42 42
quade

DB Cooper

"The Boeing 727's autopilot could be engaged in either pitch or roll mode or both. We often would disconnect only the pitch mode to manually make changes like leveling off or beginning a descent. This is because hand-flying was smoother than the autopilot. Also, the 727's antiquated autopilot could not be relied upon to level off at the preselected altitude. Some didn't even have altitude-capture capability. "

57 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

"The Boeing 727's autopilot could be engaged in either pitch or roll mode or both. We often would disconnect only the pitch mode to manually make changes like leveling off or beginning a descent. This is because hand-flying was smoother than the autopilot. Also, the 727's antiquated autopilot could not be relied upon to level off at the preselected altitude. Some didn't even have altitude-capture capability. "

So you are saying that it was on auto pilot but some of the features were shut off so the pilot could still say he was flying the plane?

(edited)
On 8/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, FLYJACK said:

Sort of, it was exposed early on in the newspapers that the back chutes came from Hayden.. everybody just forgot about it.. The FBI files were clear that the back chutes came from Hayden..  Cossey's lie was subtle. He claimed they were his, he did pack them and we don't know if he made/owned them before Hayden bought them. Cossey often lied to the media..

So, it wasn't a big secret that the back chutes came from Hayden,, everybody just lost track over the years. Exposing Hayden in "Skyjack" wasn't a big deal.. it was already out there. There was no coverup or reason to off Cossey. Apparently he was big gambler, that is more likely what got him killed..

Nov 26, 1971

1022964411_ScreenShot2022-08-22at4_43_19PM.png.5bdf773923d73d90d7da048d4b098703.png

Why do you think Cossey lied to the media? If gamblers kill you they never get their money. Logically they think of another method to get your home, cars, businesses... Stuff like that. They might kill someone who is a member of another group to make a statement but killing an old man doesn't do that.

Edited by Slim King

9 hours ago, Slim King said:

Why do you think Cossey lied to the media? If gamblers kill you they never get their money. Logically they think of another method to get your home, cars, businesses... Stuff like that. They might kill someone who is a member of another group to make a statement but killing an old man doesn't do that.

Cossey was known to carry large amounts of cash on his person.

(edited)
11 hours ago, Slim King said:

So you are saying that it was on auto pilot but some of the features were shut off so the pilot could still say he was flying the plane?

No, that passage is not about NORJAK but the 727 in general.. Rataczak said he was manually flying the plane, he levelled and slowed the plane for Cooper just before he jumped... that proves it was at a minimum not on full autopilot settings.

It states that there are different modes and that some planes didn't even have altitude-capture.. 

The argument is that if it was on autopilot Rataczak wouldn't have felt the hijacker on the stairs and that might move the LZ.. this is false, Rataczak did feel the hijacker on the stairs and was manually flying the plane. Further, Rataczak joked about the crooked path of the plane because he was manually flying it,, that indicates no autopilot modes at all.

And 305 flying dirty with the rear stairs down is an extreme configuration, to fly in autopilot doesn't make any sense..

Edited by FLYJACK

10 hours ago, Slim King said:

Cossey was serial liar according to somebody who knew him well..

Cossey being killed because of the book Skyjack claiming Hayden supplied the chutes makes no sense.. Hayden supplying the chutes was no secret.. it was previously reported in the media, the FBI files and books.. 

In fact, in Tosaw's book it states Cossey told Lee that he had recently packed back chutes for somebody at Boeing field.. 

So, the back chutes and Hayden wasn't a secret, a coverup or any reason to murder Cossey..

Over the years Cossey told lies and different stories to different people including Carr and the FBI, it was his character.

There is no evidence his murder has anything to do with the Cooper case..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Cossey was serial liar according to somebody who knew him well..

Cossey being killed because of the book Skyjack claiming Hayden supplied the chutes makes no sense.. Hayden supplying the chutes was no secret.. it was previously reported in the media, the FBI files and books.. 

In fact, in Tosaw's book it states Cossey told Lee that he had recently packed back chutes for somebody at Boeing field.. 

So, the back chutes and Hayden wasn't a secret, a coverup or any reason to murder Cossey..

Over the years Cossey told lies and different stories to different people including Carr and the FBI, it was his character.

There is no evidence his murder has anything to do with the Cooper case..

That's not logical....

30 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I enjoyed the interview. I found Lisa Story to be credible, meaning that I believe that she believes what she is saying. But, that isn't rare among those with suspects. But, Reca wasn't Cooper.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Shill...

Lots of people have claimed to be Cooper, are related to him or knew him..

What is common in all these instances is zero evidence.. 

Nobody here will fall for your RECA/PECA nonsense, try the FACEBOOK group..

Edited by FLYJACK

40 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Shill...

Lots of people have claimed to be Cooper, are related to him or knew him..

What is common in all these instances is zero evidence.. 

Nobody here will fall for your RECA/PECA nonsense, try the FACEBOOK group..

I think you protest too much ...LOL What are you afraid of?

