18 18
quade

DB Cooper

BruceSmith

***William Gossett as Cooper: I think at some point GC realized that he was flogging a dead horse. He used pictures taken years before the hijacking as comparison for Cooper.

See the attached picture. It shows Gossett at his retirement ceremony at Ft. Lewis, WA only 18 months after the hijacking.

Think he's Cooper? If an Army guy still on active service had pulled off the hijacking, the FBI would have figured it out long ago. ;)

Active duty? Where did you get that, Bobby?

I thought Gossett was at Weber State College on November 24, 1971 and scheduled to teach his ROTC classes. His presence on campus has not been confirmed to my knowledge. I understand that he has been mustered out of the Army several months before.

You know differently? Please tell. Or is this the ram-jet parachute of Wolfie Truth-Telling?

Just askin'.

Wink-wink, Rikesie!!

Wink-wink. If he was mustered out 'months before,' (date of the hijacking) then why did they give him a retirement ceremony eighteen months after the hijacking? He's in uniform at the ceremony as well.

It's just my opinion, but I think if the hijacking had been pulled off by someone in the military, who was associated actively in some capacity with the military around the time of the crime, the FBI would have figured it out long ago.

Let's face facts. Once Cook went with "I have emails from Skipp Porteous!" and "The Janet Fable," and "I'm bringing Bernie Geestman to the Auburn Ave Theater with a process server!" He lost all credibility. When he realized his mistake and was faced with having his posts sent to the Washington State Bar Association, he bailed from Shutter's website in a quick-fast New York hurry.

This is the person who claims Gossett was the hijacker. Enough said. :)

"...the Seattle FBI isn't perfect, although I think they do a pretty damn good job...."

Why do you say that, Bobby? What have they done a pretty damn good job of?

1. Record-keeping, like the details of the chutes or who sat in Row 18?

2. Maintaining up-to-date contact information on witnesses, such as Flo's phone number?

3. Processing leads, such as from Marla?

4. Transparency and appropriate dealings with the public, such as when they've been sued by the Ingrams, Galen, and Norman?

5. Securing evidence, such as the cigarette butts, or the shards from Tina Bar?

Just askin'.

"...If he was mustered out 'months before,' (date of the hijacking) then why did they give him a retirement ceremony eighteen months after the hijacking? He's in uniform at the ceremony as well..."

I ain't advocating for Gossett, Bobby. I'm just asking for the facts of his DBC suspect-hood.

You said he was in active military service. I said, Hunh?!

BruceSmith

"...If he was mustered out 'months before,' (date of the hijacking) then why did they give him a retirement ceremony eighteen months after the hijacking? He's in uniform at the ceremony as well..."

I ain't advocating for Gossett, Bobby. I'm just asking for the facts of his DBC suspect-hood.

You said he was in active military service. I said, Hunh?!

Well, he's wearing a uniform at his retirement ceremony in 1973. That is some time after the hijacking. You're asking the wrong guy. You should ask Cook for clarification. He's the expert on Gossett, and the one who published the picture on the internet, right?

Always go to the source.

RobertMBlevins

My name isn't 'Bobby' and you should ask the Seattle FBI these questions. Always go to the source. ;)

Don't any of you actually go out there and question sources, make inquiries, ask for clarification from these sources? This is not a real good policy if you're actually seeking the truth.

Bobby, you are driving me crazy! I am asking you about you and your observations!!!

You said the FBI was doing a p.d.g.j. and I asked why.

Can't you simply answer the question?

"...Well, he's wearing a uniform at his retirement ceremony in 1973. That is some time after the hijacking. You're asking the wrong guy. You should ask Cook for clarification. He's the expert on Gossett, and the one who published the picture on the internet, right?..."

Contrary to popular opinion, Galen and I rarely talk about Gossett. He wants to keep the juicy stuff for his book, and I'm not that ga-ga-goo-goo over Gossett, so I get all my stuff from John Craig. He says Weber State College on November 24, 1971.

smokin99

1) Due to a number of key statements made by the hijacker, it is almost certain he was either FROM the Puget Sound area, or had lived there for an extended time.

