwise equal candidates the one with an R next to his name would walk the election, yet every time they let their loud, vocal, fringe minority saddle them with a lunatic or an idiot. All they need to do to win is stop the tail from wagging the dog but they don't even try. It's fucking brilliant.:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

All they need to do to win is stop the tail from wagging the dog but they don't even try.

...but, but, the people have spoken - the voters have chosen another path!
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Seems he's threatened to remove Paul Ryan as party chair at the convention for saying that he (Ryan) wouldn't back Trump. Don't play hardball with a whack job. He's also flip flopped on minimum wage.

Or maybe Trump has really entered the contest mainly to kill the Republican Party. His strike against the two-party system. If he comes out and says so, I'll vote for him :D

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Seems he's threatened to remove Paul Ryan as party chair at the convention for saying that he (Ryan) wouldn't back Trump. Don't play hardball with a whack job. He's also flip flopped on minimum wage.

Or maybe Trump has really entered the contest mainly to kill the Republican Party. His strike against the two-party system. If he comes out and says so, I'll vote for him :D

Wendy P.

I think that is part of his plan.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

***Seems he's threatened to remove Paul Ryan as party chair at the convention for saying that he (Ryan) wouldn't back Trump. Don't play hardball with a whack job. He's also flip flopped on minimum wage.

Wendy P.

Generally I do not ascribe to genius which otherwise can be more easily explained by incompetence.

I don't see Trump as some sort of Bobby Fisher pulling moves nobody has ever seen before out of his ass to defeat Boris Spassky. What I see is a guy willing to say whatever the people directly in front of him wants to hear. This isn't new or genius; it's simply pandering. It can make a person popular with those directly in front of them, but at the cost of pissing off those who aren't.

Trump has only stood and done this in front of enough people to to get 30% of the Republican Party to back him. It was enough to carry elections in states early on and weed out the other candidates until all that was left was the choice of Trump or "lucifer."

Again, I don't think Trump has a plan.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

******Seems he's threatened to remove Paul Ryan as party chair at the convention for saying that he (Ryan) wouldn't back Trump. Don't play hardball with a whack job. He's also flip flopped on minimum wage.

Wendy P.

Generally I do not ascribe to genius which otherwise can be more easily explained by incompetence.

I don't see Trump as some sort of Bobby Fisher pulling moves nobody has ever seen before out of his ass to defeat Boris Spassky. What I see is a guy willing to say whatever the people directly in front of him wants to hear. This isn't new or genius; it's simply pandering. It can make a person popular with those directly in front of them, but at the cost of pissing off those who aren't.

Trump has only stood and done this in front of enough people to to get 30% of the Republican Party to back him. It was enough to carry elections in states early on and weed out the other candidates until all that was left was the choice of Trump or "lucifer."

Again, I don't think Trump has a plan.

OK - I'll recant and edit . . . I HOPE that is part of his plan.

yoink

But yes. I think Hilary has more political experience than Trump, that translates to a more predictable option.

(cuts are mine)

this really defines the debate for sure

now it comes down to are you more scared about what you know Hillary will try to do, vs what ones is worried that Trump might do (or even something unpredictable).

it's the main question - depending on your politics, either option makes sense and the other option doesn't. no kidding (my apologies for be obtuse)

it'll come down to seeing if Trump stays vague and 'sound bitey' or if he'll actually start giving more details on what he wants to accomplish. And, for me, given our Jesse Ventura fiasco in MN - if Trump can provide at least some indication that he knows how balance of powers is supposed to work vs the last couple guys' poor examples - would really help too.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

quade

why change your last 8 year pattern? :P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

turtlespeed

OK - I'll recant and edit . . . I HOPE that is part of his plan.

I've said for a long time that if a presidential candidate ran promising serious election reform that I'd vote for them, regardless of their other issues... Abolishing the Electoral College and instigating an alternative voting system will be the best thing for politics that's happened that I can remember.

If Trump REALLY did this? Man, I'd throw up a little in my mouth on the day but I'd almost have to vote for him, then keep my fingers crossed for the next 4 years that he didn't destroy the world.
But first, I'd have to believe that he'd actually follow through with ANYTHING he says, and that's a bit of an issue.