18 18
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

I think that may have been the plan, but the plane...for some reason or another...didn't make it to its destination. The Daily Mail is speculating that the pilot was planning to make a protest, maybe to force the release of the political figure you referred to. My feeling is that something went wrong along the way.

I guessed the destination was perhaps Bandar Abbas International Airport along the southern coast of Iran. But I really have no idea for sure.

Must-Have-Black-Boxes

It would be good if this plane was sitting in a hangar somewhere and the passengers safe, but I doubt that's how it all ended. Maybe the pilot just took it out too far over the Indian Ocean and ran out of fuel. Or...the co-pilot fought back and/or some of the passengers tried to get into the cockpit and stop the whole thing. Which may have turned out badly for everyone. I don't know...my Newsvine article was just a theory anyway.

Within 24 hours of the disappearance, the pilot was reportedly wearing a T-shirt that said "Democracy is Dead" which was in reference to the trial of the politician he supported. So the pilot didn't give the appearance of being an Islamic terrorist.

Otherwise, Iran would be the last place that he would want to go. And the rest of your story is pure speculation.

Robert99

I think that may have been the plan, but the plane...for some reason or another...didn't make it to its destination. The Daily Mail is speculating that the pilot was planning to make a protest, maybe to force the release of the political figure you referred to. My feeling is that something went wrong along the way.

I guessed the destination was perhaps Bandar Abbas International Airport along the southern coast of Iran. But I really have no idea for sure.

Must-Have-Black-Boxes

It would be good if this plane was sitting in a hangar somewhere and the passengers safe, but I doubt that's how it all ended. Maybe the pilot just took it out too far over the Indian Ocean and ran out of fuel. Or...the co-pilot fought back and/or some of the passengers tried to get into the cockpit and stop the whole thing. Which may have turned out badly for everyone. I don't know...my Newsvine article was just a theory anyway.

Within 24 hours of the disappearance, the pilot was reportedly wearing a T-shirt that said "Democracy is Dead" which was in reference to the trial of the politician he supported. So the pilot didn't give the appearance of being an Islamic terrorist.

Otherwise, Iran would be the last place that he would want to go. And the rest of your story is pure speculation.

The article has been heavily modified since yesterday. And half the stuff on Flight 370 is either guesswork, theory, or speculation. The amount of hard information in this case you can fit onto a single page.

RobertMBlevins

The article has been heavily modified since yesterday. And half the stuff on Flight 370 is either guesswork, theory, or speculation. The amount of hard information in this case you can fit onto a single page.

I haven't read the article, I was referring to what you said in your post.

In reality, probably about 99 percent of the information in circulation is speculation. The idea seems to be to speculate all you have to get your name out there. Correct?

And I can practically guarantee you that the hard information is vastly greater than a single page.

It's just a case of the people who really know keeping their mouths shut so as not to comprise the investigation.

Robert99

In reality, probably about 99 percent of the information in circulation is speculation. The idea seems to be to speculate all you have to get your name out there. Correct?

And I can practically guarantee you that the hard information is vastly greater than a single page.

It's just a case of the people who really know keeping their mouths shut so as not to comprise the investigation.

Why would he turn part of the data system off before (20mins
before!) the transponder? Is there some sequence involved, or
priority involved ... ? Is he risking detection before his last message?

Why would he fly back toward land ? Isn't he risking an encounter and being followed?

Robert99

Oh, pulllleeeze....why don't you come down off that pedestal for a minute and face reality? Do you know how many hundreds of writers from scores of media organizations have released articles on Flight 370? Or how many MILLIONS of posts have been made about the flight on social media? I think the total is approaching 10,000 in just over a week for the articles alone. It's the biggest story going except maybe the crisis in Crimea. I have the greatest respect for you, but it's unrealistic for you to expect silence on such a story.

Here's the article you haven't read. And it isn't all speculation. Some research went into the creation of it.

RobertMBlevins

Oh, pulllleeeze....why don't you come down off that pedestal for a minute and face reality? Do you know how many hundreds of writers from scores of media organizations have released articles on Flight 370? Or how many MILLIONS of posts have been made about the flight on social media? I think the total is approaching 10,000 in just over a week for the articles alone. It's the biggest story going except maybe the crisis in Crimea. I have the greatest respect for you, but it's unrealistic for you to expect silence on such a story.

Here's the article you haven't read. And it isn't all speculation. Some research went into the creation of it.

Pedestal? (the platform the feet position themselves on)?

From your socalled artikle few will ever see short of your
self-advertising ...

" Someone decided the plane was not going to Beijing, but somewhere else.
It probably didn't make it there.
The final answers will be discovered when they locate the aircraft, no matter how long it takes.
Update: Suddenly, Iran is willing to cooperate in the search. Really?

*Robert Blevins is the author of Into The Blast - The True Story of D.B. Cooper, a book on the available evidence against Kenny Peter Christiansen, a suspect in the unsolved DB Cooper hijacking case. He is from the Seattle area."

PEDESTAL?

Thanks for the free advertising and the re-quote on how I ended the article.

