ryoder

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Phil1111

***There were three different amusing video clips from the Moore campaign over the last couple days, and Jimmy Kimmel hit all of them tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo71_CK0M4
:D:D:D

Be it Moore or trump. Its still, after all this time, stunning, that they surround themselves with such stupid, bigoted people.

The underlying passion is not bigotry or stupidity. It is fear and it exists on both sides of the aisle. No one knows for certain what the answer is for our national government.

This is the same as the excitement, fear and anger in a bride's family leading up to the wedding. Everyone wants the end result to be just perfect and everyone has the perfect idea to make it happen. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes families become so divided that they do not speak to each other for years or ever again.

The bridegroom cometh. Who will be ready?

As Limbaugh stated yesterday, the Democrats will take the win but, they would have had "Moore" ammunition if the Republican party would have prevailed.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

My comment was mostly directed at the video and especially Moore's campaign manager. Who believed a oath of office could only be sworn on the bible.

Compromise is the key in the equation. In addition, I have always believed that term limits are important. Because any political party is corrupted by time in office.

Phil1111

My comment was mostly directed at the video and especially Moore's campaign manager. Who believed a oath of office could only be sworn on the bible.

Compromise is the key in the equation. In addition, I have always believed that term limits are important. Because any political party is corrupted by time in office.

Term limits, absolutely agree.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Going by the data on votes, race and gender is still, sadly, the division.
Old, angry, white men really need to adjust to modern times.

Moore's "concession" speech was ridiculously funny to me. He appeared to feel his god abandoned him. I'm curious how he'll feel in the coming days when that abandonment is confirmed.

DanG

Don't you get it? If Moore had won it would be because God guided the hearts of Alabama voters. But since he didn't it is obvious Satan interfered.

Satan and George Soros, that is.

Satan and Soros conspiring against God, White Christians and the USA! Soon to be talking points alongside "The Fix is in with the FBI and Mueller against Trump, freedom and GOD!" on the desks at FOX news.

DanG

Don't you get it? If Moore had won it would be because God guided the hearts of Alabama voters. But since he didn't it is obvious Satan interfered.

Satan and George Soros, that is.

I think he just wanted to spend more time with the kids. Edit - DAMMIT, someone beat me to it.

Anyway, this is all very immature humor. So immature it'll get you invited to Roy Moore's cabin.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

The analysis this morning is saying that turn out among minorities was greater than expected. This is a very good sign. They most likely were motivated not just by dislike of Moore, but also Trump. If more of these people had made the effort to vote last year Trump would not be in office now. I understand that HRC was not a candidate they could get excited about, but they are sure paying the price for sitting on their hands now.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The analysis this morning is saying that turn out among minorities was greater than expected. This is a very good sign. They most likely were motivated not just by dislike of Moore, but also Trump. If more of these people had made the effort to vote last year Trump would not be in office now. I understand that HRC was not a candidate they could get excited about, but they are sure paying the price for sitting on their hands now.

American Black voters have notoriously poor turnout rates. Charles Barkley got it right when he said that Blacks felt they were taken advantage of. They voted for Obama but got nothing out of it. I'm not saying that I agree with that. Its a whole other discussion.

White evangelical Christians hold substantial power in US politics because they VOTE, they are very, very active in primaries. Like the NRA they know how to work the system. Blacks don't. So democrats need to appeal to disenfranchised white swing voters. Those who voted for trump. It can't be forgotten that the presidency is only 1/3 of the equation. Democrats don't control any branch for several reasons.

Thats also not to say that there are not Individual Blacks that don't work the system. I mean the political system to control political nominees and parties.

Stumpy

The onion at its brutal best today

"Roy Moore Retires From Politics To Spend More Quality Time With Someone's Kid"

New York Daily News: https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/940794459800899586/photo/1:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Voter intimidation and a lack of access to voting has helped prevent them from voting to some degree as well.
Early voting and absentee ballots should be permitted everywhere. There is also a challenge for correct and acceptable identification to even register to vote in some places.
This senate election I also saw a large effort to provide rides to and from the polling places for those unable to get there. This effort needs to continue everywhere.

>I think he just wanted to spend more time with the kids.

One of the #1 rules around here is no jokes about pedophilia. In fact, no reference at all to pedophilia, except for factual discussions in the course of political and social issues. The topic of Roy Moore has required discussion of pedophilia in a factual context since he was accused by several people of inappropriate contact with children, and that was a big factor in his campaign (and loss.)

However, the "no jokes" rule remains.

billvon

One of the #1 rules around here is no jokes about pedophilia. In fact, no reference at all to pedophilia, except for factual discussions in the course of political and social issues. The topic of Roy Moore has required discussion of pedophilia in a factual context since he was accused by several people of inappropriate contact with children, and that was a big factor in his campaign (and loss.)

I am no defender of Roy Moore, but there is absolutely no evidence that he is a pedophile. He is certainly an alleged child molester, but accusations of pedophilia never entered the fray. This clearly should not be taken as some kind of indication that one is more serious or heinous than the other. Simple a reminder that words have meanings.

If the rule is to be that there are to be no jokes about or any reference to child molestation, then the rule needs to be amended.

This whole things must be a clear sign that there is a satan right Ron?

Those shiftless thug negroes coming out and telling the fine white evangelicals that child molestation really isn't admirable. Something like that can only be satan's work!

I mean come on, what is a little child molestation amongst good god fearing friends? Specially since the statute of limitations has passed.

billvon

Ah yes, thanks for bringing that up.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

>it looked like he had never ridden a horse before in his life.

" . . . and the horse you rode in on!"

Kudos to the people of Alabama for kicking this guy to the curb, and kudos especially to the women who braved online attacks, smear campaigns and even death threats to bring their stories out into the light.