47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

'Since Bobby invested the term "Cooper Royalty," I suppose he is entitled to define what it means...'

Wrong. It was first used by Mark, aka '377' on November 27, 2011 in a reference to Brian Ingram and the first Cooper symposium.

Hopefully your book is better researched than your erroneous statement. Took me less than a minute to figure out the real inventor.

And my name isn't 'Bobby,' BS. (That's short for well...your name.)

Of course, Bobby, you may be correct, and I certainly accept your findings.

However, I first heard of the term from you.

At the very least, I began to think of myself as Cooper Royalty because of all the fuss you made about it, and eventually I decided that you were - again - correct! Thus I began calling myself Prince Bruce.

After that, my stature just grew. Such is life.

AS for making mistakes, most kings make 'em. The key, I think, is how we respond to our errors. I consider that timely acknowledgments, revisions, and apologies are the way to go rather than cover-ups, denials, and counter assaults.

I trust that history/herstory will judge accordingly.

"...And I had four MILLION hits to my column at Newsvine between March 2007 and the end of 2012. I pretty much stopped counting after that...."

That is impressive, Bobby. Worthy of a title, I should say! What shall we call you? Prince Bob, or Duke of Newsvine?

Just askin'.

By the way, why haven't you been able to find a way to monetize your writing? Millions of hits and not a nickel to show for it seems unfortunate. No?

RobertMBlevins

Newsvine paid well until they sold out to MSNBC or something. I received $1,307.50 via PayPal during that time. I still hold the record there for the most illustrated articles published to the site...almost five hundred of them. Since Gayla runs the financials at Adventure Books of Seattle, all payouts were in her name of course.

Blevins,

That is less than $2.75 per article (not per copy). Perhaps you could benefit from Googling "High Finance" or maybe just finding a more rewarding endeavor.

Robert99

BruceSmith

***"

Historically, I have gone from Cousin Brucie to Uncle Brucie; then Prince Bruce, and now, King Bruce. To my friends however, I am often called "King Brucie."

So, what have I done to deserve such an exalted status? Here is a brief list:

1. I wrote a book. It is a comprehensive, 90,000 word treatment on the DB Cooper case, with a close look at the behaviors of the FBI.

2. Maintained a website that covers the DB Cooper case in detail. The site is called The Mountain News-WA and is based in Eatonville, WA, which is on the eastern edge of Cooper's getaway flight path. Most of the raw data, interviews and information that is distilled in the book first appeared on the Mountain News. When I posted current pix of Tina Mucklow on the MN, it had 40,000 hits by lunch.

3. I have interviewed every available principal in the case, or I have attempted to speak with them.

4. I am threatened regularly with lawsuits, character assassinations, and accusations of criminal activity, such as murdering Earl Cossey. I interpret those actions as a reflection of the impact my writing has amongst the denizens of Cooper World.

Integrity! Integrity for sale! Step right up!
"Why I'll buy what your selling, Mister."
Go away kid, you're botherin' me. Integrity here! Integrity for sale!

"... Bruce. No one around here hates you..."

I agree. The question is then: why do people do what they do? Why did you threaten to thwart my publishing efforts?

What were you protecting? And why?

Kenny's reputation?

You are the one accusing him of stealing an airplane, threatening to kill 42 people, and giving Tina Mucklow a 40-year headache.

I don't hate you either, Bobby. I just don't trust you.

I also don't think you know why you do the things you do all of the time. That makes you dangerous.

RobertMBlevins

******Look, Bruce. No one around here hates you.

WROOOOOOOONG!!!!

I don't hate Bruce. It's a big word.

I thought u were speaking in general sense ... as in including everybody "around here" .... anyways I know YOU DON'T...

Want to see why life-without is a better punishment than death? I used to be for the death penalty. Now I'm against it.

Check the picture I made. Lesile Van Houten, Manson Girl. Then and Now...getting the denial at her last parole hearing in California. She should just stop attending the hearings.

I am for capital punishment ... some people are just pure evil besides it's tax payers money, which I'd rather see go towards saving an innocent life ... having said that I am not suggesting Capital Punishment for being an ASS!! ;)

Integrity! Integrity for sale! Step right up!
"Why I'll buy what your selling, Mister."
Go away kid, you're botherin' me. Integrity here! Integrity for sale!

Reichenbach,I think your statement sums it up!

Bevins: Have you spoke to the FBI recently...I mean an actual coversation?
NO way KC was Cooper. You know what they tell you - put it together and send it to us....the will never even read it....I got 2 phone calls in 19 yrs....the rest were ON my nickel...and I don't have any nickels left.

Florence: How many of you actually believe all of the things written in Greys book?