Smokin99: Or it shows that he planned the hijacking and knew it from looking at a map. As Robert99 notes, the only factual conclusion that can be drawn is that Cooper knew the approximate driving time from McChord AFB to SEATAC. There is nothing that says how he knew this and you definitely have nothing to make this "almost certain". Speculation that he took the flight previously is only speculation that he took the flight previously. Tells us nothing about where he was from or his personal familiarity with the area. Plus maybe he did take a previous flight but maybe it was to familiarize himself with sights and distances so that he could make them THINK he was from the area?

2) Unless Cooper went into a river or lake, it is likely some evidence of him on the ground would have turned up by now.

For someone that lives in that area you should know that there have been numerous reports of whole planes going missing and have never been found. Google it.

3) Working under the premise of Point 2, this narrows things down to one of two scenarios. Cooper died in water and was never found, or...Cooper made it to the ground and got away. The possibility he died on the ground is much less likely.

See response to number 2 – in addition to planes, also google bones found in Washington and Oregon and how long the person had been missing/dead before they were found.

4) One of the biggest, and yet least-discussed mysteries is that of the missing non-working reserve chute. If it couldn't be attached or used, and wasn't found on the aircraft in Reno, then WHERE is it? This is also an item that would possibly float, even if it landed in the water. This is also the most likely item that would ever turn up in the future, perhaps stumbled upon by a hunter someday. The premise being: If it couldn't be attached and later came up missing, perhaps the hijacker just tossed it out the back of the aircraft before he jumped.

I agree with Robert99 – meaningless unless it turns up tomorrow in his boney hand. if he threw it out ahead of his jump, which is the only time that he could have thrown it out if he didn’t take it with him, what would this narrow down? If he threw it out when he first opened the door, it could be far away from where he finally jumped.

5) The hijacker's intention was to jump much further north than he actually did, otherwise he would not have requested that the airstairs be in the down position at takeoff. This is an added indicator he was probably from the Puget Sound area.

I agree that his intention was most likely to jump pretty soon after takeoff, and one indication of that could be that he requested that the stairs be down -- but it is not the only reason he might have made this request, and you definitely can't make the leap that this makes it likely he was from the Puget Sound area. You are making speculations and labeling them as probable truths based on nothing. Where he wanted to jump could have been solely based on what he had researched and planned to do and nothing at all with where he was from.

6) The parachutes provided to Cooper were not owned by Earl Cossey, nor did he deliver them to the airport. Cossey has claimed these things for years, and this calls into question why the FBI would use him alone to identify any possible chute finds. Since Cossey was not truthful on these points for decades, it also questions his motivation to correctly identify any chutes brought to him by the FBI. He either may not have been able to ID them, or may not have WANTED to.

Cossey, as a master rigger, and the one who packed the chutes was in the better position to identify the chutes than the owner, who says he never used the chute. I ‘ve already given logical rasons why Cossey said that they were his chutes, but that is really not relevant as to whether he was in the better position of describing and/or identifying the chutes. Additionally, the FBI did not “admit” to only talking to other experts by phone. That is something you claim from piecing together articles, and making supposition but it never actually says that. The primary articles say that “the conclusion was based on a totality of the evidence, and NOT just the opinion of Cossey, …..that several other experts who stepped forward after the find were consulted.” Please provide proof that the FBI ever admits that additional experts were “only” consulted by phone.

7) Assuming that the REAL Cooper attended the annual celebration in Ariel at least ONCE over the years...someone out there probably has a picture of him and doesn't even know it.

Speculation no doubt based on wishful thinking. It’s also been speculated that there are aliens in refrigeration at Area 51. Jeez for you to even put that on a list titled 10 things we can assume to be true is just plain silly.

