upndownshop

SkyFest 05 IS ON!

Problem:

My performance at the swoop comp yesterday was 1 round, since after a bitching swoop in the downwind swoop course (10mph) my feet caught while sliding and it dumped me onto my knees HARD. Hard enough that I'm still in quite a bit of pain today. It was enough that I went ahead and dropped from the rest of the comp yesterday (which means I'm probably not 3rd in TX anymore...oh well). Knees are still really swollen, I tweaked the MCL in my left knee (no tearing or anything, just a hard tweak) and right now I have way too much riding in my future to gamble with a real injury. So I'm trying to take it easy to keep from turning a hurt into an injury.

The point is, I'm still going to come to Skyfest, but I might not be able to jump, so if that's the case I'll probably showup about mid-day on Saturday, party my ass off with everyone, then go home Sunday.

I'm going to do the best I can do to be able to jump this weekend, though, since I really want to be on some SCRs and I want to swoop the pond.:)

Dude that sucks!!!
Ice em down and work em out??? Thats what I did.

Hey you can always help us out with our booth:P:)
Hope you heal fast!! Dave

I am positively down for that POPS record! I did not pack a bootie suit though, so I will need an outside or whacker slot on whatever you come up with.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
"the best looking 41-year old on this website!"

Check it, I'll bring two, if they fit you are more than welcome to use them.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Ok
Everyone, I accidently erased some emails and I have no deleted folder on my webserver:S:S:S

If you sent an email in the last couple of days through the skyfest website or one to my personal email address, please resend it....

Sorry about that.

J

Got to go back to setting up for this beast of a boogie!!!!

Is there going to be any totally kick ass camera flyers going that would like to tape some freestyle? :Pplease?

EZ Boyd will be there -

He flies very well.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Every boogie dave goes to he's either injured hung over blah blah blah no sympathy get your ass there and jump wussy boy...Can you believe he left early and missed the new years eve boogie at Z-hills shame shame shame
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I am positively down for that POPS record! I did not pack a bootie suit though, so I will need an outside or whacker slot on whatever you come up with.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
"the best looking 41-year old on this website!"

:D:DWACKERS:D:D:DThat always cracks me up!!!:D:D
"Well behaved women rarely make history"

WACKERSThat always cracks me up!!!

Nah, you just like seeing all the guys willing say "Whack off" in unison. Kind of like some semi-adult form of circle jerk :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ATTENDING
4WayXena
aggie04
aggiedave 01 04
alanab
Amanda965
Amanduh 04
bbskydiver B|
bclark 04
Beerlight
beezyshaw/HiPerUSA 04
beowulf
bluskidave
blueskyserenity
Brains
brianemerson
BRYANGOESBOOM
brits17
Caseadilla
Channman B|
Chiquita
chivo
CieloDiosa
cloud9
cloudseeker2001
CSpence & The RoamingDZ.com
Douva
egons
Fireflytx
FlyinBob
flyingferret
Flypunk
flytex
freakyrat
freeflyira
gemini 04
GodspeedsC5
GQ_jumper
hippydiver
hisgoofyness
ifics
IMGR2 01 02 03 04
InsaneDaddy
JeNnEjEnN
Jethers203
jumpchikk
jumperconway 04
jumpergirl
josheezammit
katiebear21
Kolla 04
Kris 02
Ladyskydiver
Levin
luminous
moonglo
Mouth 04
murphyka 04
namgrunt & nanna bananna(nan)
PLF
popsjumper
Professor
psuCory 04
rastaricanair
Rebecca
RedAssSkychic 04
Rookie120
SCARYPERRY
sitflypat
skinnyshrek
skip 04
skygypsea
SkymonkeyOne
scaryshari 04
teamjenn1
Thanatos340
trubmn1
Turtlespeed 03 04
upndownshop 01 02 03 04
Voodew1
WildBill
wmw999 04
Yoshi 04
Zennie

Need SCR or Ceremony List!!
aggie04
alanab
Amanda965
blueskyserenity
Bryangoesboom
CieloDiosa
cloudseeker2001
CSpence & The RoamingDZ.com
GQ_jumper
hisgoofyness
INSANEDADDY
jumpchikk
jumpergirl
katiebear21
Ladyskydiver
missg8tordivr
Mouth
nanna
Popsjumper
rastaricanair
Rookie120
skinnyshrek
Thanatos340

This weekend is going to absolutely drain me! Already starting!!! Hung out last night with Jaime, Stan, J, and several others until the wee hours of the morning....good gawd I'm getting too old for this shit.

I'LL BRING MORE BEER TONIGHT!!! :D;)

Quite a few people who work here live in Alvin. Which motel are you at? The ones along 35 are just fine. The Alvin Motel on Hwy 6 might have a few seedy characters, and the Days Inn is less seedy but not as nice the Hwy 35. "seedy characters" is relative, though. My next-door-office-neighbor said Alvin is the kind of place where they still print police reports in the newspaper. He's stayed in much seedier places :)
If you're at the Alvin Motel, eat at Diana's (right next door). The food is really good.

Just don't leave your windows rolled down and valuable stuff in the car.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Just don't leave your windows rolled down and valuable stuff in the car.

HA!

The two most valuable things this kid owns is his car and his harley...so he's leaving the valuable thing outside...his car.:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

And the car itself is probably just fine. There are other people in living in Alvin who drive nice cars.

Just make sure he leaves the "mess with teh best die like the rest" bumper sticker on B|

Wendy W.

Just make sure he leaves the "mess with teh best die like the rest" bumper sticker on

Hahaha!

That quote goes back into our childhood, references a handful of things. I don't think you understand how funny it is to us.:D:D

This weekend is going to absolutely drain me! Already starting!!! Hung out last night with Jaime, Stan, J, and several others until the wee hours of the morning....good gawd I'm getting too old for this shit.

I'LL BRING MORE BEER TONIGHT!!! :D;)

It has only just begun BABY!!! You too old, come on you can keep up, yungin...:P:P:P

Every boogie dave goes to he's either injured hung over blah blah blah no sympathy get your ass there and jump wussy boy...Can you believe he left early and missed the new years eve boogie at Z-hills shame shame shame

Agreed, Skinny. That was a very gaylord and un-manly thing to do. Dave missed a real brain-bender by not showing up at Z. That said, I think I will let him off easy if he shows up with a sufficient quantity of Shiner. That is unless his DZO tells me he was actually back in Aggieland hauling meat or something, in which case we must be unrelenting in our harrasment of him. :ph34r:

Lund, Shiner, NOW!

Chuck

Know, I can say he was at a swoop comp and looking at the pictures, he did somewhere around the 180-190 foot area and the forward momentum took him to the 200 foot change from dirt to grass. He smacked down on his knees. Kathy has a great pic of it. She will be at Skyfest

Todd

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

he did somewhere around the 180-190 foot area and the forward momentum took him to the 200

Hey now, I was scored in the 240 range, which put me putting my feet down at the transition from the "beach" to the grass. Atleast I think that's what it was...my setup was a bit off...190ft is probable, but a bit embaressing.;)

Chuck,

You don't have to worry, my boss will be out of town, Aggieland is closing for Skyfest and I'm showing up with Shiner Bock.:)