Florence tried to describe two little peaks in the hair line. The chin looked right. The eyes - wrong color (she was only shown a black & white & not told the eyes were blue). Don't take my word for it - watch one of the old video's she is telling the artist Cooper had 2 little peaks & they TV artist drew a Widows peak...NOW that one blew me away.

Last time the witnesses went public - the artist made a fool out of them with his sketch.

Gray: embellishes - he couldn't really get where he wanted to go - but he had too much invested to back away - so he just flew with what would sell. Needed to get back to his real job.

Blevins claims he gets to talk to Curtis Eng. Curtis did actually call me one time a few yrs ago, but I don't remember when. He told me the only thing that would solve the case or any reason they would look at a suspect...was a 20, the ticket - it had to be something tangible...that put the individual ON the plane.

Nothing Blevins has is tangible....therefore will Curtis back Blevins up? That is what they tell everyone - put a package together and send it to them...I was told that today.

March 28th was the 20th anniversary of Cooper's death. Duane L. Weber confessed, but there was no one to hear him, but his wife. His last words "Take the baby downstairs, Bring the baby back up,
I can't go till the Baby get here!"

Then he said "I love you" and then he was gone.

I miss him, but wish with all of my heart he had kept his damn secret or I had been able to understand the messages & things he left behind - the things that would have put him on the plane. I still have 3 items - and just maybe they WILL finally put Weber on that plane - but, the FBI did not share them with the parties who would know - so How do I handle that?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

Yes you can. Just go HERE. His records are not 'classified'.

You can also write a letter, but the easier way is to download and print up Form 180. You are next of kin, and his widow. You qualify.

Get Adobe Reader. This way you can read PDF's and download them and print them from websites. 90% of computers in the USA have it installed. When you download it, just make sure you un-check any boxes offering you a default search engine, a toolbar, etc. Then you'll be fine. I can't believe you have gotten along all these years without it. Almost all documents on the internet rely on Adobe Reader to access or read them.

:|You just do not listen or understand a damn thing I say...I was at the actual local office & I did make the request & was denied - a fact I was 3 yrs old in 1943 & therefore cannot be considered his wife...
I produced a marriage certificate - but again it was explained I could not have the file - the man was nice enough to read some things off to me - and then CENSORED - that word came up more than one time on what the man read to me. I was never sent the actual papers and still cannot GET THEM....I was a 3 yr old unrelated child at the time...I do NOT qualify unless they changed the rules since 2000 when I was there.

I would be mighty decent of the US Government to provide them - but they have CENSORED all over them. They only have the 2 months he spent at Camp Siebert - the next 2 1/2 months until discharge ARE NOT available.

Hell the man even told me what Duane had wrote home in a letter to his mother about his insurance which was all covered in a letter his brother sent to me from his mother....I got the damn letter - so you want to continue to disputer this old crap? When it is CLASSIFIED it is classified.

DO U actually think they will investigate KC.
Wrong height, wrong colored eyes & the people in your story went into hiding!

Pretty soon I expect you to notify us that Margie and Mr. Geestman are deceased.
If your story was true - the YOU would STAY intouch with your KEY witnesses. Problem is they seem to be hiding even from you. I understand Margie is deceased.

Blevins I am FED up. You came to this thread and your story was in shambles and even I tried to help you. YOU never EVER read back to the origin of the story I told other that SKIP"s contributions to 101.

YOU shut down the DZ as an investigative tool. NO one wants to hear anymore about KC unless it is NEW information. You repeat the same ole same old & every one just wants you to go away.

You have caused me to have to repeat myself & you used up this valuable tool to SELL a damn BOOK. U Know KC was not and could not be Cooper. THE DZ is fed UP with You and with Cooper - because YOU will not allow a discussion to be made with out promoting your book.

YOU make me and everyone else to have to repeat and be boring...YOU stopped all of the investigation that was going on. NO one wants to deal with you. My posting would be a fraction of what they are IF we didn't have to expend time dealing with the PROMOTION aspect of your book and your story about a man U never met - NOT to mention that your witnesses have a way of going POOF! IF they really exist why do they not come here to defend YOU.

YOU have single handedly closed this thread - you have ignored all of the warings...

The regulars are fed up with the promotions & the constant REPEAT REPEAT to sell a book. The only reason it has been allowed to go on - is because there was hope beyond all hope that someone would come forward and say - my grandfather had a picture of that guy!

NO one ever expect writer to come here to promote or create their books - how many book have been written in the yrs since I first came to the DZ - but NO BOOK by JO nor has Jo EVER attempted to profit by this....

Guys if the thread is shut down - would some of you regular DROPZONE posters contact not by PM, but by my regular email address as I am sure they will make sure I do NOT start up another thread.