8) If Cooper lived, the lowest point of his life was probably November 26, 1976...when the TV news announced that the FBI had successfully obtained a John Doe warrant (at the very last minute) that bypassed the Statute of Limitations.

I imagine the lowest point of his life if he lived, was that he didn’t get to keep all (or maybe any) of the money. If he did worry, which we have no way of knowing -- he has no doubt relaxed now since he still hasn’t been found. And I hate to tell you (from your response to R99 - but federal judges ave been known to bypass the Constitution more than a few times. That’s why cases are overturned in appeal and supreme courts.

9) If Cooper went into the Columbia River and died, the most likely place today where any evidence of him would be found is NOT the river. It would be along the coast near the mouth of the Columbia. For example, when you see those logs piled up on the shores along the coast, they come from the rivers, not from across the ocean. Items coming down rivers in Washington and Oregon have a habit of later washing up on the coast beaches.

Unless he is being held down by trees or other obstacles. Items that enter the Columbia River might wash up, but many are also just never found. Again – google Columbia River suspected drownings and boat wrecks and you will find multiple instances where the body and debris was never found.

10) There has never been any consistent agreement by the witnesses, or by law enforcement personnel on three basic items: What the hijacker looked like exactly, the weather the evening of the hijacking, and the hijacker's general demeanor while he was on board the aircraft. The descriptions do differ, and there have been reports it stormed that night, as well as ones saying the weather was moderate, and depending on who you talk to, that the hijacker was polite, or was abusive and threatening.

I will agree on parts of this one - there have been multiple witness descriptions of the weather . As to the hijacker's demeanor, I think only Himmelsbach subscribes to the theory that he was overall abusive and threatening (though I don’t remember if those are his words).

The crew makes reference to one or two instances when the hijacker was forceful and getting upset - example when he thought they were stalling, - but overall Flo and Tina spent the most time with him and they say that he was not the nasty character that Himmelsbach claims. I believe words like calm and polite were used.

As for the descriptions: the three attendants' descriptions - which I believe the most weight should be given to:
Flo said 6 feet - 6'1"". Tina said 5-ten to 6 feet. As for the suit – dark brown with a black stripe might actually look black to someone. I think we can safely say the suit was dark, the shirt was white, and the tie was black. Additionally, both Tina and Flo said straight hair – Flo said parted on left, Tina said narrow sideburns. We are not told whether they differed with each other on the sideburns and part. AS for dk brown or black - hair - again I think that this can be safely described as dark brown/black without any quibble. In certain light and to certain people, dark brown looks black. As a child my hair was so black that it looked blue. As I got older it changed to more of a darkest brown but people still called it black. Point being I don't think it would have made my description wrong if someone said black or dk brown- it had elements of both.

As for the eyes, I have been doing an experiment for a couple of years (unscientific I know -- but most people that I have asked (and I've asked quite a few) describe even dark hazel eyes as hazel though a few have said hazel brown as opposed to hazel green) - but no one has ever said that a person with any degree of hazel was brown - they always preface it with "hazel".

As for identikit differences, Geoff’s book only gives complete identikit info for Alice Hancock, I don’t think he gave complete info for Flo and none for Tina - though I'm basing that on memory.

I'm not well versed in each of the identikit numbers, are you? Is Gray? Gray alludes that the descriptions are different because of the different identikit numbers - but how do you or Geoff know that the numbers they chose aren’t virtually identical except for some small something?

As far as I know, there is nothing that Gray reports - other than the one other passenger description - that changes the basic / general description that was given out at the beginning. That’s what a composite is – you take the most relevant and most cited descriptions and go from there. But aside from that, I don't know if there is anything to suggest that the original description that the FBI originally put out was grossly incorrect.

Having said that -- when I first read the original article on KC by Gray, I thought he favored the composite. I still do, but I can’t make the descriptive stuff that doesn’t fit go away – nor can I or you do anything more than speculate about KC's role in a hijacking.

