30 30
quade

DB Cooper

(edited)
9 hours ago, Robert99 said:

FlyJack, come on.  You can do better than this.  Of course Cooper was putting the parachute over the raincoat.  Sane people normally wear their raincoat when walking in the rain.  And I doubt very much that Cooper would lose his raincoat in the jump.

Was the man walking in the rain wearing shoes?  Based on the previous descriptions of Cooper's foot wear, he would probably be bare foot when he landed.

I assume he put the chute on over the raincoat but there is no mention of the raincoat in the files or by Tina.. I find it a bit odd that it isn't even mentioned.

The witness not noting the raincoat is irrelevant.

Edited by FLYJACK

8 hours ago, Robert99 said:

FlyJack, where did the FDR mark of 8:09 come from?

There was a "little bob" noted on the FDR at approximately 8:09...  that effectively matches Solderlind's time (8:10) and may have been Cooper jumping. 

The plane was not on autopilot.. Rataczak said he was manually flying the plane.

184583230_fdr-bobcopy.jpg.0c5836ad549184d64ce18e7d3179eaf0.jpg

Soderlind noted the earliest Cooper likely jumped was point A, which about 8:09.. just North of the Lewis River...  and as you move toward the extremes the jump likelihood drops.

2131078712_ScreenShot2022-08-09at7_15_49AM.png.5970cef65b9c1aec355ac7222e8d1376.png

The statement in the above 302, "and as far south as the Colombia River" is really mind blowing to me. Is this wide range just a function of it being so early on in the investigation, (12/2/71), that Soderlind hadn't quite had the time to go through all of the data yet and prune it down ? 

34 minutes ago, JAGdb said:

The statement in the above 302, "and as far south as the Colombia River" is really mind blowing to me. Is this wide range just a function of it being so early on in the investigation, (12/2/71), that Soderlind hadn't quite had the time to go through all of the data yet and prune it down ? 

Yup, the LZ got narrowed down as the data was evaluated. Problem early on was they didn't know exactly where the plane was at a given time.

(edited)
2 hours ago, JAGdb said:

Indicates a communication time lag - uncertainty at several different levels. At least three groups were working on this - Air Force, pilots, "Sunderlandt", and the FBI does not make flight paths and drop zones! May seem confusing by today's standards ............ but at least they werent waiting on messengers traveling on horse back to deliver news to the Queen. Today we still wait on messengers to replace myth and propaganda with true facts! A guy getting his book published is more important than facts. Facts are always the last to arrive... 

Edited by georger

3 hours ago, JAGdb said:

Reportedly, a jump zone location was worked up before the airliner even got to Reno.