It's also MY column...and it's common for writers to quote one or more of their credits at the end of an article. There is no Amazon link to the book included. That would be in poor taste and then you might have a point. Can't believe you are whining about something so common that you've probably seen on a hundred different articles by writers aplenty. When people read an article, they often want to know a bit about the writer. The proper place to put this info is at the end of the article.

As far as 'few will ever see' the article, I wouldn't count on that. Google Analytics says otherwise. Hundreds of people have RSS'd my column since I opened it on March 23, 2007 with an article stating my opposition to the Iraq War. Monthly visits to all articles combined (there are nearly 500) averages 20,000-25,000 a month, which is down a bit from previous years. When Obama was first running for President, it was two or three times that much, due to the number or Obama-based articles. I'm sure that's more information than you wanted to hear. :)
I was wondering also if you are now the Official Spokesperson for Robert99...:S

georger

Why would he turn part of the data system off before (20mins
before!) the transponder? Is there some sequence involved, or
priority involved ... ? Is he risking detection before his last message?

Why would he fly back toward land ? Isn't he risking an encounter and being followed?

I'm not familiar with all of the information that is currently embedded in the transponder return, but altitude most certainly is one of the bits. Altitude reporting transponders have been in use for decades even in very small aircraft.

If the other data is transmitted by other means, then the controllers will probably not be aware that it has stopped being transmitted. In that 20 minutes, the airliner could have traveled up to 200 miles.

That distance plus taking some time for the two different air traffic centers to figure out if they were actually missing an aircraft, adds even more time and uncertainty to what the problem may be.

My guess is that the controllers would initially be looking for the airliner along the planned flight path to China and not 100 or 200 miles to the west or southwest. And in all likelihood, the aircraft not being detectable by "skin paint" alone, it has "disappeared" for all practical purposes.

Your comment recently about a firm in Cedar Rapids that makes avionics equipment is very timely. Assuming that it belongs to the same family of companies, as the result of a recent merger, it is related to another company that can handle the information that its equipment provides. And it has world wide coverage from a low altitude.

RobertMBlevins

Georger hasn't applied for the position but he will be given very favorable consideration if he ever does.

I would suggest that you start advertising in your local Angie's List, or whatever it is, for someone with a lot of towels to help wipe that stuff, whatever it is again, off your face in due time.

Robert99

Georger hasn't applied for the position but he will be given very favorable consideration if he ever does.

I would suggest that you start advertising in your local Angie's List, or whatever it is, for someone with a lot of towels to help wipe that stuff, whatever it is again, off your face in due time.

Do I sense a bit of jealousy here? You don't like the article I did on Flight 370, now you dance around the fact that I found a suitable co-writer for the KC screenplay through Angie's List? You sound like a kid who was refused a cookie by his mother.

LOL I'll bet you don't like sci-fi either. B| Since it's obvious you don't like anything I do in any form, maybe we should just agree that you don't and move on.

Would save everyone a lot of time.

RobertMBlevins

Do I sense a bit of jealousy here? You don't like the article I did on Flight 370, now you dance around the fact that I found a suitable co-writer for the KC screenplay through Angie's List? You sound like a kid who was refused a cookie by his mother.

LOL I'll bet you don't like sci-fi either. B| Since it's obvious you don't like anything I do in any form, maybe we should just agree that you don't and move on.

Blevins, Since I explained to you several posts back that I had NOT read your Flight 370 article but was just responding to the comments in your post, I think you are the one feeling a bit hurt. But then I don't read fiction since I don't have time for it. And science fiction is "fiction" also.

You have found a ghost writer? Have you made a "full disclosure" to them about the KC matter?

Further, I have never been particularly fond of cookies.

Where in the Constitution does it say that I must "like anything you do in any form"?

RobertMBlevins

Thanks for the free advertising and the re-quote on how I ended the article.

It's also MY column...and it's common for writers to quote one or more of their credits at the end of an article. There is no Amazon link to the book included. That would be in poor taste and then you might have a point. Can't believe you are whining about something so common that you've probably seen on a hundred different articles by writers aplenty. When people read an article, they often want to know a bit about the writer. The proper place to put this info is at the end of the article.

As far as 'few will ever see' the article, I wouldn't count on that. Google Analytics says otherwise. Hundreds of people have RSS'd my column since I opened it on March 23, 2007 with an article stating my opposition to the Iraq War. Monthly visits to all articles combined (there are nearly 500) averages 20,000-25,000 a month, which is down a bit from previous years. When Obama was first running for President, it was two or three times that much, due to the number or Obama-based articles. I'm sure that's more information than you wanted to hear. :)

And you actually claim to collect books for poor kids being
concerned with their Education? Something wrong there! :S

Good night Ivene.

Robert99

Blevins, Since I explained to you several posts back that I had NOT read your Flight 370 article but was just responding to the comments in your post, I think you are the one feeling a bit hurt. But then I don't read fiction since I don't have time for it. And science fiction is "fiction" also.

You have found a ghost writer? Have you made a "full disclosure" to them about the KC matter?