If we want to assume speculations as truth, then Tina probably saw the guy standing the most and in the closest proximity – plus she had herself as a measuring stick -- so by that reasoning, why not say that the hijacker had to be taller than 5’10?

Most of the 10 things you say that we can assume to be true are just pure speculation and no more or less probable than that. Really, don't you think this case has enough myths without proclamations of what "we" can assume to be true without any basis in fact.

I pretty much agree with what the "99"s said (Smokin, Robert). As for the russet suit issue, anybody who spends any amount of time around vintage clothing via thrift stores and estate sales has seen sun faded black suits and tuxes. Black fabric, when exposed to sunlight, takes on a reddish brown hue over time. This can also happen with bleaching or over-washing. Maybe the Cooper suspect spent some time in a sunny climate, say Mexico. Or maybe his suit was older and had been washed many times.

"...I pretty much agree with what the "99"s said (Smokin, Robert). As for the russet suit issue, anybody who spends any amount of time around vintage clothing via thrift stores and estate sales has seen sun faded black suits and tuxes. Black fabric, when exposed to sunlight, takes on a reddish brown hue over time. This can also happen with bleaching or over-washing. Maybe the Cooper suspect spent some time in a sunny climate, say Mexico. Or maybe his suit was older and had been washed many times..."

All good points, Nimi Wrecks, but I suggest we take a closer look at the russet jacket and all that comes with it from Mr. Robert Gregory, the passenger who is the source of the "russet jacket" tidbit.

Gregory also claims Cooper had marcelled hair, was in his mid-30s, and stood at 5'9" tops. These are all outliers on the DBC profile.

Plus, no one ever heard of this stuff until Geoffrey Gray popularized the info in 2011 in Skyjack. So, who is Robert Gregory and why is GG so ga-ga over him?

As is so common with Geoff, he bases his stuff on a FBI file that he has stumbled across, or was given (!?) in his perusal amongst the Norjak mother lode. GG treats this kinds of information as absolute truth, and offers no discerning analysis of whether it is factual or a clerical glitch. I say the FBI file as presented by Geoffrey is ka-ka because it describes Robert Gregory as sitting in the same row as the skyjacker.

However, the Seattle Times posted an interview with Gregory on the day after the skyjacking where Gregory admits he only saw the skyjacker from the front of the plane as he stood to disembark, along with the other 35 passengers. Okay, so 18 rows is the maximum distance between the two guys, but still - after a 3.5 hour flight and the rush to get off the plane, that's a little iffy for announcing a dramatically different view of Cooper than Tina's.

Plus, we have plenty of confirmation that only Bill Mitchell, Cooper, Tina and Flo sat in Row 18.

Do you really think Geoffrey Gray doesn't know who was sitting in Row 18? If so, then maybe he should tell us why he doesn't know. How can one of the foremosts authors on Cooper be so ignorant?

So, an equally important question is why has Geoffrey Gray introduced the russet jacket into our discussion?

Is this the concrete evidence of a quid pro quo by the Bureau? If you wanna look at the files you're gonna have to write what we want you to?

Is the russet jacket, marcelled hair, 5-9 and mid 30s an act of misdirection by the FBI via GG?

Who benefits from us talking about a russet jacket?

How come no one else is talking about this canard? How come GG isn't writing about Robert Gregory and these dynamics? I was in Tacoma with Geoffrey when "Uncle Robert's" family introduced themselves to the crowd. Where was GG's follow-up?

Nevertheless, I asked the family where Uncle Robert was sitting and they didn't know. That suggests to me that those details were not too important to Uncle R, and he never relayed them to his adoring relatives.

After all, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. That's what my father always said, and he lived by that truth. I suppose Uncle Robert did as well.

'As is so common with Geoff, he bases his stuff on a FBI file that he has stumbled across, or was given (!?) in his perusal amongst the Norjak mother lode. GG treats this kinds of information as absolute truth, and offers no discerning analysis of whether it is factual or a clerical glitch. I say the FBI file as presented by Geoffrey is ka-ka because it describes Robert Gregory as sitting in the same row as the skyjacker...'