I came to the DZ hoping for closure & that closure is coming - but I can no longer deal with Blevins or Bruce. I did actually talk to the FBI today - but, they want the pictures and the things I am not good at putting together.

ANY ONE know some one who can do this for me in my area - let me know. The agent tells me to mail it to them - but, I think a better thing is to MAIL it to the witnesses and the main characters a few days before the FBI gets theirs..

377 tell SNOWMAN I need his help - TELL him I caught the things back then - but I didn't know how to handle it. Tell him to send me very thing he has on HALE and all of the other camps from 1942 to late 1943...I need pictures pictures pictutures.

My private email is [email protected]
I think we can put that in the thread? At least I am not advertising a book - I just good straight honest answers...

I need anything I can get my hands on about the camps from 1942 to 1943 in the Colorado area...Pictures - Pictures - and names - especially NAMES. Where they are now if still alive and if deceased date of and anything they can tell me about any guys working the camps - like Hale and the salletite posts. Names of the occupants and the prisnoners and stories about how the prisoners (american boys gone wrong) how they were treated in the camps...I know Duane did well - he was a likeable person

If we kept the tread and could only talk about ACTUAL jumpers and those who assisted the jumpers during the proper
yrs and for these people to talk about the renagades...yrs..

Any one at these camps know how the good guys treated the prisoner...Some of them would be brother against brother....There has to a lof of good war storys agout he beginning of jumping suche and another articla tha indicates we want to talke Coop and wiith susgestions about how serious the sustpect was.[email]
\

The Return of DB Cooper on DZ

A few years ago, we found ourselves inundated with complaints regarding this thread, daily PMs that consumed too much time to warrant allowing the thread to continue.

With the new design, we've decided to re-open this thread and allow for users to return to discussing the DB Cooper case. We will be liberal in our moderation until the point of personal attacks. If you wish to discuss the case, you're welcome to do so - but do so without attacking others involved. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and earn you a time out or permanent ban for repeated offenses.

Welcome back to what we consider a valuable part of DZs history.

Nice to see this forum reopened. Let’s not get it shut down by uncivil behavior. I’ve been interested in the Cooper case ever since it happened. I initially figured Cooper  HAD to be a skydiver. Now, decades later, I’m not so sure. I DO however think he HAD to know that a 727 airstair could be deployed in flight. Few knew that. The crew didn’t know. The flight manual didn’t address the question. The airline operations and tech people didn’t know. Boeing did know and the answer was yes. So how did Cooper know?

(edited)
2 hours ago, 377 said:

Nice to see this forum reopened. Let’s not get it shut down by uncivil behavior. I’ve been interested in the Cooper case ever since it happened. I initially figured Cooper  HAD to be a skydiver. Now, decades later, I’m not so sure. I DO however think he HAD to know that a 727 airstair could be deployed in flight. Few knew that. The crew didn’t know. The flight manual didn’t address the question. The airline operations and tech people didn’t know. Boeing did know and the answer was yes. So how did Cooper know?

YES, keep it civil... and respectful. 

I have FBI files that state Hahneman walked backwards down the 727 rear airstairs and went off back first (EAL 175 hijacking) just as you speculated Cooper would have. He was a crewman in a WW2  troop carrier sq which flew c-47's dropping (static) troops and gear. They used an "interphone". 

Further, if you carefully read the FBI files, Cooper did not initially ask for airstairs down on takeoff, he wanted Tina to lower in flight. Airstairs down on take off came up later in negotiations with the crew, they were trying to get Tina off the plane so they could escape through the front.

Also,, Did the reserve have a drogue/pilot chute?

Dated… 11/26/71 FBI file p 1672

On 11/26/71 SAC CAMPBELL from Las Vegas, advised that when they entered the airplane there was an open parachute in the plane, draped over one of the seats in the the hijacker was located, which parachute was white.

Examination of this parachute reveals there was no drogue chute on it.

The stewardess on the plane when interviewed said that the hijacker was upset when the money was not delivered in a knapsack. As a result she saw him wrap this money in some white material.

SAC CAMPBELL speculates that the money was wrapped in the chute. He advised the second parachute in the plane is a backpack, which has never been opened. It is pink and it is being taken to the National Guard in Reno at once to see if it is in workable condition.

Edited by FLYJACK

Cooper was not a skydiver.  He actually broke his back during the jump.  He mentions it in his autobiography, published in 1972.  You all know FBI ended the case in early 2016.  It was a few weeks after I contacted them with this suspect, and I can prove that if needed.  

coopermoac.jpg

dbcooper4.jpg

MOAC.jpg

Oh my. Here we go again.
I gave up on this thread when it became apparent that one particular poster was going to do what ever it took to 'prove' a certain suspect was Cooper. Including driving away other people who had the audacity to ask uncomfortable questions.

