47 47
quade

DB Cooper

10 hours ago, Math of Insects said:

"I'm a back door man..."

O-ya the Doors they're good too ...

Any one want to entertain the provocation of what kind of music Coop's listened to and why?

My take on the Blues is...

Aww geez Dontcha know, if Tina were spot on and Coops had mid-western sensibilities then - for crying out loud - his taste would have evolved worlds away from the blues.

(Aww geez ,Dontcha know, crying out loud - that's Minnesotan wholesome slang)

Anyone have any songs that bring Coops to mind?

Edited by Cola

13 hours ago, Cola said:

O-ya the Doors they're good too ...

Any one want to entertain the provocation of what kind of music Coop's listened to and why?

My take on the Blues is...

Aww geez Dontcha know, if Tina were spot on and Coops had mid-western sensibilities then - for crying out loud - his taste would have evolved worlds away from the blues.

(Aww geez ,Dontcha know, crying out loud - that's Minnesotan wholesome slang)

Anyone have any songs that bring Coops to mind?

This is a fun question and it requires a little bit of thought...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Leaving the Vortex. Might be back someday. I still believe WJS is Cooper. Need two mods for Reddit, neutral people. If you think you should be one, you probably shouldn’t. IM me. Good luck all. 

We need you.

I think Chris used the metaphor of  "we all stand on the shoulders of giants". Ultimately all of us will help bring this case to a conclusion.

In this regard there is no question you are a contributor. No one doubts you are not invested or that you do not bring both unique insights and perspectives to the group.

This DNA and Stylometry stuff is not for everyone, but you seem to have a very good grasp on the technicals. 

I speak for myself in saying that I think there will be a deficiency here in the groups understanding if you were to pull away completely.

Take a few months off, but always know that whether your candidate is or is not Cooper ultimately your contributions  will help in some measure to resolve this case. 

Edited by Cola
  • Like 1

(edited)

For tongue and cheek, I'll throw out Leaving on Jet Plane by John Denver....

But as far as what music he listened to, it was a little tougher than I thought.  I was trying to figure out what music he was listening to as he was coming of age.  For me, I think I was set in my musical ways or taste by my late 20s.  If he was born roughly between 1920 and 1930, that puts him in his mid late 20s roughly between 1945 to 1955ish time frame.  So that kind of spans a dramatic shift in music from the end of the big band and crooner era into the early rock and roll era.  

In the end, I am going to go with the style of music that was more popular when he was younger man.  I think I can kind of see him listening to some "Old Blue Eyes"....I'm going with Sinatra. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if before he left for "the job", he dropped the needle on a little "My Way" !  He certainly did this job his way....

By the way, this is all in good fun, I know he was a criminal and I don't mean to romanticize him like a hero or something.  Maybe some day we will find out just who he was !!!

Edited by JAGdb