(edited)

Looks like J. Edgar Hoover, perhaps the most corrupt FBI in history, pushed the Air Force Flight Path right before his death. D.B. Cooper and Flight 305 has a great chapter on the flight path. It is virtually all testimony and no data at all. Where are the Black Boxes? Where is the radar data?

Edited by Slim King

16 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I think you protest too much ...LOL What are you afraid of?

Your immature and silly little digs don't work.

You have exposed yourself as a RECA shill,, everyone can see that. 

I just don't like shills and frauds, if you actually want to advocate for a suspect do it honestly and present a cogent argument.. you haven't because you can't. Instead, you rely on creating doubt, false information, crazy claims and a massive conspiracy theory involving virtually everyone... all of it not to advance case knowledge but to advance the Reca narrative.

So, you just clutter the forum with misinformation and disinformation. We have too many bad suspects to get bogged down in the nonsense..

The people here are too smart and informed to fall for your little scheme. Your audience is really the uniformed Cooper folks, they may be more susceptible to your agenda.

Reca/Peca was not Cooper, there is no evidence and the evidence presented is not just ridiculous, it is false. 

Carl pulled a scam, got a book published and now there is an incentive for people to shill for the Reca narrative.. with another book coming out.

Carl screwed up on the case facts because he was a poor researcher,, you repeated Carl's errors just like Reca did.. that was your downfall.

Nobody outside of the Reca camp thinks the plane flew East and Cooper wanted to jump out of the side door. Both are false.

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Nobody ... thinks... Cooper wanted to jump out of the side door.

Hmm, jumping out of the side door of a 727 seems like you'd run a pretty good chance (certainty?) of being sucked into the side engine. I wouldn't risk it, even for $200K.

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Your immature and silly little digs don't work.

You have exposed yourself as a RECA shill,, everyone can see that. 

I just don't like shills and frauds, if you actually want to advocate for a suspect do it honestly and present a cogent argument.. you haven't because you can't. Instead, you rely on creating doubt, false information, crazy claims and a massive conspiracy theory involving virtually everyone... all of it not to advance case knowledge but to advance the Reca narrative.

So, you just clutter the forum with misinformation and disinformation. We have too many bad suspects to get bogged down in the nonsense..

The people here are too smart and informed to fall for your little scheme. Your audience is really the uniformed Cooper folks, they may be more susceptible to your agenda.

Reca/Peca was not Cooper, there is no evidence and the evidence presented is not just ridiculous, it is false. 

Carl pulled a scam, got a book published and now there is an incentive for people to shill for the Reca narrative.. with another book coming out.

Carl screwed up on the case facts because he was a poor researcher,, you repeated Carl's errors just like Reca did.. that was your downfall.

Nobody outside of the Reca camp thinks the plane flew East and Cooper wanted to jump out of the side door. Both are false.

East is the normal flight plan and the flight crew was given the go ahead to 14.000 feet ... More than enough to go the safe way.

25 minutes ago, Slim King said:

East is the normal flight plan and the flight crew was given the go ahead to 14.000 feet ... More than enough to go the safe way.

305 did not go East, claiming so is ignorant of the case..

Why do you keep pushing something that is patently false?

You are just wasting peoples time with that nonsense.

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Where did that information come from?

Geez, I was afraid you would ask that, which is the reason I almost didn't answer. It was put out there quite a bit in the first year or two after Cossey's murder. But, unlike Flyjack, I read something and then I move on, instead of bookmarking it or saving it somewhere. I really should start doing that I guess. So, my answer is what it is, but I can't link it or give a source for it and quite honestly I don't have the time to dig it up. Bruce Smith could probably shed some light on it if you would reach out to him. 

However, there is simply no reason at this point - 9 years later, to think that Cossey's murder was related to the Cooper case.

43 minutes ago, ParrotheadVol said:

Geez, I was afraid you would ask that, which is the reason I almost didn't answer. It was put out there quite a bit in the first year or two after Cossey's murder. But, unlike Flyjack, I read something and then I move on, instead of bookmarking it or saving it somewhere. I really should start doing that I guess. So, my answer is what it is, but I can't link it or give a source for it and quite honestly I don't have the time to dig it up. Bruce Smith could probably shed some light on it if you would reach out to him. 

However, there is simply no reason at this point - 9 years later, to think that Cossey's murder was related to the Cooper case.

The murder is still unsolved. Someone mailed back his credit cards and all? Not a normal murder now is it? To say if it is or isn't related to D.B. Cooper isn't logical. You don't know. No evidence for this.

56 minutes ago, Slim King said:

The murder is still unsolved. Someone mailed back his credit cards and all? Not a normal murder now is it? To say if it is or isn't related to D.B. Cooper isn't logical. You don't know. No evidence for this.

You are correct, I do not know. I never said that I knew. What I said is that there is no reason to believe that his murder is related to the Cooper case. If someone presented something that suggested otherwise, then great. But other than wild speculation, there is nothing that points to his murder having anything to do with DB Cooper.

• Like 1