Gray has said that he was allowed access to the original witness reports. (The statements from witnesses that were taken and written out by FBI agents in Reno and Seattle) I also checked all references in Gray's book that refer to Gregory. He is only mentioned three times. First...on a page where Gray says he almost missed the flight, was the last to board, and sat across from the hijacker. Second, when Gregory gives his description of the hijacker on page 92. Third, when Gray references Gregory's description of the hijacker again near the end of the book. That's it. No other references.

From what I can tell, it sounds like Gray made a mistake in the book when he said Gregory sat across from the hijacker because we know it was actually Bill Mitchell.

I suppose it's possible that Gregory saw the hijacker if he used the restroom or something. They were up there for a few hours, after all. I don't know though...I think this is a question for Geoff Gray. Sounds like he forgot that he had already put Mitchell in the same seat, because he talks a lot more about Bill Mitchell being in that seat, and what he does while he is there. Gregory is only mentioned regarding that seat the one time and then never again. Sounds like he mixed them up a bit there. The book editor should have caught that one.

Was sent.

'Hi Geoff,

Some folks have been discussing a glitch in Skyjack. Looks like you accidentally put witnesses Robert Gregory and Bill Mitchell in the same seat. Check your Index under Gregory. Three references. First one says Gregory was last to board and sat across from the hijacker. Second one is Gregory giving his Cooper description, (page 92) and final reference is near the end of the book where you reference Gregory's description of the hijacker again.

Yet...you go into a lot of detail about Mitchell sitting across from Cooper. You know how it is...Cooper folk jumped all over that one. If you have an explanation, I would be happy to pass it on for you.

Sincerely, Robert'

I took the day off tomorrow. Birthday thing and all. I thought for years I was half-Irish too. Then my mother did a complete download and assembly of a huge notebook of material and pictures of our family from Ancestry dot com. Dates back to the mid 1700's and some pictures were Civil War era. She sent me a copy mounted in this big photo album. Found out I was half-Scottish, not Irish.

Bummer. Half-Irish and a birthday on St. Paddy's I thought was very cool. WAS. Unfortunately, no. [:/]

You at least have to take into consideration that you might be hung up on semantics about ownership when it is quite possible that Earl Cossey, as a master rigger who handled and packed the chutes, knew more about the parachutes than Norman Hayden who, by his own account, had never used it.

I have some information that was mailed to me by Cossey & we I had several conversations. I needed to know what the chute looked like & most importantly the hardware on the chute.

Cossey sent me some pages of pictures with a short NOTE - which I still have somewhere in all of this crap...

The pictures are of the same type of chute that Cooper wore & with the same connectors - forgive me, but I have forgotten the name of them.

I was supposed to have mailed a copy of the pictures to 377, but still have not done so...Cossey said the chute was exactly like the one he repack for the other guy...who owned the chutes.

He was a very matter of fact man & not one time did he tell me he owned the chutes - just that he packed them. Maybe someday if I am able I can dig into the old files & make a copy & mail it to 377 as I promised so long ago...

Cossey did NOT deliver the chutes - to the airport. From what I remember of what he told me he took them someplace & someone else delivered them to the airport...but Cossey never claimed to have delivered the chutes to the airport. Something about their going to the wrong place.

I had several phone calls with Cossey.
Why I call him a Spitfire. He could be short with words, but he was also kind at the same time. I always wanted to meet him.

I never understood why it always sounded like he was in the wind when we spoke. Now I know it was because he was in an open car - probably a convertible. He was always on his cell....he was always on the road and in a hurry...always going some place.

He & his wife were no longer living together...the last time we spoke.

I do not remember how many conversations we had over the yrs & he was only home a couple of the times. One not long before I learned he was killed.

I always apologized for intruding into his life. He was very nice he realized I could not understand what he was telling me & sent me those pictures with a note...I thanked him for those pictures.

