AdamLanes

Why do some jumpers think it is okay to lean on others in the jump plane?

Yeah! And everybody all squished in and the TIs yelling, "Make room for the tandems!"

I mean, what's up wid dat?

They do that on your loads too?!! I don't get it either. I even asked JohnMitchell why the tandems need so much room because he does a lot of tandems. He said they don't need that much room. Besides, once the tandem passengers get up on their laps, there's extra room. :S I think they are just extra room hogs. :P

Yeah! And everybody all squished in and the TIs yelling, "Make room for the tandems!"

At the DZ that I go to, the tandems go out at 10.5K, and the fun jumpers get a second pass at 13.5K.

So we don't have that problem.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

They do that on your loads too?!! I don't get it either. I even asked JohnMitchell why the tandems need so much room because he does a lot of tandems. He said they don't need that much room. Besides, once the tandem passengers get up on their laps, there's extra room. :S I think they are just extra room hogs. :P

we had a TM about 3 years ago that would look at the load slip to see how short the load was

if we were short of full by 2 slots, he'd stretch out and take 3 and force everybody to sit down hill

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Its funny - I'm always a lot less squashed in a 182 than in a big plane where people crush me!

That's logical. Since big airplanes usually don't have a cubby-hole.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Yes, I guess I'm just a bit shy about bothering people that are squishing me. :| It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes... I've had people take pictures of me all squished in the plane and my rig popping out at weird angles. :S[:/]

Awww, that's awful. Sorry that you are getting squashed, little lovely. Although they're not trying to be rude, not everyone realizes how their actions may have an effect on others. Valinda, I think you're just very thoughtful and nurturing by nature, but it's ok to speak up, if you need to do so.

It depends on the airplane. Most planes, we don't need any extra room except maybe a little during the hook-up. A TwinBo with 10 jumpers...yeah, I need a little elbow room to get hooked up. ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You're supposed to yell something back, silly. I'll give you a hint. The 1st word begins with a F. ;)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You're supposed to yell something back, silly. I'll give you a hint. The 1st word begins with a F. ;)

And ends with "...uck the tandems!" :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Blues,
Dave

One time I yelld that back purely in Jest... lol then I didn't here the next line after that, and realised that no one was joking there
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Blues,
Dave

Every once in a while, you hear the tandem student say, "Hey... wait a minute..."

Usually the TM says, "No, really, make room for the tandems."

We reply, "No, really, f- the tandems."

Of course, we always give the TM some extra room so that they can get everything hooked up and such.

Just trying to add a little zest to the usual plane ride.
:)

You, sir, are in the wrong sport. Where I came from we were bunched in crampy Cessnas taking forever getting to 7,500 feet. You're in an Otter and someone leans on you for what, like 10 minutes to 13,500? Skydiving means close quarters in the plane. Be glad it's your brethren.
SCR-442, SCS-202, CCR-870, SOS-1353

He said they don't need that much room. Besides, once the tandem passengers get up on their laps, there's extra room. I think they are just extra room hogs.

I have to agree with you there, altough I know nothing about tandems :) Was doing a high altitude hop n pop with two other guys way out from the DZ so we were closer to the pilot than the tandems on the plane. It was an otter with a full load of 23 jumpers. They yelled for the usual "make room for the tandems." When all was said and done they had more than enough room and we even got to stretch out a bit behind them. I guess people at The Farm are real comfortable with each other ;)
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Oh, THAT's what they are saying...I always thought it was "Break wind for the tandems"....

No wonder our retention is so low. And trust me....when I can be by an open door in the Otter and still make the pilot gag...but I digress

...and...and...the vidiots who won't sit with their customers and always get on last to sit by the door and getting in the way of the first group out and climbing over everyone to get the in-plane interview...bozos.
>:(

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The person behind you is not a recliner chair! What happened to common courtesy? Sit up in the plane and quit crushing the person behind you!

Buy two jump tickets and take two seats. Otherwise find a different past time.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

that footage doesnt get taken by me, I think others take it to blackmail me with my girlfriend though...

that and the nipple pinching 4 way team huddle is pretty fun too

D
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Besides, once the tandem passengers get up on their laps, there's extra room. I think they are just extra room hogs.

I will be sure to sit on your lap this weekend:)

I wonder where Adam jumps.... I could sit on his lap

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA