packing_jarrett

Whats the coolest aircraft to jump out of?

The porter sucks....

I'll jump out of the Otter or Skyvan anyday over the porter. I won't argue that it is quick, but in my opinion it is too cramped. Call me crazy but I perfer to do at least some type of gear check before exit and you can't do that when you shoe-horn 10 people into a porter.

dont ever get into a cessna then...:P

if you cant do a gear check in the porter you need to work on your flexibility.. I've done 50ish jumps from a porter and checked my own gear as well as checked others before every exit..

if you need more help talk to one of your instructors.. gear checks in a porter shouldnt be a problem.

The top 3 for me in the following order are:

1. C-5
2. C-17
3. C-141

The view from the tailgates and the hill is monstorous. It is mucho fun:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well I guess most anything that you normally don't get to do, and maybe only got to do once or twice in your lifetime. In my case - the Pitts biplane, Bell 412 helicopter, Super Connie, and bomb bay door drops from the pink Porter of Drop Zone movie fame. I'm still hoping to one day jump a C130 or anything of similar size with a huge tailgate ramp. The DC-9 at Perris would be cool, whenever they finally get clearance for it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

For speed you can't beat Mike Mullins' King Air. 0-13.5k in about 6 minutes..I personally would love to jump a 727 and a C-130

The AN72 is faster...And jumping from a jet is fun... Jumped it last year.
the Mi28 too is much faster, and it must be fun to do a 50+ way from a helicopter and knowing there are many other groups exiting after yours. Would love to jump it, several friends did a couple of years ago.
For that kind of very exotic aircraft, the Espace Boogie in Vichy is THE ABSOLUTE BEST.

BUT

The coolest plane to jump out of is what ever plane is available and that fits my jump buddies and myself.

what Aggiedave said is what goes for me.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The dehavallin BEAVER or jump in one

There is still a DHC-2 Beaver flying skydivers at Skydive Beaver Oaks Airpark in Estacada Oregon...flown by Ralph Hatley D-394 off his grass strip

Its worth the trip just for the whole retro feel of stepping back into the 1960's;)
We did a jump out of it this summer.. door off cruising over the lush green Oregon hills...classic

C-130 was the very first thing I ever jumped out of.. followed by the door exit out of a C-141...on the next one.

I still love going out of the DC-3 whenever I get a chance.. and just did a jump from a Beech 18... ( OK so I am a sucker for old airplanes)

BUT.. the VERY first airplane I ever flew in when I was 4 years old was a Super Constellation and I would LOVE to jump from one..I still think it was one of the prettiest airplanes ever built. Nothing else has that flowing lines and classic triple tail..(sigh)

My 1st 727 jump was very very cool... The jump itself is nothing THAT special (dont get me wrong, it was very coo), but the vibe in the plane was just awsome...

The AN72 jumps I did were just so cool... huge tailgate AND a jet... I know Scott brags about hi C-xxx jumps, but who cares! :P
Remster

The porter sucks....

I'll jump out of the Otter or Skyvan anyday over the porter. I won't argue that it is quick, but in my opinion it is too cramped. Call me crazy but I perfer to do at least some type of gear check before exit and you can't do that when you shoe-horn 10 people into a porter.

As an every day jump ship the Porter is my favourite (more than 1800 jumps)
it's not normal to put 10 in a porter
most Porters have a bench an a single seat, plus the seat next to the pilot
so 5 on the bench, 1 next to the pilot, 2 on the floor an 1 on the single seat
I'm 200lb geared up an have no trouble with a check before exit.

Favourites:
Cassa
C130
Any specialty aircraft
Any helicopter
Any balloon

Dislike:
Islander (used to hit the wheel alot)
Carabou (smelly)

Hate: Skyliner (still got the scars on my hands from hanging off
the side of the tail)

Gone fishing