A picture is worth a 1000 words - and I was very grateful for his taking the time to do this for me....

He finally got it - I was an old woman who had never seen a chute up close or opened or on a human being. I remember he even chuckled at that.

He was at home the last time we spoke...I had called him about something I thought he should know about.

That last time I spoke to him it was only briefly - he had his phone, but had left his keys on the counter...I had called him to tell him something important. He thought he heard something.

That was the last time I spoke to him. I will alway remember him with fondness. It was not too long after that call I learned he had been killed.

Like the authorities I do not believe Cossey's death was intentional. I do NOT think that Cossey was a careless person - who would have left his house unlocked. My last call to him was to warn him about Bruce....

I wish I had records of my phone calls but with the unlimited I do not...then I would know the last time he & I spoke. It was after Bruce interviewed the other guy.

He had left his keys on the counter but had his cell with him and he heard something...told me to call him back...but I didn't. Next thing I know he is dead.....

Maybe I was the last person to talk to Cossey before he died....I don't know but it was not long before I found he had been murdered.

FACT or FICTION! Someone knows!

Remember I was spooked because about a wk or so later a car unknown to me was coming down my street in the early morning hours...about 1 or 2 am.

Large older white car...either a Caddy or Lincoln. I contacted the Sheriff's office ...and the car never showed up again.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Cossey was killed in his garage. Blunt-force trauma. Probably surprised a burglar.

You know...I sent a Google Map to the King County Sheriffs Department, Major Cases, showing where three other burglaries had happened in the two-week period prior to Cossey's murder. One happened not even a two-minute walk to his house. The others were within no more than three or four blocks. On one of the burglaries witnesses saw a guy fleeing on a red motorcycle. I assembled this information using the police blotter entries from Woodinville's online paper, The Woodinville Patch. On those blotter entries, they always give the address of the burglary, what was taken, etc.

They totally blew me off.

Yeah? Really? KOMO-TV news in Seattle ran a short bit last summer saying the Justice Department in Seattle had said the King County Sheriffs Department had a poor record solving Major Cases. :S

Later, I suggested to the Sheriffs Department that they allow former homicide detective Joe Kenda ('Homicide Hunter' TV show) to examine the case files. They got a little miffed at me. B|

More recently, I submitted the case to the show Cold Justice, you know...the two women who go around solving old cases. But you're supposed to be a family member or law enforcement to submit a case, so it probably went nowhere. If any of you know how to get hold of one of Cossey's family, maybe you should contact them and suggest they submit their case to the show. There is an online form they use on their official website.

http://www.tntdrama.com/series/cold-justice/tips/

RobertMBlevins

'As is so common with Geoff, he bases his stuff on a FBI file that he has stumbled across, or was given (!?) in his perusal amongst the Norjak mother lode. GG treats this kinds of information as absolute truth, and offers no discerning analysis of whether it is factual or a clerical glitch. I say the FBI file as presented by Geoffrey is ka-ka because it describes Robert Gregory as sitting in the same row as the skyjacker...'

Gray has said that he was allowed access to the original witness reports. (The statements from witnesses that were taken and written out by FBI agents in Reno and Seattle) I also checked all references in Gray's book that refer to Gregory. He is only mentioned three times. First...on a page where Gray says he almost missed the flight, was the last to board, and sat across from the hijacker. Second, when Gregory gives his description of the hijacker on page 92. Third, when Gray references Gregory's description of the hijacker again near the end of the book. That's it. No other references.

From what I can tell, it sounds like Gray made a mistake in the book when he said Gregory sat across from the hijacker because we know it was actually Bill Mitchell.

I suppose it's possible that Gregory saw the hijacker if he used the restroom or something. They were up there for a few hours, after all. I don't know though...I think this is a question for Geoff Gray. Sounds like he forgot that he had already put Mitchell in the same seat, because he talks a lot more about Bill Mitchell being in that seat, and what he does while he is there. Gregory is only mentioned regarding that seat the one time and then never again. Sounds like he mixed them up a bit there. The book editor should have caught that one.

