2 2
billvon

baskets of deplorables

billvon

RAPID CITY — A real estate company dropped its ties to a state lawmaker Tuesday night after she shared an image on Facebook depicting protesters being hit by a vehicle under the caption, "All Lives Splatter."

Yep, sick. Most likely in response to the equally childish:

"Pigs in a blanket: fry 'em like bacon":S

normiss

I'm still confused on why christians can't question their own all powerful god for creating these humans.

Be confused no more:

Christians understand that we are cursed. We took our freewill and wasted it. Humans fuck everything up one way or another. Feel good stories about angels make our eyes roll, while evil stories about vampires are sexy cool! We are all enemies of God. Didn't you ever learn that in Sunday school?

"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.

Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

Good explanation of the viewpoint. It doesn't make sense to a lot of people, but when viewed in the context of addictive behavior and/or tendencies that some people have (not just drugs and alcohol, but internet, gambling, gossip, food, whatever), and the feeling of worthlessness that they often feel when losing that sense of control over their lives, it has a consistency.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

coreceeo

***I'm still confused on why christians can't question their own all powerful god for creating these humans.

Be confused no more:

Christians understand that we are cursed. We took our freewill and wasted it. Humans fuck everything up one way or another. Feel good stories about angels make our eyes roll, while evil stories about vampires are sexy cool! We are all enemies of God. Didn't you ever learn that in Sunday school?

"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.

Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

What a dismal viewpoint. No wonder you have such a low opinion of women. I see where you get you paternalistic and misogynist ideas from now. You should be aware that there are many denominations that call themselves Christian who take a different view if mankind. Maybe it would do you some good. I did not realize the level of self hate western religion is based on for some people.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The bastions of liberal progressiveness point the way to the future of your society. Your cloistered haven points toward the past.

I think you may very well be correct. In the future all crimes not just the hate variety will be spread everywhere. There will be enclaves of certain types that will be fighting to survive. There will be no reference to God and morality for the Holy Spirit will no longer be present on earth.

The Christians will not be here either. They will have been raptured. We will return with Christ's Second Advent.

In the meantime the progressive liberals will be intellectually dealing with their world. We call it Tribulation others call it SHTF.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The Christians will not be here either. They will have been raptured. We will return with Christ's Second Advent.

That's been predicted many times. So far, a complete bust. But as long as people can say there is a future, the rapture can be looked forward to I guess. But it would be foolish to make policy, or to live your life assuming it will be during your lifetime.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

I love how you accuse others of adolescent thinking when you're just sitting there waiting for a literal deus ex machina solution to your problems.

What is more adolescent than wishing the world was different so you can avoid having to deal with the way it is?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

From noted deplorable Richard Spencer:
===============================
Women Shouldn't Have the Right to Vote, Says ‘Alt-Right’ Leader Richard Spencer
By Michael Edison Hayden
NEWSWEEK
10/14/17

White Nationalist Richard Spencer’s tiki torch rallies in Charlottesville, Virginia, and his distant dream of forming a white ethnostate steal headlines, but his views about women—that their role in politics be shrunk down to a barely visible place that would be unrecognizable to almost anyone in modern America—is seldom highlighted.

I spoke to Spencer this week, and in the context of a discussion about two documents that he admires, the American Naturalization Acts of 1790 and 1795, laws that once set out rules for the United States in limiting naturalization to only free white persons of good moral standing, I pointed out that the U.S. was a fundamentally different country at the turn of the 19th century. More specifically, I asked him if he wanted to return to a time in which women weren’t allowed to vote.

"I'm not terribly excited about voting in general," Spencer said. "I think that mass democracy is a bit of a joke to be honest."

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

I pressed him on the question again.

“I don’t necessarily think that that’s a great thing,” Spencer said of women voting in U.S. elections.
================================
Sorry Wendy.

While I understand and fully accept the First, and appreciate it's need for us to become aware of douche flutes like this guy, but after his first few speeches/comments became public I felt that was enough.
Stop giving him a stage and press coverage!

Stop giving him a stage and press coverage!

Yeah but "You won't believe what white supremacist Richard Spencer says about whether or not women should vote!!" makes a really great click-bait title and that's really the only thing that matters, isn't it?
I got nuthin

>"You won't believe what white supremacist Richard Spencer says about whether or not women should vote!!"

"A black woman talked to Richard Spencer - you won't believe what happened next!"

"This ridiculously easy trick will make it easy to ignore Spencer!"

From NBC comes the latest deplorales - Nazis who shot at protesters. The Nazis were there to listen to Richard Spencer (no surprise there.)

=============
. . .the occupants of a silver Jeep stopped to argue with a group of protesters assembled near a bus stop, Gainesville police said. The men in the car displayed Nazi salutes and shouted chants about Hitler, and one of them, identified as Tyler Tenbrink, 28, pulled out a gun. The other two assailants, brothers William Fears, 30, and Colton Fears, 28, encouraged Tenbrink to shoot at the protesters. Tenbrink fired one shot, which hit a nearby building. Then the Jeep sped off, police said.

The three men were described by authorities of having connections to hate groups or espousing extremist views. That information came in part from a police review of interviews the men gave to the media before Spencer's speech, Gainesville Police Officer Ben Tobias said.

Tenbrink told reporters on camera that he admired Spencer ─ who speaks in favor of creating a white "ethno state" ─ because he was "not afraid to say the things that no one else will." Tenbrink went on to recite the "14 words" used as a motto by white supremacists: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

William Fears told reporters he'd been in Charlottesville, and had come to Gainesville to hear Spencer because he agreed with much of what he said. "He's trying to make it, normalize the idea for white people to have an identity, to advocate for their own interests and to advocate for our own existence," Fears said.
=============

Trump supporters must be so proud.

Up next - Trump states "well, there were people breaking laws on both sides. The people waiting at the bus stop didn't have a permit to wait there, after all."

The story I read is they got out of the car with the gun after someone hit their car with a baton.... so stand your ground laws in Florida would allow them to defend themselves from a threat or even perceived threat.

While this might look like a great victory for the anti-Spencers, I bet these guys get some support with some sharp lawyers and this may all be dismissed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssta0_4GkRA

tkhayes

While this might look like a great victory for the anti-Spencers, I bet these guys get some support with some sharp lawyers and this may all be dismissed.

I don't think that the felon who shot the gun, who was in unlawful possession, will get all charges dismissed. Maybe just the unlawful possession will stick, and maybe his buddies will get off on probation.

Today's deplorables: ICE agents who staked out the hospital where a 10 year old with cerebral palsy was being treated - so they could separate her from her parents and put her in jail.

They must be so proud.

========================================
10-Year-Old Immigrant Is Detained After Agents Stop Her on Way to Surgery

By VIVIAN YEE and CAITLIN DICKERSON
NYT OCT. 25, 2017

A 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy has been detained by federal immigration authorities in Texas after she passed through a Border Patrol checkpoint on her way to a hospital to undergo emergency gall bladder surgery.

The girl, Rosamaria Hernandez, who was brought over the border illegally to live in Laredo, Tex., when she was three months old, was being transferred from a medical center in Laredo to a hospital in Corpus Christi around 2 a.m. on Tuesday when Border Patrol agents stopped the ambulance she was riding in, her family said. The agents allowed her to continue to Driscoll Children’s Hospital, the family said, but followed the ambulance the rest of the way there, then waited outside her room until she was released from the hospital.

By Wednesday evening, according to family members and advocates involved in her case, immigration agents had taken her to a facility in San Antonio where migrant children who arrive alone in the United States from Central America are usually held, even though her parents, who both lack legal status, live 150 miles away in Laredo.
===========================================