40 40
quade

DB Cooper

4 hours ago, Slim King said:

I told you I met and really liked Carl Lauren.  He was a very dedicated researcher. He spent tens of thousands of dollars on his investigation .....No secret there. I am checking out all the angles.. Asking the tough questions. I have no problem getting proven wrong. I also speculate and am skeptical at the same time. That's how cases are solved. I have ordered Vern Jones new book through Amazon as I think any real researcher would. But if you have already solved the case then please don't. I've never met Walter Reca so I have no reason to shill for him. Why would I ?

Reca is probably the worst Cooper suspect there is.. worse than Kenny Christiansen

The Reca team narrative is that the plane flew East, Cooper wanted to jump out the side door and it was big FBI coverup...  those are same things you are claiming. Coincidence?

The Reca team is only people that I know of that got the door wrong. Carl misread the FBI docs and got Reca to say the wrong door... oops.

Reca a not a legitimate suspect.

19 hours ago, Slim King said:

Am I the only parachutist here that has jumped in what you claim is the jump zone? I jumped in Toledo in 1979.

Still curious how you managed to make your first two jumps from 10k' in the '70's. I'm not challenging you, I'm genuinely interested. In those days it wouldn't have been too awfully far-fetched to have a jumper friend who had a pilot friend to just take you up, but you made a 'They wouldn't have allowed us to jump in bad weather' comment that sounded like you were at a normal jump school, which would have been doing static line programs. So...  ?

2 hours ago, Slim King said:

I think the guy who packed the chutes was caught out in a lie in this book. Within a year he's murdered.

Sort of, it was exposed early on in the newspapers that the back chutes came from Hayden.. everybody just forgot about it.. The FBI files were clear that the back chutes came from Hayden..  Cossey's lie was subtle. He claimed they were his, he did pack them and we don't know if he made/owned them before Hayden bought them. Cossey often lied to the media..

So, it wasn't a big secret that the back chutes came from Hayden,, everybody just lost track over the years. Exposing Hayden in "Skyjack" wasn't a big deal.. it was already out there. There was no coverup or reason to off Cossey. Apparently he was big gambler, that is more likely what got him killed..

Nov 26, 1971

1022964411_ScreenShot2022-08-22at4_43_19PM.png.5bdf773923d73d90d7da048d4b098703.png

1 minute ago, FLYJACK said:

Reca is probably the worst Cooper suspect there is.. worse than Kenny Christiansen

The Reca team narrative is that the plane flew East, Cooper wanted to jump out the side door and it was big FBI coverup...  those are same things you are claiming. Coincidence?

The Reca team is only people that I know of that got the door wrong. Carl misread the FBI docs and got Reca to say the wrong door... oops.

Reca a not a legitimate suspect.

Interesting .. Just a question here. Perhaps you can explain? Peca is the right age, knows the guy who packed the chutes(Later Murdered), Has jumped with the Seattle guys where the chutes were packed, is the right height ,weight, and has dark greenish eyes, knows other jumpers who were questioned by the FBI including his supposed get away driver, and looks like the very first sketch of DB Cooper, He works in Washington and is a metal welder......From the outside looking in, I wonder ... WHY didn't the FBI ever question him????????? It's another BLACK HOLE that gets my attention ... You think the FBI would interview every guy who ever jumped in the area... Especially a Barnstormer like Peca. They didn't "report" such an interview......  The key word is report.... I am totally open minded as to who did this. I have no dog in the fight. I don't always have to be right. I have read a whole bunch of books and I buy every new one. In addition... I was there...It's a mystery I want to solve.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Still curious how you managed to make your first two jumps from 10k' in the '70's. I'm not challenging you, I'm genuinely interested. In those days it wouldn't have been too awfully far-fetched to have a jumper friend who had a pilot friend to just take you up, but you made a 'They wouldn't have allowed us to jump in bad weather' comment that sounded like you were at a normal jump school, which would have been doing static line programs. So...  ?

My parents recently passed away. I went back to Longview Washington. My mother had saved just about everything from my school years and beyond. Even the love notes from my three HS girlfriends. She also kept a document they gave me from the Jump School. I can take a picture of the paper if you want.

Toledo Parachute Center

First Jump Certificate

This certifies that XXXXXXX has successfully completed ground and aerial training and performed a sport static line parachute jump in accordance with the Basic Safety Regulations of the United States Parachute Association.