Wrongo, Bobby-o.

In 2013 at the Tacoma symposium, Geoff showed up the FBI file that detailed Gregory's id stuff. The feds got it mixed up.

Now, the questions are several:

1. How did the feds get it mixed up? Did Gregory lie to them?

Or did the FBI agent mix up Gregory's and Mitchell's statements, AND there was no supervision to correct the mix-up?

Or, did the feds get Gregory's ID correct in 1971 and knew he didn't see much reliably, but in 2011 they fudged it as part of a smoke-and-mirrors operation to sabotage Norjak?

Or, did Geoffrey craft the Ka-Ka all on his own AND thought he could get away with it, ie: no one would keep track of who was sitting in Row 18? Remember, Himmelsbach still gets it mixed up, and puts Cooper in 18C.

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I DO know that two guys can't sit in the same seat unless they are really friendly or something. :)
That was my point. Gray has both of them basically in the same place when there can only be one. Since he went into much greater detail on Mitchell sitting across from Cooper than he did with Gregory, it's obvious that MITCHELL was actually the one in the seat across from Cooper. I merely asked Gray to straighten all that out.
I wouldn't go into conspiracy mode on it quite yet. :)
On a separate note, I sent a message to the KCSO and the Woodinville PD suggesting they perhaps submit Cossey's case to Cold Justice. I provided them the link to the online submission form. I did tell them that only family members of the victim or law enforcement could suggest cases.

From the criticism of the King County Sheriffs Department by Justice, Seattle office, it's obvious they need some help on this one. I say bring on Kelly Siegler and Yolanda McClary and let these women take a shot at it.

"...He was a very matter of fact man & not one time did he tell me he owned the chutes - just that he packed them....Cossey did NOT deliver the chutes - to the airport. From what I remember of what he told me he took them someplace & someone else delivered them to the airport...but Cossey never claimed to have delivered the chutes to the airport. Something about their going to the wrong place...."

I spoke with Cossey several times from 2009-2011, and every time we spoke he adamantly claimed that he owned the chutes. He even told me that Northwest Orient paid him for the two back chutes.

He also adamantly claimed that he had sent the two back chutes off to Boeing Field, and the last time I spoke with him I asked him why he sent them to the wrong airport, he shouted "Fuck You" and slammed the phone down.

BruceSmith

"...He was a very matter of fact man & not one time did he tell me he owned the chutes - just that he packed them....Cossey did NOT deliver the chutes - to the airport. From what I remember of what he told me he took them someplace & someone else delivered them to the airport...but Cossey never claimed to have delivered the chutes to the airport. Something about their going to the wrong place...."

I spoke with Cossey several times from 2009-2011, and every time we spoke he adamantly claimed that he owned the chutes. He even told me that Northwest Orient paid him for the two back chutes.

He also adamantly claimed that he had sent the two back chutes off to Boeing Field, and the last time I spoke with him I asked him why he sent them to the wrong airport, he shouted "Fuck You" and slammed the phone down.

He's claimed these same things in the media over the years in articles. Several times. Some of the more recent references are in articles related to the Amboy chute discovery. This is one of the reasons I continue to question his quick dismissal of the Amboy chute. One article quotes him as saying, "I knew it wasn't Cooper's in less than ten seconds..." after the FBI brought it to his house in the trunk of a car. That was on a Thursday or a Friday I believe. By early the following week, the Seattle FBI wrote off the chute with their pithy 'by a totality of the information' explanation, which was in reality...no explanation at all. When I asked them about the whole thing later, they admitted that the 'other experts' were only consulted by telephone. Go figure.

"...I thought for years I was half-Irish too. Then my mother did a complete download and assembly of a huge notebook of material and pictures of our family from Ancestry dot com. Dates back to the mid 1700's and some pictures were Civil War era. She sent me a copy mounted in this big photo album. Found out I was half-Scottish, not Irish.

