Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

normiss

This is Trump, not spending millions on his campaign.

Shyster, in every sense of the word.

Don't forget that a lot of the campaign stuff (events, travel, catering) have been done with Trump owned services.

So he's paying himself for all this stuff.

With money he may be able to write off as a tax deduction. Or may just get given to him.

It's a rather interesting shell game.
One in which he profits, no matter what happens. The only question is how much. If he can get donors to pay back the loans he made to his own campaign, he's going to make a lot of money off of all this.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'm starting to worry that the whole Trump charade will fall apart before the convention. I'm pretty sure Clinton's people are just storing up the ammo waiting for the time to fire. What if she has to face a real opponent because this clown implodes too soon?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

The funny (sick) part is hearing about all the GOP stalwarts swallowing hard and falling into line. All the men (and they are almost all men, and white men at that) who said that they could never vote for him because he is not capable of being president have suddenly realized that the only thing worse than an incompetent president is being out of power.

I guess Democrats in a similar situation would react the same way. Politics look worse and worse all the time. Who cares what is best for the country when power and money are at stake? And no, this is not US bashing. It's human nature all over the world, but it's playing out in America right now.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Stumpy

*** What if she has to face a real opponent

Like who? For some reason the only people who seem to have any mass appeal either got no-where in the primaries, or weren't even part of them.

Primary campaigns tend to be a race to the extremes, while general election campaigns tend to be a race back to the center.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

All the men (and they are almost all men, and white men at that) who said that they could never vote for him because he is not capable of being president have suddenly realized that the only thing worse than an incompetent president is being out of power.

I disagree. They have the whole "attack, blame and then go on strike" thing down to a science. They just spent eight years blaming Obama for everything from Ebola to terrorism, and they are very, very good at it. They could start doing that to Clinton on day one and spend the next eight years proving how awful and horrible she is.

The worst thing for them, IMO, is a Trump presidency where they have to start defending every boneheaded thing he does or says*. They _don't_ know how to do that. They've had to defend against boneheaded things that GWB and Cheney did, and that effort cost them the presidency. And defending against what GWB did will be child's play compared to defending what a Trump, emboldened by a win, is capable of.

(* - This whole thing reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine somehow finds herself in the position of defending a guy who pees in the locker room shower. At the end of a long and unlikely series of events she finds herself in the position where she has to defend "the urinator" - and can't for the life of her figure out how she got there.)

billvon

All the men (and they are almost all men, and white men at that) who said that they could never vote for him because he is not capable of being president have suddenly realized that the only thing worse than an incompetent president is being out of power.

This whole thing reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine somehow finds herself in the position of defending a guy who pees in the locker room shower. At the end of a long and unlikely series of events she finds herself in the position where she has to defend "the urinator" - and can't for the life of her figure out how she got there.)

A year or so ago, I recall feeling a level of respect for many of left leaning posters here that reflected an attitude of disdain toward the idea of a Clinton dynasty running the country.

As that prospect became more viable and gained traction, the tone changed a bit - you'd hear things like, "I'm NOT defending her, but. . .blah, blah, blah."

Today it's all pretty much the same thing, but now it's done out of spite for Trump - and - without the disclaimer.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

A year or so ago, I recall feeling a level of respect for many of left leaning posters here that reflected an attitude of disdain toward the idea of a Clinton dynasty running the country.

I'll agree with you there. I've always thought she would be a good president, but I'm an outsider. In this forum, and in general I've noticed almost a pile on Hillary effect. Like it would be embarrassing to admit to being a supporter.

I think there's a legitimate difference between being a supporter of Hilary and being a supporter of Hilary because the alternative is Donald Trump.

One is saying 'I genuinely think she's the absolute best choice for president' and the other is 'well, if the choice is I have to cut off a pinky finger or both bollocks, I guess I'll start buying custom made gloves.'

gowlerk

I've always thought she would be a good president, but I'm an outsider.

I agree, and I'll be voting. She was my first choice in 2008. I'm less enthusiastic about her this year (due to her increased age), but she still strikes me as having a good balance of idealism and pragmatism.

Coreeece

*** a good balance of idealism and pragmatism.

So in other words, practical nonsense. . .

Au contraire. One is good and one is ungood. In other words, your words are nonsense.

gowlerk

****** a good balance of idealism and pragmatism.

Au contraire. One is good and one is ungood. In other words, your words are nonsense.

My bad, I should've just said nonsense.

jcd11235

****** a good balance of idealism and pragmatism.

It might seem so to those with no critical thinking skills. ;)

Which is why she's the front-runner - at least her nonsense is practical.

Coreeece

Which is why she's the front-runner - at least her nonsense is practical.

She's the front runner because most Democratic primary voters felt she was the best candidate. She largely shares Sanders' ideals, but actually has a plan to accomplish some of them and get the country on a path towards accomplishing others. She has a history of accomplishment as First Lady, in the Senate, and Secretary of State.

She also has a history of resiliency and is likely to withstand the pressures of the inevitable Republican witch hunt.

But go ahead and continue HatingHillary™. I understand it's one of your favorite pastimes.

jcd11235

***Which is why she's the front-runner - at least her nonsense is practical.

She's the front runner because most Democratic primary voters felt she was the best candidate.

Right, either out of spite or by abandoning their principles and just going along with the crowd - very few are voting for her based on - as you put it - "critical thinking skills" (snicker)

oh, and ya - you can't forget about those "super" delegates. . .

jcd11235

But go ahead and continue HatingHillary™. I understand it's one of your favorite pastimes.

I couldn't careless. My life has remained consistent regardless of those in power and the challenges that I've faced.

I just think we'd be better off if we voted for those that we think would be the best president, rather than against those we hate, or for those that we think might win regardless of whether or not we agree with their positions. . . How's that for idealism?

Coreeece

very few are voting for her based on - as you put it - "critical thinking skills"

The lack of critical thinking skills was in reference to your comments. I guess I can add poor reading comprehension skills, too. But thanks for reinforcing my perceptions! ;)

jcd11235

***very few are voting for her based on - as you put it - "critical thinking skills"

The lack of critical thinking skills was in reference to your comments. I guess I can add poor reading comprehension skills, too. But thanks for reinforcing my perceptions! ;)

I think the last time I talked to you, you said something about the WTC attacks being "brilliant."

I could give a shit about your "perceptions" - even if they have a cute little winky emoji at the end endorsing it. . . :P

Coreeece

I think the last time I talked to you, you said something about the WTC attacks being "brilliant."

Showing off your tremendous reading comprehension skills again, I see, :S Still talking to your imaginary friend?

jcd11235

:S Still talking to your imaginary friend?

Funny how you'd ridicule those with a religious "imaginary friend" yet support those with imaginary sexuality.

Hypocrites as usual. . .coming out of the woodwork for election season.

Coreeece

*** :S Still talking to your imaginary friend?

Funny how you'd ridicule those with a religious "imaginary friend" yet support those with imaginary sexuality.

I've never met (or heard of) anyone with an imaginary sexuality. Are they someone your imaginary friend told you about?

And in general, I don't mind religious people. I just ridicule those who claim to be religious, but have hearts filled with hatred. They are the scourge of civilization.