Recognition of this achievement is herby given on this 25th day of March in the year 1979

Looks like the signature says Marilyn K. Imhof

C-9303

WSCR-60

Edited by Slim King

21 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Sort of, it was exposed early on in the newspapers that the back chutes came from Hayden.. everybody just forgot about it.. The FBI files were clear that the back chutes came from Hayden..  Cossey's lie was subtle. He claimed they were his, he did pack them and we don't know if he made/owned them before Hayden bought them. Cossey often lied to the media..

So, it wasn't a big secret that the back chutes came from Hayden,, everybody just lost track over the years. Exposing Hayden in "Skyjack" wasn't a big deal.. it was already out there. There was no coverup or reason to off Cossey. Apparently he was big gambler, that is more likely what got him killed..

Nov 26, 1971

1022964411_ScreenShot2022-08-22at4_43_19PM.png.5bdf773923d73d90d7da048d4b098703.png

Thanks for this information.  I actually lived in Woodland in the early 70's. Didn't Hayden say that he had two chutes that were exactly the same that he had sent to the hijacker? Just checking my information since Cossey often lied to the press.

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

Interesting .. Just a question here. Perhaps you can explain? Peca is the right age, knows the guy who packed the chutes(Later Murdered), Has jumped with the Seattle guys where the chutes were packed, is the right height ,weight, and has dark greenish eyes, knows other jumpers who were questioned by the FBI including his supposed get away driver, and looks like the very first sketch of DB Cooper, He works in Washington and is a metal welder......From the outside looking in, I wonder ... WHY didn't the FBI ever question him????????? It's another BLACK HOLE that gets my attention ... You think the FBI would interview every guy who ever jumped in the area... Especially a Barnstormer like Peca. They didn't "report" such an interview......  The key word is report.... I am totally open minded as to who did this. I have no dog in the fight. I don't always have to be right. I have read a whole bunch of books and I buy every new one. In addition... I was there...It's a mystery I want to solve.

I knew you were a Reca shill....  just asking questions are you.

Reca or Peca can be eliminated based on the side door error, his accent/speech, the LZ, I have other evidence unique to Cooper that eliminates him.. 

What does knowing Cossey have to do with anything.. or jumping in Seattle..

Age, height, weight and parachute experience could be tens of thousands of guys...

He is not Cooper.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

I knew you were a Reca shill....  just asking questions are you.

Reca or Peca can be eliminated based on the side door error, his accent/speech, the LZ, I have other evidence unique to Cooper that eliminates him.. 

What does knowing Cossey have to do with anything.. or jumping in Seattle..

Age, height, weight and parachute experience could be tens of thousands of guys...

He is not Cooper.

NOW who sounds like a shill.........LOL (How did the FBI know anything that you just stated?) And WHY didn't they bother to question him? I would ask the same for any suspect.

Edited by Slim King

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Slim King said:

NOW who sounds like a shill.........LOL (How did the FBI know anything that you just stated?)

I am not speaking for the FBI. I am addressing the facts.

Obviously, you are going to say it was all a big FBI coverup...

Edited by FLYJACK

4 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Thanks for this information.  I actually lived in Woodland in the early 70's. Didn't Hayden say that he had two chutes that were exactly the same that he had sent to the hijacker? Just checking my information since Cossey often lied to the press.

He told Bruce he thought were the same but he never looked at the chutes inside..

So, the same means similar not exactly the same.

Both were Pioneers. Different colours.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

He told Bruce he thought were the same but he never looked at the chutes inside..

So, the same means similar not exactly the same.

Both were Pioneers. Different colours.

So DB took one of two shutes that look identical from the outside. Is this true? Except for the color.

Edited by Slim King

9 minutes ago, Slim King said:

So DB took one of two shutes that look identical from the outside. Is this true? Except for the color.

My research shows that he took the slightly newer one after checking the packing cards,

Nobody else figured this out including the FBI.

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

First Jump Certificate

Thank you for the answer. Yep, that's a standard USPA First Jump Certificate from the era. I don't need a picture of it, I have one just like it. I made my first jump exactly one month later, April 25 1979, at Perris Valley in southern California. But note that it does indeed say a 'static line' jump. That would have been made at between 2800' and 3500' AGL, not 10k. Your first post said 10k, apparently erroneously, which is what piqued my interest. BSBD!

-------

Condolences on the passing of your parents. I went through that a few years ago. It's tough.

46 minutes ago, dudeman17 said:

Thank you for the answer. Yep, that's a standard USPA First Jump Certificate from the era. I don't need a picture of it, I have one just like it. I made my first jump exactly one month later, April 25 1979, at Perris Valley in southern California. But note that it does indeed say a 'static line' jump. That would have been made at between 2800' and 3500' AGL, not 10k. Your first post said 10k, apparently erroneously, which is what piqued my interest. BSBD!

