upndownshop

SkyFest 05 IS ON!

Ok folks.
Cant pack no more. Will be leaving for SkyFest V at, hopefully 6:00 AM tomorrow morning (Saturday) ugggh.

We will be in Spaceland by Sunday night , got to get everything set up, so we will see you there!!!

If I dont get a chance to get on line before, we would just like to say Thanks one more time.
We cant do it without you and your support means everything.

SO ignore that G*D hurricane and get your arse to Houston.

Thanks
C ya!

The Schrimsher Family

SkyFest has made a deal w/ SD Spaceland to provide the SCR jumper with a FREE JUMP!!!!!

So what that means if you are making your SCR jump at SkyFest we will buy your slot for that one jump!!B|B|B|

We do not gaurantee that you get the SCR (which you will) but we cant pay for re-do's, fair enough???
This ALSO applies to the Pink Patch Raffle Winner.

Some of these jumps will also include video or if not it will be available CHEAP...like two pack jobs cheap!!!!!

This is what we ask, we are strong supporters of Bill Newell and the SCR program (incase you haven't noticed) so we are just asking that you please complete the form and send it in with the $20.00 and make it official. This can be done at a later date.
You get a number, a card, a patch, and other cool stuff. We will have forms and get them signed off for you after the jump.
Check out his site.http://www.scr-awards.com/

Who's your daddy?:)
Dont forget to bring your beer maggot!!!!

Thank you!! Us maggots actually get a treat, which I think is fair since everyone gets to pour beer all over us anyhow! Plug this like crazy to make sure all the SCR recipients actually donate on the SCR site. Maybe you can make a little flier with the website on it to handout to all the recipients to put in our logbooks, so those that do not frequent dz.com will still remember to do it!

Looking forward to it!!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

SO ignore that G*D hurricane and get your arse to Houston.

I'm there! I had to do a lot of extra planning and book some flights and car and stuff but I am not got miss this one. Look forward to meeting all of you in 5 days.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

actually, i leave out tuesday night with Beezy and that old bastard. Stuck in the truck with 2 old timers should be a fun trip. Probably have to stop every 50 minutes for andy bladder:D

Won't need to stop...I'll just use your beer can....you'll never notice the difference....:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hey!!!

I have a small favor to ask of everyone that wants to help out....

I am collecting as many different new(ish)... (just not all crinkled) pull up cords as i can. before i had a ton of them with nothing to do with them. now i have a really cool idea that i need a bunch more for.

so, if you're coming to skyfest and you have extra pull up cords that you want to donate to me:) please let me know or just hook me up sometime this weekend when you see me!

i guess i'll be hitting up the manufacturers booths too for even more!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE to everyone who give me those sweet lil' cordsB|

Lets not start with the weather already.If those people could predict the weather a week ahead of time they wouldn't be doing it for the Weather Channel and they would be rich.Besides, that is what the forcast in Georgia is every day during the summer.
If you can't come we understand but don't blame the weather and keep it to yourself;)

weather

Not to mention that the forecast every day for the last 3 weeks or so has been isolated afternoon thunderstorms.
We got less than 1/10 of an inch of rain in June in Houston. That's pretty isolated. Me, I'm happy the temperature is a degree or two cooler :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Lets not start with the weather already.If those people could predict the weather a week ahead of time they wouldn't be doing it for the Weather Channel and they would be rich.Besides, that is what the forcast in Georgia is every day during the summer.
If you can't come we understand but don't blame the weather and keep it to yourself;)

YEAAHHH!!!! >:(>:(>:(>:(
That should have been RULE #2, right under:
"If you can't come, keep it to yourself."
These are the people who go to Disney World and tell the little kids that Mickey is just a guy in a suit!! I'm sure you mean well, but some of us have to pack our shit, drive to other towns, and get on planes for this thing, stop harshing our BOOGIE BUZZ!!
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

ATTENDING
4WayXena
aggie04
aggiedave 01 04
alanab
Amanda965
Amanduh 04
bclark 04
Beerlight
beezyshaw/HiPerUSA 04
beowulf
bluskidave
blueskyserenity
Brains
brianemerson
BRYANGOESBOOM
brits17
Caseadilla
Chiquita
chivo
CieloDiosa
cloud9
cloudseeker2001
CSpence & The RoamingDZ.com
Douva
egons
Fireflytx
FlyinBob
flyingferret
Flypunk
flytex
freakyrat
freeflyira
gemini 04
GodspeedsC5
GQ_jumper
hippydiver
hisgoofyness
ifics
IMGR2 01 02 03 04
InsaneDaddy
JeNnEjEnN
Jethers203
jumpchikk
jumperconway 04
jumpergirl
josheezammit
katiebear21
Kolla 04
Kris 02
Ladyskydiver
Levin
luminous
moonglo
Mouth 04
murphyka 04
namgrunt & nanna bananna(nan)
PLF
popsjumper
Professor
psuCory 04
rastaricanair
Rebecca
RedAssSkychic 04
Rookie120
SCARYPERRY
sitflypat
skinnyshrek
skip 04
skygypsea
SkymonkeyOne
scaryshari 04
teamjenn1
Thanatos340
trubmn1
Turtlespeed 03 04
upndownshop 01 02 03 04
Voodew1
WildBill
wmw999 04
Yoshi 04
Zennie

Need SCR or Ceremony List!!
aggie04
alanab
Amanda965
blueskyserenity
Bryangoesboom
CieloDiosa
cloudseeker2001
CSpence & The RoamingDZ.com
GQ_jumper
hisgoofyness
INSANEDADDY
jumpchikk
jumpergirl
katiebear21
Ladyskydiver
missg8tordivr
Mouth
nanna
Popsjumper
rastaricanair
Rookie120
skinnyshrek
Thanatos340

What days are you going to be out, Pier!? I'm so glad you and Caroline are going to make it! :)

Hey everyone!! We're at the dz setting up for SkyFest!! We can't wait to see all of you here in just a few more days!! :)
One word of advice... BRING YOUR OFF BUG SPRAY!! You will need it. :S:P

Edit to add: Wireless internet is available at the drop zone. B|

See you soon!!!!!!!!!

All i see is a forcast for Isolated - Scatered T storms -

So as i see it - we get a 20 minute - stand out in the rain and cool off break - then it's back to jumping - Clouds make AWESOME background scenery for those special pictures that end up on your "I love me wall"

See 20% chance - In Texas - Means - "20 minutes"

30% = 30 minutes

Etc Etc -

Sometimes the rain never actually makes it to the ground - :ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey everyone...if you are over 40 and a member of POPS, there will be a POPS Texas Record attempt during Skyfest. If you want to participate send me a PM with your total jumps and big way experience. There are a few slots left. Maximum will be 70-way.

Blue skies,

Jim

Problem:

My performance at the swoop comp yesterday was 1 round, since after a bitching swoop in the downwind swoop course (10mph) my feet caught while sliding and it dumped me onto my knees HARD. Hard enough that I'm still in quite a bit of pain today. It was enough that I went ahead and dropped from the rest of the comp yesterday (which means I'm probably not 3rd in TX anymore...oh well). Knees are still really swollen, I tweaked the MCL in my left knee (no tearing or anything, just a hard tweak) and right now I have way too much riding in my future to gamble with a real injury. So I'm trying to take it easy to keep from turning a hurt into an injury.

The point is, I'm still going to come to Skyfest, but I might not be able to jump, so if that's the case I'll probably showup about mid-day on Saturday, party my ass off with everyone, then go home Sunday.

I'm going to do the best I can do to be able to jump this weekend, though, since I really want to be on some SCRs and I want to swoop the pond.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."