packing_jarrett

Whats the coolest aircraft to jump out of?

yes, historic planes rock.

Actually I like jumping from all planes/aircraft, they all have something special.

Coolest as : best "everyday" plane : Twin Otters are great
Coolest as : every ride is special : all planes

1st pic An2, then our Porter, and last the Ju-52
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

1. 727
2. Connie (I flew on them when they were airliners)
3. B-25 out the bomb bay
4. Balloon
5. DC 4
6. DC 3
7. CARIBOU
8. TANDEM ON A C130
9. MISC. HELICOPTERS
10. PIPER CUB

And the other 32 types over the years
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I'm kinda partial to Helicopters
Tailgating a Chinook or sliding from Hueys and Blackhawks
--------------------------------------------------
"People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf." - George Orwell

My votes:

Tandem from a C-141 (first Skydive and yes I did provide beer!;))

C-23B Sherpa (demo in PA)

C-17 (6 people on board at 18K)

C-5 (a real bumpy moment on the exit, big whole in the sky by that thing)

But I do have around 1200 Blackhawk jumps, with a good pilot you can make every exit interesting.:P

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Oh I have the coolest on ever!!!!! Check this out. You bail out going mach 2 in an F-14 using the ejection seats. TOP THAT!!!!

That is really not recommended..

In fact I would give you odds 1000 to 1 it would be fatal

Jeanne,

I will guarantee he will not survive. The fastest ever to survive was 720 mph (.97 mach) and it shredded the rear seater. This guy landed without his helmet, boots, gloves and the leg zippers on his flightsuit. Now that had to be a ride.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I so enjoy the silence of a balloon.

High speed passes in a CASA are pretty cool.

Plus coming from a country where a King Air and a Porter are the biggest planes we have jumping an Otter and a Skyvan for the first time were pretty cool experiences.

Ah hell, i just like jumping, period!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Big planes, small planes, big choppers, small choppers, radial, tubine, jet, civilian, military... a jumpship is a jumpship is a JUMPSHIP !!! ;)
Still, I gotta say that FREE, NON-WORK jumps are the shit !!! :ph34r: Especially running my ass off from the front of the C-130 & EVENTUALLY launching off the tail severely out-of-breath (it's the altitude >:( ) a few times courtesy of the South African Air Force (I was already a civilian) has gotta be my memorable moment... but, enough about me... :)

The C-130 was the coolest so far. That sucker is so fast to altitude that if you doze off, you're landing in it. Ryan took this picture of me filming at HercBoogie.

-And so far, Pajarito holds the "best post of 2005". What a great freaking story!

Whoops, gotta edit. They had this freakishly cool turbine DC-3 at Perris a couple years ago that was astoundingly cool.

Whoops, gotta edit. They had this freakishly cool turbine DC-3 at Perris a couple years ago that was astoundingly cool.

That was Jan (sp) plane out of Cal. City. He brought is up from So. Africa. As far as I know he has not hauled jumpers since that day at Perris.

Sparky

That was Jan (sp) plane out of Cal. City. He brought is up from So. Africa. As far as I know he has not hauled jumpers since that day at Perris.

Sparky

That's really too bad. I'll never forget all those "Air Trash" guys singing all off-key on the floor of that baby on the way to altitude.

;)

Sparky

That's really too bad. I'll never forget all those "Air Trash" guys singing all off-key on the floor of that baby on the way to altitude.

;)

Not all of us were off key! Were we?:P

Sparky

yes, historic planes rock.

I just adore the museum -registred DC-3. I even sat a moment in the bathroom when climbing to the altitude.
:P

>If God meant for man to fly, He´d have given him much more money.

McG, DZ EFVA dictator