Further, I have never been particularly fond of cookies.

Where in the Constitution does it say that I must "like anything you do in any form"?

It doesn't and you don't. But in my humble opinion both you and Georger have personal issues. I was tracking your posts over at the Dead Zone. (the alternate site) You guys go out of your way to be polite over there. That's real nice. But both of you come HERE with an entirely different program and do Blevins this and that pretty much 24/7. It's phony as hell.

This thread is not your personal anti-Blevins dartboard, no matter what you believe. Everyone goes off-topic occasionally, but with you two it's like you hover over your keyboards...waiting...waiting...for Blevins to post. It's juvenile, ridiculous, and silly. Grow up. This thread isn't about me. I just post here sometimes.

On the subject of my co-writer: She's not a ghost writer. That's where you hire someone to write your autobiography or something. We're working on the script together. Yes, she has been provided all our files.

Stop obsessing about me and stick to the subject. That's good advice.

Either that, or ya'll should head back over to the Dead Zone.

Georger says in part:

'And you actually claim to collect books for poor kids being concerned with their Education? Something wrong there!...'

I'm not concerned with their education. That's the responsibility of their teachers. I only want to help make sure they have suitable books. Not ALL families can afford them. Only you would find fault with that...:S

smokin99

OMG.....another hijacking traced to a 1968 Belgian comic.....this time it's Tintin himself....

Scroll all the way down this Daily Mail page!

You just can't make this stuff up.

Well, anything is possible and nothing is impossible! What I would find even more strange would be if the pilot had done any searches on his computer regarding skyjackings...
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

RobertMBlevins

But in my humble opinion both you and Georger have personal issues.

Dr. Blevins,

Since you presume to make medical judgments about Georger and myself, I'll let you in on a little secret. In fact, I may have mentioned this before.

In order to participate in some interesting things over the years, I and others have been required to undergo something above and beyond the normal physical and psychological evaluations. I always passed and was signed off for the matter at hand.

So I actually proved that I was sane enough and didn't have any "personal issues" that would interfere with my involvement in the matter.

Can you prove that you are sane and don't have any "personal issues"? Or is blaming everyone else for your problems a "personal issue" in your case?

skyjack71

***OMG.....another hijacking traced to a 1968 Belgian comic.....this time it's Tintin himself....

Scroll all the way down this Daily Mail page!

You just can't make this stuff up.

Well, anything is possible and nothing is impossible! What I would find even more strange would be if the pilot had done any searches on his computer regarding skyjackings...

The Malaysian government, after searching his home, is allegedly taking a look at his flight simulator. They want to see his history using it. He may have deleted all that, but if he didn't they may discover something.

It is aggravating the hell out of me....BUT, It is adorable....If you can send me a jpg of it and I am going to print it out and put it on my refrigerator...might give me a reason to smile very morning when I have my coffee....rather 2 cups of coffee flavored milk.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Robert99

Dr. Blevins,

Since you presume to make medical judgments about Georger and myself, I'll let you in on a little secret. In fact, I may have mentioned this before.

In order to participate in some interesting things over the years, I and others have been required to undergo something above and beyond the normal physical and psychological evaluations. I always passed and was signed off for the matter at hand.

So I actually proved that I was sane enough and didn't have any "personal issues" that would interfere with my involvement in the matter.

Can you prove that you are sane and don't have any "personal issues"? Or is blaming everyone else for your problems a "personal issue" in your case?

The only problem I have right now is meeting goal on the kiddie book raising effort. When I said personal issues, I meant that practically every post you and Georger make is about me. Not the state of your mental health.
I think that's simple enough. I don't care about your history. I'm addressing the Here and Now.

Move on to Cooper, or head for the Dead Zone.

RobertMBlevins

Dr. Blevins,

The only problem I have right now is meeting goal on the kiddie book raising effort. When I said personal issues, I meant that practically every post you and Georger make is about me. Not the state of your mental health.
I think that's simple enough. I don't care about your history. I'm addressing the Here and Now.

Move on to Cooper, or head for the Dead Zone.

And it was your phony crap about ACARS et cetera that made
me and R99 and others post here. You claim expertise in the
matter of the missing plane. But you diverted all of that to
make something personal about it charging R99 and me of being
a conspiracy - against you?!

And now here you are again questioning our sanity, and giving
us orders again! Telling us to go to the "Dead Zone" whatever
that is.

Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. [email protected]!

Wonderful. Blevins Uber Alles. The ruler of Drop Zone.

Georger says in part:

'And it was your phony crap about ACARS et cetera that made me and R99 and others post here. You claim expertise in the matter of the missing plane. But you diverted all of that to make something personal about it charging R99 and me of being a conspiracy - against you?!

And now here you are again questioning our sanity, and giving us orders again! Telling us to go to the "Dead Zone" whatever that is.

Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. [email protected]!

Wonderful. Blevins Uber Alles. The ruler of Drop Zone...'

Lighten up please. I didn't make you post. I'm not questioning your sanity. And you are personal all the time.

It was just an article, after all.