Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

jcd11235

Make no mistake, if Clinton underestimates Trump as you do, he'll be the 45th president.

I don't underestimate his ability to con some of the people, some of the time.

That said, I also do not believe he can con, all of the people (or even a majority), some of the time.

Do date, the people who back him are smallish portion of the total electorate; less than 50% of 50%.

We're still a long way away from November 8, 182 days, and yes, any number of things could happen, but I do not believe the people of the US are stupid enough in large enough numbers to elect a complete incompetent into one of the most powerful positions on the planet.

Can you think of what he would do in a crisis? A split-second red phone moment?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Trump has thus far pandered to those who lack critical thinking skills and bigots (large intersection of those groups). Why does this selection surprise you (assuming it's true; MotherJones isn't exactly a credible news source)? If Trumps bigoted rhetoric hasn't sunk him yet, what makes you believe this selection will do it?

Don't forget, intelligent people capable of logical thought are a minority in this country. The US is a hotbed of anti-intellectualism. Being correct doesn't imply being popular, and all that matters is winning the (state by state level) popularity contest(s) in November.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

quade

Can you think of what he would do in a crisis? A split-second red phone moment?

At least that question has been answered with Hillary.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***Can you think of what he would do in a crisis? A split-second red phone moment?

At least that question has been answered with Hillary.

Hillary was Secretary of State and sat in the President's ready room when bin Laden was being killed. She has more experience than anyone in the race and we have a reasonable expectation of how she'll perform in a crisis.

We only have unreasonable expectations of Trump since he has already advocated dropping nuclear weapons in the Middle-East.

I guess if you're into nuclear war, Trump might be your guy.

Personally, I'd rather not see the end of the world in my times.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

it'll come down to seeing if Trump stays vague and 'sound bitey' or if he'll actually start giving more details on what he wants to accomplish. And, for me, given our Jesse Ventura fiasco in MN - if Trump can provide at least some indication that he knows how balance of powers is supposed to work vs the last couple guys' poor examples - would really help too.

===================
Trump's empty administration

As presumptive nominee takes first steps on transition, GOP policy veterans say they're not interested.

Politico
Darren Samuelsohn and Ben White

05/09/16 05:21 AM EDT
Updated 05/09/16 01:32 PM EDT

. . .
A source familiar with Trump’s thinking explained that the billionaire businessman was reluctant to add new layers of policy experts now, feeling it would only muddy his populist message that has been hyperfocused on illegal immigration, trade and fighting Islamic extremists. . . .

“He doesn’t want to waste time on policy and thinks it would make him less effective on the stump,” the Trump source said. “It won’t be until after he is elected but before he’s inaugurated that he will figure out exactly what he is going to do and who he is going to try to hire.”
====================

Hm. Just-in-time inventory management is an accepted way to manage that part of your business. Maybe we're about to see a just-in-time presidency :P:S

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ryoder

Hillary wins and it's the best thing the GOP can hope for. "Jimmy Carter in a pantsuit".

I love the O'Rourke spin. He just squeezes that lemon and adds his sugar.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

quade

Once again, you're attributing genius to what is far easier to attribute to incompetence.

I don't think Trump is a genius. I think he's a con man. Maybe even a slick one who can indeed fool some of the people some of the time.

I'm fairly certain the vast majority of people are not fooled.

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh16gen.htm

LOL

He is no more of a con man than is Hillary

Who was she named after??

Oh that's right, she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary because of his great accomplishment of climbing Everest. That was in Hillary's own words.
Problem?
He climb that mountain 6 or 8 year AFTER she was born????

Opps

Yep
People are being fooled

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Trump+pulls+even+with+Hillary
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Your last comment would be correct!
Wow, what are the odds?
named after who?

I'd say you owe beer, being your first and all.

You did not even know of that one did you!

How about these 3

•Dead Broke – In an interview, Clinton stated that she “came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt.” Something even the left-leaning Politifact found to be false.
•Sniper Fire – During the 2008 campaign, Clinton said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia during the ’90s. She went so far as to claim her group ran “with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.” Video of her actual arrival surfaced showing a very calm scene instead, and the Democrat would quickly say she simply misspoke.
•Immigrant Grandparents – When discussing immigrant stories, Clinton asserted that “all my grandparents… came over here.” It was another story Politifact said was false, as only one of her grandparents was an immigrant.
Abraham Lincoln

this one is good

The Few, The Proud, The Marines – Very recently, Clinton claimed to have been turned down by the Marines when she applied in 1975. Washington Post fact-checkers quickly realized the absurdity that a rising legal star at the time, and soon to be wife of Bill Clinton, would drop everything and ship off with the Marines. They gave her a couple of Pinocchios for her tall tale.
Abraham Lincoln

Moving goal posts?

How about your re-direct!!:D

All I was showing was Hillary is as big a con-man as they come.

And it is easy to prove.

Want to talk about her 4 week Benghazi lie?

Abraham Lincoln

So
Since you moved us to the land of the questionable

AND,

invoked the KKK (I am just following your lead here)

How about this one??

http://www.snopes.com/kkk-endorses-hillary-clinton/

Lets have some fun

This could really go off the rails (more so than it already has:P)

Abraham Lincoln

normiss

You really need to stop insulting and start respecting those in the office of the presidency.
You're going to exhaust yourself in frustration and lies.
Madam President is gonna butt hurt you bad.
:D:D:D

LOL

You respect liars?

Ok

Got it
Abraham Lincoln