Bummer. Half-Irish and a birthday on St. Paddy's I thought was very cool. WAS. Unfortunately, no. [:/]..."

Now you're letting FACTS get in the way? BOBBY!

What are we going to do with you????????

I do believe in facts. I'm just not much for conspiracy theories, which I always view with a jaundiced eye. About the only two I believe in over the last sixty years or so are probably JFK and Roswell. And that someone assisted James Earl Ray in the purchase of the hunting rifle, and provided him the money to flee the country.

EDIT: Basically, I think James Earl Ray had a little support group going. Someone with money, someone who advised him on the rifle to use. Ray, I believe, did not think up the MLK assassination on his own. Someone took advantage of his inherent racism to offer him a chance at killing one of the greatest black men of the 20th century. Someone with money in the bank and hatred issues going. Maybe MORE than one person.

Unfortunately, they will never catch whomever helped Ray, and he took any secrets on that to his grave.

The article you posted on this thread after Blevins gave you a little coaching....didn't you make a comment or did someone else about getting an interview with Cossey.

The post on Norm Hayden - when was that done?
I wanted to read it again...but also want the day & yr you posted it....

You made comment after that about getting an interview with Cossey.

I didn't realize you had actually interviewed Cossey (by phone) prior to your post regarding your inteview with Hayden. If you talked to him on the phone why were you pushing for a face to face?

Maybe I got all the dates messed up.
Time is irrelevant at 75....and with one surgery after another.

RobertMBlevins

I do believe in facts. I'm just not much for conspiracy theories, which I always view with a jaundiced eye. About the only two I believe in over the last sixty years or so are probably JFK and Roswell. And that someone assisted James Earl Ray in the purchase of the hunting rifle, and provided him the money to flee the country.

Some where in history is a picture of James Earl Ray in New Orleans, Ala or Florida with a rifle in his hand.

No one had to aid him in purchasing a hunting rifle...not in the 60's. You are aware that James Earl Ray was connected to the Man in New Orleans who had no hair (a ridiculous wig) no eyebrows ( he used homemade ones) & he experimented with MICE in his home....forgot his name & would not know where to look for it.

That man & James Earl Ray & Duane Weber all knew each other before James Earl Ray went to prison & escaped. John Collins was in the same prison when Ray escaped.....

Duane's lady friend talked about knowing Ray. The man who called a place Ray was working after he escape was named Collins. I do not know what name Ray was using after he escaped.

Duane and his lady friend & a couple of kids spent 2 wks with with the no hair man until Duane & his wife could find a job after they fled Colorado in 1968 after the FBI or came looking for him.... Duane (John Collins) had been released from Jefferson and was working in Co when they came looking for him.

Hell, All it took was the mention of James Earl Ray to get me off in to the deep again. Forget somethings - but haven't forgot that YET!

RobertMBlevins

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I DO know that two guys can't sit in the same seat unless they are really friendly or something. :)
That was my point. Gray has both of them basically in the same place when there can only be one. Since he went into much greater detail on Mitchell sitting across from Cooper than he did with Gregory, it's obvious that MITCHELL was actually the one in the seat across from Cooper. I merely asked Gray to straighten all that out.
I wouldn't go into conspiracy mode on it quite yet. :)
On a separate note, I sent a message to the KCSO and the Woodinville PD suggesting they perhaps submit Cossey's case to Cold Justice. I provided them the link to the online submission form. I did tell them that only family members of the victim or law enforcement could suggest cases.

From the criticism of the King County Sheriffs Department by Justice, Seattle office, it's obvious they need some help on this one. I say bring on Kelly Siegler and Yolanda McClary and let these women take a shot at it.

I think they should submit the Cossey case to "Law and Order". That way, not only will they catch the killer, they can also put him on trial and convict him -- all within 60 minutes!
B|B|B|