-------

Condolences on the passing of your parents. I went through that a few years ago. It's tough.

Losing parents is something I wasn't prepared for. Thanks for your concern....It was my first experience and they told us we'd be jumping at 10,000 feet. When I jumped I could see Mt. St. Helens pretty well and it seemed I was at that level. I climbed out onto a small peg and held on to the strut of the wing and did a superman dive when they told me. I would have been looking up to see the mountain if I was as low as 3000 feet. We had been in training most of the time so the jump was in late afternoon when I believed Cooper wanted to jump. I'm not very good at communicating on the web. The thing about jumping in a storm was just a joke between the pilot and myself. Must not have translated very well. Just trying to be funny. There were two other experienced jumpers in the plane. They jumped right after we did. (I went with my hairdresser, she dared me to do it)

(edited)
2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

My research shows that he took the slightly newer one after checking the packing cards,

Nobody else figured this out including the FBI.

I think you are correct!!!! So many times I've heard the phrase "Pack your own chute"... Why do you think Cooper didn't bring his own chute like McCoy did?

Edited by Slim King

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I think you are correct!!!! So many times I've heard the phrase "Pack your own chute"... Why do you think Cooper didn't bring his own chute like McCoy did?

Let me guess RECA/PECA...   

But sadly you are wrong Cooper thought the chutes were coming from McChord... and Cooper never specified where the chutes were to come from.

They were having trouble contacting the right people Thanksgiving eve at McChord and somebody (not FBI) reached out to Cossey at home,, who said get them from Issaquah (backs too),, meanwhile Hayden was also contacted and agreed to send in the two backs, Linn Emerick was told that they only needed the fronts. Cossey didn't know that his backs were not used until later but he just never corrected the record.

So, I guess McChord, NWA, Emrich and Hayden are in on the coverup as well..

Edited by FLYJACK

34 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Let me guess RECA/PECA...   

But sadly you are wrong Cooper thought the chutes were coming from McChord... and Cooper never specified where the chutes were to come from.

They were having trouble contacting the right people Thanksgiving eve at McChord and somebody (not FBI) reached out to Cossey at home,, who said get them from Issaquah (backs too),, meanwhile Hayden was also contacted and agreed to send in the two backs, Linn Emerick was told that they only needed the fronts. Cossey didn't know that his backs were not used until later but he just never corrected the record.

So, I guess McChord, NWA, Emrich and Hayden are in on the coverup as well..

Why would you think that?

(edited)
9 hours ago, Slim King said:

Why would you think that?

because you are shilling for Reca...

When Carl fed the case info to Reca for his recordings he made a big error and got the side door and rear bulkhead door mixed up. He misunderstood the FBI information, either from the files or media reports. He also got the flightpath completely wrong, the plane never went East.. that was it,, The Reca story is BS.. add in Reca's speech/cadence, grade 8 education, it is a joke. Reca was not Cooper and Lauren pulled a scam.

It is like somebody claiming to have assassinated Kennedy with a knife in Fort Worth, Texas... then when caught being wrong claim an FBI coverup.

People shill for suspects all the time but don't pretend you're not.

When you got the door wrong, you exposed your agenda.

At least pick a legitimate suspect..

Edited by FLYJACK

(edited)
2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

because you are shilling for Reca...

When Carl fed the case info to Reca for his recordings he made a big error and got the side door and rear bulkhead door mixed up. He misunderstood the FBI information, either from the files or media reports. He also got the flightpath completely wrong, the plane never went East.. that was it,, The Reca story is BS.. add in Reca's speech/cadence, grade 8 education, it is a joke. Reca was not Cooper and Lauren pulled a scam.

It is like somebody claiming to have assassinated Kennedy with a knife in Fort Worth, Texas... then when caught being wrong claim an FBI coverup.

People shill for suspects all the time but don't pretend you're not.

When you got the door wrong, you exposed your agenda.

At least pick a legitimate suspect..

I shill for no one but it looks like you do. What is your proof that Carl fed the case to Peca? I'll wait. Heading east is the normal route to Reno. The pass is 3100 feet. I used to live there on Snoqualmie pass. No reason to go any other way. As I said ... I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't always have to be right, like some on this forum...LOL

Edited by Slim King

(edited)
2 hours ago, Slim King said:

I shill for no one but it looks like you do. What is your proof that Carl fed the case to Peca? I'll wait. Heading east is the normal route to Reno. The pass is 3100 feet. I used to live there on Snoqualmie pass. No reason to go any other way. As I said ... I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't always have to be right, like some on this forum...LOL

Yes, guilty, I am a shill for the truth...

