AdamLanes

Why do some jumpers think it is okay to lean on others in the jump plane?

i like to leave the plane with my PC wedged in my ass, then at "pull time" as it were, I just relax bro, keeps people from getting caught in my burble:D

Hey sweetpea...spread 'em...go-cart position (knees up) and you'll be gellin' like Magellin';) The person in front at that point can lean back all they want on your shins/knees and your legs won't fall asleep...it's all good;)

You can lean on me. I promise not to grab your balls.

On one of my very early jumps, from a 182, the other three (guys) on the load were doing their 100th jumps. At the time it was tradition to do one's 100th naked....

I still remember that jump very vividly, albeit not very fondly.

B|B|B|

people have been "leaning on me" for decades:|

sometimes it's literally
and sometimes it's figuratively

this is a sport where a certain degree of "body contact" occurs....( and NO i'm NOT talking about after hours activities,,,:o;)B| )

I mean packing into planes, dirt diving, SKY diving, and then the eventual High Fives, afterwards...

Newbies "lean on" their instructors for advice , encouragement, energy and even sometimes, sympathy...
I have no problems with a person sitting close to me, during the climb.... so long as they are a BIT considerate and not crushing any important body parts of mine...AND they don't have B O ...:|

The usual comments i hear while boarding are,,,
"You OK"?,, and "am I crushing you"?, "How's that"? and similar sorts of caring inquiries...

jumpers are usually considerate about that...
If you're not happy with the boarding and seating situation, bring it up, calmly and non aggressively,,, and work it out...
hell man if someone is 'crushing' you,, AND you sit there for the entire climb saying Nothing.....:S:|[:/]
then ya' get what ya' get......:P:)

I know of NO jumper who would not shift and reposition himself or herself, if asked nicely by the person behind them.....

NOW how about the turbine LOUNGERS,,, who stake out a larger than needed space , either on the bench or worse, on the floor, and then LAY there,, well stretched out,, while others work with half the floor area, to compensate for them.. they may not be touching ANYone, but are way less thoughtful, than those who pack tightly against their fellow jumpers...

this is a "contact sport" to a certain extent,,,

so don't sweat the small stuff.:)
jmy

The person behind you is not a recliner chair! What happened to common courtesy? Sit up in the plane and quit crushing the person behind you!

Face it...some people think about these things and ask if the guy behind is OK. Some don't.

Getting your panites in a wad because not everyone thinks of these things is a drain on your fun.

What's wrong with asking the guy in front to adjust for comfort? Few jumpers would decline. For those, we call in Freeflymickey.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

for the sake of comfort i suggest u to either start jumping from helicopters/balloons where you standing or sitting in chairs.......or rent your own plane(don`t you worry about co2 or dirty stuff like that....no americans do that) OR start base jumping....that is green jumping i tell u that...

> Why do some jumpers think it is okay to lean on others in the jump plane?

Because the seating is so tight that you have to be leaning on someone in most aircraft.

>The person behind you is not a recliner chair!

No. But often they are the person you have to lean against.

>What happened to common courtesy?

Nothing at all. If someone is making you uncomfortable, say so. But if you do not want people putting any pressure on you at all - you're in the wrong sport.

I have to agree with you! I'm a small 105 pound girl and when I get these big guys that think I'm a lounge chair all the way up to altitude it's painful and I can't breath!

It's so true! I'm a small girl, and I get wedged between some really big guys. You can lean on me whenever you want, but if I really can't breathe ...and it happens a lot...please give me a bit of space. I'd hate to be known as the girl who passed out on the way to altitude. [:/]
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I will fucking push you off me if you treat me as a recliner, I will slap you in the back of the head

Oh, jeah? Well me and mi vatos got hook knives, jou know?

LMFAO.

Between this and the 'I like sunshine and flowers' post...sheesh. I love this thread. Maybe people should complain a little more often. :D:D

(Side note - I always draw an imaginary line next to my side of the bench. If the other people cross it, I tell the pilot. Works REAL well.) ;)
Signatures are the new black.

Face it...some people think about these things and ask if the guy behind is OK. Some don't.

Getting your panites in a wad because not everyone thinks of these things is a drain on your fun.

What's wrong with asking the guy in front to adjust for comfort? Few jumpers would decline. For those, we call in Freeflymickey.

People seem to get upset when you do that... everyone asks at the start if you're comfortable, but at 1/2 altitude my foot usually goes dead and I have to tap on the guy in front and ask if I can reshift my foot.

Till then the plane is silent and nobody is moving... then I come along and spoil it [:/]

Now...are they really laying all over everyone? Or is it just the 105 lb, blond, who catches the boys' eyes? Hmmm...

SAB|

Well, it is my opinion that a lot of guys like to recline back in the plane so they can pretend they are all cool. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a girl or anything. A lot of guys (not all of them) are just thoughtless. And by the way, you guys that do get casual on the plane like that--- you look like asses. Not cool.

Now if it IS as you say, the boys trying to impress me... Then I am totally unimpressed by having them squish me to death and being so thoughtless of my personal space and well being. :S I'd be more inclined to give them the time of day if they respected me rather than ignore me and my space. After all I'm not taking up near the space they are. :(

luckily for me I am a video guy for a fourway team with 3 hot chicks...I usually just cuddle with the hot chicks instead of leaning on them....so far no complaints :-P

chill brother, if you are in pain ask nicely most people are nice when it isnt 103 degrees in the plane, and when it is expect douchiness ...

d
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Now if it IS as you say, the boys trying to impress me... Then I am totally unimpressed by having them squish me to death and being so thoughtless of my personal space and well being.

I don't think it's being suggested that guys are trying to impress you by showing you how unafraid they are on the ride to altitude (though maybe that happens, too). I think what's being suggested is that guys like the physical contact that comes from laying on a 105lb blond.