Many of the 'old' DZ.com folks are no longer posting. Airtwardo hasn't been on here in ages. I think Amazon lurks on occasion, but she rarely posts. The whole site has become a lot less active overall. I haven't seen a post from Quade in a long time. I don't know if he's still here or not. I pity whatever moderator has to keep tabs on this.

Mr Blevins - It's good to see you have stepped back from the "It has to be Christiansen." I don't think the evidence adds up. Like all the other suspects, there were a couple of things that pretty much took him out (I don't remember exactly what anymore). 
I don't doubt that the FBI still has all the files and will re-open the case if any real evidence appears. But I'm going to guess you got a 'canned' response about 'forwarding it to the current case agent'. 

I have to wonder who else of the non-jumping regulars is still around. Is Jo even still alive? I know she repeatedly complained about some pretty serious health issues. Georger was far from young. I hope he is doing well. Sluggo? He gave up on this thread well before it got locked. 

Flyjack - I think I remember Cooper wanting the stairs down for takeoff. The crew refused, saying it couldn't be done. It could have, as was found out at the end of the Viet Nam war, during the fall of Saigon. People were running up to and boarding a 727 with the stairs down as it taxied out and even at the beginning of the takeoff roll. 
The reserve parachutes of the time did not have a pilot chute (it's not a drogue, that's different). The reserve was deployed by opening the container (pack) and then executing a 'scoop and toss' move. 

The question of what Cooper wrapped the money in and how he secured it has been discussed to death on here. Again, from memory, I think the consensus was that he used the cloth bag the bank brought the money in and secured it with paracord from the opened reserve. 

All this is in here somewhere. But it's mixed in with a lot of bickering and irrelevant garbage. 

For the two 'new guys' - If you want to claim someone is Cooper, provide some evidence. Klansic, as Mr Blevins noted, is a mystery. So please explain why he should be a suspect.
Ed Edwards is probably not him. He was lots of things, but 'serial confessor' is probably a good description. Not that he wasn't a psychopathic killer, but the bit I found about him makes me strongly doubt he's Cooper. 

Sooooo...

To quote Jackie Gleason...

And awaaaaaaaaay we go.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Flyjack - I think I remember Cooper wanting the stairs down for takeoff. The crew refused, saying it couldn't be done. It could have, as was found out at the end of the Viet Nam war, during the fall of Saigon. People were running up to and boarding a 727 with the stairs down as it taxied out and even at the beginning of the takeoff roll. 
The reserve parachutes of the time did not have a pilot chute (it's not a drogue, that's different). The reserve was deployed by opening the container (pack) and then executing a 'scoop and toss' move. 

The question of what Cooper wrapped the money in and how he secured it has been discussed to death on here. Again, from memory, I think the consensus was that he used the cloth bag the bank brought the money in and secured it with paracord from the opened reserve. 

Cooper initially demanded for airstairs to be lowered in flight by Tina. It is absolutely clear in the FBI files. Everyone has repeated the myth that he initially asked for airstairs down on take off and extrapolated that he must have had inside info on the 727 airstairs. The pilots were negotiating with him to get Tina off the plane so they could attempt an escape, that is when the airstairs down on takeoff came up. Pilots were trying to convince Cooper to allow Tina off the plane. So, Cooper did not have to have some inside info.. the consensus was wrong.

This is from the FBI files... it is not my opinion..

Dated… 11/26/71 FBI file p 1672

"On 11/26/71 SAC CAMPBELL from Las Vegas, advised that when they entered the airplane there was an open parachute in the plane, draped over one of the seats in the the hijacker was located, which parachute was white.

Examination of this parachute reveals there was no drogue chute on it.

The stewardess on the plane when interviewed said that the hijacker was upset when the money was not delivered in a knapsack. As a result she saw him wrap this money in some white material.

SAC CAMPBELL speculates that the money was wrapped in the chute. He advised the second parachute in the plane is a backpack, which has never been opened. It is pink and it is being taken to the National Guard in Reno at once to see if it is in workable condition."

Now. the reserve chute was pink not white, did the agent actually find the dummy reserve?? would the dummy/practice reserve have a drogue?

Here are images of the pink reserve chute, any indication of a drogue or pilot?

https://citizensleuths.com/pink-parachute-gallery.html

Tina claimed Cooper wrapped the money in white material, he may have wrapped the money bag in part of the chute to better tie it up.

"“All emergency bailout rigs, such as the ones provided to DB Cooper, would have a pilot chute,” Metzler said."