Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

Primaries are elections run by private corporations. They are not government activities. Those private corporations can make you do anything they want to vote in their private election.

The fact that most people don't understand that, and the fact that taxpayers end up paying for these private events, shows how legally and culturally ingrained the two party system has become.

- Dan G

rehmwa

[I'm sure Quade will be thrilled if Trump wins and gets a Rep congress and they go ahead and "Fix" the primary and caucus system for all the states

If Trump gets elected and actually does that, I'll be the first to stand up and say that his presidency is one of the most important in decades, pretty much regardless of whatever else he does short of ending the world.

normiss

Well, depending on how he "fixes" it, maybe.

it'll be great, just great, better than ever
it'll be the fixiest fix that ever fixed a fixer

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ryoder

William Kristol trolls Trump: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-hits-panic-button-hint-041500199.html

It is amazing how thin-skinned Trump is.:D

he's troll bait - the process is defined and working very efficiently

1 - Bait Trump, say something mean, pick on his followers or whatever
2 - He takes it personally instead of as the consequences of dealing with anal retentive verbage jockeys. Misses the chance to score points with it, attacks the instigator personally and says something about him that can be extended to lots of people.
3 - Media leaps on it, pretends he's hacking on everybody.
4 - People either find it funny and propagate it, or jump on board, or believe the media, and it grows out of control

we all laugh here at the pandemonium - except for the coolaid drinkers on either side who either: in outrage take exception and claim he's satan or; in outrage take exception and try to 'explain' what he meant

the important part is the outrage

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

ryoder

William Kristol trolls Trump: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-hits-panic-button-hint-041500199.html

It is amazing how thin-skinned Trump is.:D

To me it's more amazing he seems to have no idea who Kristol is.

For Trump to call Kristol a "light weight" is somewhat hilarious. I'm no fan of Kristol by a long shot, but it's completely valid to consider Kristol as one of the men behind the curtain of the 43rd Administration and a heavy hitter. He was, after all, one of the founders of the PNAC and signer of the PNAC letter pushing for a march into Iraq even during the Clinton administration.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

normiss

That's outrageous.

I'd like to change my quote "anal retentive verbage jockeys"

to "anal retentive semantics jockeys"

either way, though, I was hoping people would appreciate it

SkyDekker

That was several days ago. I loved the Judge's reaction. "Oh yeah? Well, I guess these files are now unsealed." (Not an actual quote. Just what was playing in my mind.) Lol.
quade -

From a linked article:

"Citing concern Friday that a “media frenzy” would ensue if a trial were held before the November presidential election, the judge overseeing a class-action lawsuit against Donald Trump over a real estate “university” accused of defrauding students scheduled a late November date for the years-old litigation."

Let's all sit back and imagine what the right wing's reaction would be if a federal investigator decided to put the Clinton email investigation on hold until after the election, due to concerns over a "media frenzy."

quade

That was several days ago. I loved the Judge's reaction. "Oh yeah? Well, I guess these files are now unsealed." (Not an actual quote. Just what was playing in my mind.) Lol.

You may find it a laughing matter. I don't think it is. It is another step in the vilification of a specific group. In this step, now people who disagree with Trump are part of this group. This path only leads in one direction, well according to history anyways.

billvon

From a linked article:

"Citing concern Friday that a “media frenzy” would ensue if a trial were held before the November presidential election, the judge overseeing a class-action lawsuit against Donald Trump over a real estate “university” accused of defrauding students scheduled a late November date for the years-old litigation."

Let's all sit back and imagine what the right wing's reaction would be if a federal investigator decided to put the Clinton email investigation on hold until after the election, due to concerns over a "media frenzy."

And Clinton in return would call the judge a redneck hillbilly.

SkyDekker

You may find it a laughing matter. I don't think it is. It is another step in the vilification of a specific group. In this step, now people who disagree with Trump are part of this group. This path only leads in one direction, well according to history anyways.

Trump being a racist and catering to them is no laughing matter.

The judge's decision to unseal the files, however, was.

Stay up to day here.

http://www.latimes.com/search/dispatcher.front?Query=trump+university+lawsuit&target=all&spell=on
quade -

A lot of prominent Republicans have discovered that they have irreconcilable conflicts with the GOP convention, despite it's being on the calendar for well over a year.

www.nytimes.com/2016/06/02/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-convention.html?google_editors_picks=true&_r=0

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Trump is "winning" the toilet paper poll: http://qz.com/696555/toilet-paper-featuring-donald-trumps-face-outsells-the-kind-with-hillary-clintons-by-6-to-1/:D

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Donald-Trump-Toilet-Paper-Collectible/dp/B0163B2FBG/177-7102541-6165429

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

PGA moves tournament from Trump Miami golf course to...Mexico City:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/golf/pga-tour-moves-tournament-from-miami-donald-trump-course--to-mexico/2016/06/01/0a625456-2838-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.htmlB|

And in more good news: http://priceonomics.com/bookings-at-trump-hotels-plummet/:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.