upndownshop

SkyFest 05 IS ON!

i'm really stoked now about all of this. Cant wait to meet everybody there. Plus my new canopy will make it on time also so hopefully I can get some solo fam jumps on friday with it before things get to crazy.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

So your taking an unfamiliar canopy to an unfamiliar DZ to jump with unfamiliar people?

Wouldn't it be wiser to practice at a less crowed venue?

No dig on your skills. Just sounds :S.

Cheers.
Larry
'In an insane society a sane person seems insane.' Mr. Spock

Is anyone passing by or going anywhere near George Bush Intercontential on Thurs. or Fri. that would be willing pick me up and drop me off on Monday? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to make it there but flying into IAH is less than half the price of Hobby.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

I'm picking Alana, Amanda, and Justi up from IAH on Thursday @ 7:40pm. If you can arrive around that time I can give you a ride to the DZ. Monday might be an issue to get you back for me...but I'm sure it could be done if you fly out really early or around lunch time (I have to work Monday).

I'm picking Alana, Amanda, and Justi up from IAH on Thursday @ 7:40pm. If you can arrive around that time I can give you a ride to the DZ. Monday might be an issue to get you back for me...but I'm sure it could be done if you fly out really early or around lunch time (I have to work Monday).

I will be dropping Derek, and Jumprgirl off at Hobby for their flight at 12:30 Monday. If you can go later in the day on Monday I can help.

Amanduh, has Lara from Alti-2 contacted you yet?

Thanks folks

Ok I have an idea, Amanduh with your help, how about if I put a page up on the site that shows everyones arrivals and departures.
This way it could be easily viewed.
It will not be in any way saying that "we" will be picking them up, it just might help people schedule similar flights, for their rides.

I know know one wants to become a shuttle bus , so maybe it can help.

What do you think? I could even put a spot in there telling who is doing the pick up and drop offs.
If you think it will help I will put it together. Everyone will have to send an email to us then we post it. I am not that good with the site yet so that someone could post on their own.

any thoughts???

That will work...or if nothing else. Everyone can send me the following information and I can keep an updated spreadsheet. If anyone needs a ride, etc..they can PM me and I will find out what is available.

*Airport flying into
*Current Transportation plans to the DZ
*Time flying into Airport

It's up to you, J.

That will work...or if nothing else. Everyone can send me the following information and I can keep an updated spreadsheet. If anyone needs a ride, etc..they can PM me and I will find out what is available.

*Airport flying into
*Current Transportation plans to the DZ
*Time flying into Airport

It's up to you, J.

I will check it out on the site and see what I can come up with. I can put a "signup" link that will email you and myself, so I can post it and you can do try to help them out.

This might work.

Thanks girl

So your taking an unfamiliar canopy to an unfamiliar DZ to jump with unfamiliar people?

Not at all, I have a number of jumps on this canopy this one is just mine custom ordered so it's new in that aspect.

Is anyone passing by or going anywhere near George Bush Intercontential on Thurs. or Fri. that would be willing pick me up and drop me off on Monday? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not fly into Hobby? Is that still possiable? I will be into Hobby on thursday evening coming in from Atlanta around 7:45pm so if anybody needs a ride. I already have the car and everything.

Hey J., I don't know if it has been posted elsewhere in this thread lately, but I just found out that Paul Fayard is NOT sending a CASA to this boogie. I had actually planned on scamming a ride straight there and passing on our commercial tickets, but Paul says he didn't have a plane to send. Instead, Larry Hill is apparently sending a SkyVan from Eloy for the boogie. Just as fun, only I can't scam a ride straight from NC.

Chuck

Hey J., I don't know if it has been posted elsewhere in this thread lately, but I just found out that Paul Fayard is NOT sending a CASA to this boogie. I had actually planned on scamming a ride straight there and passing on our commercial tickets, but Paul says he didn't have a plane to send. Instead, Larry Hill is apparently sending a SkyVan from Eloy for the boogie. Just as fun, only I can't scam a ride straight from NC.

Chuck

That is correct, there was a communication challenge between Fayard and Boyd on this, and yes we did get the skyvan.
SO you can still ride the7' stuffed banana, we jump it till the banana splits.:P:P:P

I would but IAH is only $240-$320 (depending on the day I leave) and Hobby is well over $400.

$400??? Wow, had no idea those tickets are soooo expensive. Well if anybody needs a ride from Hobby, just let me know. Or if someone knows how to bribe me really well with beer or something I might be willing to drive up to IAH also thursday night.

I can't understand why at 2 airports in the same city are so drastically different in price. I forgot which airline but one was something like $800-1000. I am sure it is mainly because it is such short notice, but that is still crazy.

I gonna see if I can catch a ride with the Skyvan from Eloy. i just called them and they said to call back tomorrow and they will let me know if they have any slots. That would be so cool if I can get to Skyfest that way.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

My wife and I are flying into Hobby on, I think, Wednesday evening. We are definitely going to need a ride.

I would love to give ya a ride but I wont arrive until Thursday evening. I dont think you want to wait in the lobby that long for me.

My wife and I are flying into Hobby on, I think, Wednesday evening. We are definitely going to need a ride.

Well the DZ is about 1 hour away, probably only 30 minutes as the monkey flies!!!! do i hear a DOOR over Houston.

I can hear it now, "there was a birdmonkey flying over houston this afternoon" in other news...:S:S
Ok chuck can you tell I started w/o ya?

I am trying to make it there but flying into IAH is less than half the price of Hobby.

[RED][I]WOOOOHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B][/I][/RED]
MAMA'S COMIN'!!!! MAMA'S COMIN'!!!:)Honey, you'd better hitch a ride, steal a horse, or sell some punani. I don't care if you have to hire a couple of illegals to carry you there on their backs for a case of Corona. You WILL get there. Your children need you!!! Sh*t, I thought I was already excited!
SOMEBODY give this woman a ride DAMMIT!

As for you J. Rock. I'm still working on that wedding thing. It all depends on how backasswards your county is. I'll make a call tomorrow and let you know if they'll let me do it.
Now.....what sort of arrangements have you made for hangar/party music? Hmmmm...???;)
I know a certain DJ who could be talked (Pronounced: "Bribed") into bringing his DJ library.
But be warned, I don't do Techno.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is