It doesn't matter what the route to Reno could be.. it wasn't East. 

Carl researched the case before the Reca tapes, he even talked to Carr.. In the interview tapes he clearly led Reca who seemed like he had early onset dementia..

Unfortunately, Carl's research was poor and he got the facts wrong which Reca repeated. Reca is a manufactured narrative that doesn't fit the case evidence, end of story. I have evidence that eliminates Reca and most of the high profile suspects.

but advocating for a suspect in an intellectually honest way is fine..

You are not, you are a shill. You have an agenda.

Why,

You claim to be just asking questions and using logic. This is dishonest.

You mimic the Reca narrative including the gross errors.

You are trying to undermine established facts that contradict the Reca narrative to breath oxygen into it..  Reca CPR....  paddles,, clear...

You have ignored any criticism or problems with the Reca narrative.

You aggressively defend the Reca narrative when challenged including gross errors.

You claim you are neutral, but everything you post is designed to support the Reca narrative.

Do you really think we are that stupid..

The Reca/Peca story is a joke, it is made up and patched together with chewing gum and pine beetle spit,, there are no facts to support Reca being Cooper, just claims and the crucial facts presented do not fit the evidence..

Reca is easily eliminated...

istockphoto-1126471885-170667a.jpg.14970ba8450938a9d162117066698013.jpg

Edited by FLYJACK

35 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Yes, guilty, I am a shill for the truth...

It doesn't matter what the route to Reno could be.. it wasn't East. 

Carl researched the case before the Reca tapes, he even talked to Carr.. In the interview tapes he clearly led Reca who seemed like he had early onset dementia..

Unfortunately, Carl's research was poor and he got the facts wrong which Reca repeated. Reca is a manufactured narrative that doesn't fit the case evidence, end of story. I have evidence that eliminates Reca and most of the high profile suspects.

but advocating for a suspect in an intellectually honest way is fine..

You are not, you are a shill. You have an agenda.

Why,

You claim to be just asking questions and using logic. This is dishonest.

You mimic the Reca narrative including the gross errors.

You are trying to undermine established facts that contradict the Reca narrative to breath oxygen into it..  Reca CPR....  paddles,, clear...

You have ignored any criticism or problems with the Reca narrative.

You aggressively defend the Reca narrative when challenged including gross errors.

You claim you are neutral, but everything you post is designed to support the Reca narrative.

Do you really think we are that stupid..

The Reca/Peca story is a joke, it is made up and patched together with chewing gum and pine beetle spit,, there are no facts to support Reca being Cooper, just claims and the crucial facts presented do not fit the evidence..

Reca is easily eliminated...

istockphoto-1126471885-170667a.jpg.14970ba8450938a9d162117066698013.jpg

rotflmao.....I'm 100% neutral. However it seems you can't answer the important questions so you melt down. I have no dog in the fight. There seems to be a lot more evidence to review for McCoy and Peca/Reca than any other suspect so I'm following those stories now. The distance from Seatac to the drop zone is basically the same as the distance from Seatac to Cle Elum. Only a fool wouldn't look into the possibility. You say yo have proof it's not Peca ... I'm ALL EARS!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Slim King said:

rotflmao.....I'm 100% neutral. However it seems you can't answer the important questions so you melt down. I have no dog in the fight. There seems to be a lot more evidence to review for McCoy and Peca/Reca than any other suspect so I'm following those stories now. The distance from Seatac to the drop zone is basically the same as the distance from Seatac to Cle Elum. Only a fool wouldn't look into the possibility. You say yo have proof it's not Peca ... I'm ALL EARS!!!!!

You aren't neutral and I do have proof Reca isn't Cooper.

I have lots of research I am holding back.

The plane did not fly to Cle Elum, it is absurd to claim it did.

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Slim King said:

After 50 years it seems the FBI is so Unbelievably Inept that they can't solve the case or they really never wanted to. I find it hard to believe they are that Inept. So I'm leaning towards option number two.

Its quite simple - has nothing to do with competence vs incompetence. Cooper was either nowhere where people looked or he was not identifiable and got overlooked. Could be a combination of both of those. I always go back to the Unabomber and how long it took to connect dots and find Ted. In the end its was Ted's family that brought him to the attention of LE in spite of a massive manhunt. Once he came to the FBI's attention, the dots connected very quickly with 100% certainty. In Ted's own village he was very well known and suspected of crimes. Outside his village he was hardly known at all and forgotten. DB Cooper might have been one of those forgotten people who was never identified. In some small village he may have been well known. Its the same in every venue of discovery including Science and Criminology.

Edited by georger
  • Like 1