2 2
billvon

baskets of deplorables

One of Trump's go-to defenses has been "I didn't know!"

But then there's this from Politico. Apparently Trump had his own nicknames for people, and called Bannon "Bam Bam" for his habit of bam-bamming on women. He reassured his people that Bannon would not batter any women while he was at the White House - "Don’t worrry about Bam Bam, he’s locked away in a room working 20 hours a day. He never comes out.”

Is there anyone at the White House who isn't an abuser?

wolfriverjoe

So Kelly is getting dragged down into the morass.

So many folks felt that having him in the WH would elevate it's behavior. Or at least moderate the Mango Mussolini a little bit.

Instead, the opposite is happening.

But could you imagine that job? It's probably like herding rabid cats.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.
John Kelly continued to let him handle highly classified information.
Giving someone classified info who is not cleared to see it is a crime.
Why is all the wrong simply accepted and ignored???

So many folks felt that having him in the WH would elevate it's behavior. Or at least moderate the Mango Mussolini a little bit.

I'm pretty sure it has done both. The messaging is under more control and the constant leaking has slowed to a trickle. But he hasn't changed cadet bone spurs. The WH and America still has the same leader.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Lock him up! But I think there might be a trade mark on the slogan.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

normiss

Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.

Probably ignored as much as having classified documents on a private email server. ;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.

Probably ignored as much as having classified documents on a private email server. ;)

So how many congressional hearings have been held about Trump minions and their behavior with classified information?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.

So how many congressional hearings have been held about Trump minions and their behavior with classified information?

None yet...but it's still early.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

*********Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.

Early?

There have been credible reports of Trump's kids using private servers for government business for over a year.

How many investigations?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

wolfriverjoe

************Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.

Early?

There have been credible reports of Trump's kids using private servers for government business for over a year.

How many investigations?

So what you're saying is the Dems can't investigate? I'm not familiar with the inner workings of how a congressional investigation works.

Destinations by Roxanne

wolfriverjoe

************Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.

Early?

How many investigations?

How could six senior presidential aides mimic the strategy for which Trump lacerated Hillary Clinton? Only if they believe they are as immune to the usual rules as he is.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/the-brazenness-of-jared-and-ivankas-personal-email-server/541017/

Ivanka Trump Used a Personal Email Account for Government Work: Exclusive
[/url]http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump-personal-email-account-white-house-670700

Hundreds of White House emails sent to third Kushner family account
White House officials are reviewing a third email account associated with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner’s private email domain.
[url]https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/02/jared-kushner-email-account-white-house-243389

At Least 6 White House Advisers Used Private Email Accounts

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/politics/private-email-trump-kushner-bannon.html

Ivanka Trump Used a Personal Email Account for Government Work: Exclusive
http://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump-personal-email-account-white-house-670700[url]

airdvr

So what you're saying is the Dems can't investigate? I'm not familiar with the inner workings of how a congressional investigation works.

Party in charge is in charge of the committees.

They get to decide what gets investigated and what doesn't.

What gets a hearing and what gets ignored.

Rs were in charge of congress since 2010 and did all the investigations of HRC and e-mails and Benghazi. And found nothing.

Rs are in charge of congress and have decided not to investigate or hold hearings on Trump's behavior or that of his minions.
Go figure.

If (and it is a pretty big 'if') the Ds take control of the House in the mid-terms, then I think we might see a few interesting investigations.

The chairman on the panel gets to have privilege in terms of starting events or kicking off investigations if enought members of the panel have called for one to be started. In some cases the chairman is a republican and would need to call an investigation against his own party and specifically against the presidents family. That will burn a LOT of political capital and will end up exposing a lot of dirty laundry no matter what the investigation finds so its in the parties best interest not to start it. The minority party on most of the panels really has no option except to get a few members of the majority party to also ask for an investigation to be started.

For things like the Equifax breech this was easy to get members from both parties on board to kick on an investigation into the issues. Wells Fargo was interesting since the Dems were able to get the investigation into their fraud kicked off a few years ago but in the last 12 months the investigation and most of the hearings have stopped. September 11th Commission was another one that both parties wanted to have someone dig into it deeper. Benghazi was launched against the desires of the Dem's since the Republicans were the majority party and the chairman used his privilege to start (and kick off multiple different investigations each time it came back with nothing) over their objections.

This is one of the fears of the Republicans come Fall if they lose the house - every panel will get new a Chairman and they can now start all these things that are being held at bay right now.

Minority party does not have many options if the chairman and other panel members chose party over everything.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

airdvr

***Rob Porter's interim security clearance expired on Jan 15.

How many documents did they find that were classified going onto the server vs documents that were retroactively classified?

If Kelly was giving Porter classified documents when he had no clearance it's worse than the HRC situation in two was. It's intentional, and it's outrageously hypocritical.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Probably ignored as much as having classified documents on a private email server.

So you believe that Clinton's misuse of a private server has been "ignored." Really? You didn't hear about it until just now? Didn't hear about any investigations, any accusations, any panels tasked with investigating just that?

billvon

>Probably ignored as much as having classified documents on a private email server.

So you believe that Clinton's misuse of a private server has been "ignored." Really? You didn't hear about it until just now? Didn't hear about any investigations, any accusations, any panels tasked with investigating just that?

When I say ignored I meant actual legal proceedings...charges...indictments and such. I'm not saying it's right or wrong.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

When I say ignored I meant actual legal proceedings...charges...indictments and such. I'm not saying it's right or wrong.

So when you said ignored, you only meant ignored if you ignore all the investigations?

Simply put, if you ignore what ignore means, you can claim it was ignored?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

***When I say ignored I meant actual legal proceedings...charges...indictments and such. I'm not saying it's right or wrong.

So when you said ignored, you only meant ignored if you ignore all the investigations?

Simply put, if you ignore what ignore means, you can claim it was ignored?

Ummm...yes ;)

Destinations by Roxanne

>When I say ignored I meant actual legal proceedings...charges...indictments and such.

?? There were plenty of legal proceedings - investigations, depositions, grand juries etc. Millions of dollars worth of them. Millions of words written about it and millions of tweets, Facebook posts and forum comments made about the subject. That is the opposite of "ignore."

There were no charges or indictments because in the end there was nothing to charge her with.

Other than the obvious fact that she has been investigated very thoroughly with no charges for a very good reason, she is irrelevant. If the only defence someone can offer is to point at someone else and say what about him or her, they have no defence at all. Diversionary tactics are just a smokescreen.

gowlerk

Other than the obvious fact that she has been investigated very thoroughly with no charges for a very good reason, she is irrelevant. If the only defence someone can offer is to point at someone else and say what about him or her, they have no defence at all. Diversionary tactics are just a smokescreen.

I'm not trying to divert anything. If you delete the evidence there is no evidence. Fair enough. If there is illegal activity with Porter the FBI should look into it.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

*** Other than the obvious fact that she has been investigated very thoroughly with no charges for a very good reason, she is irrelevant. If the only defence someone can offer is to point at someone else and say what about him or her, they have no defence at all. Diversionary tactics are just a smokescreen.

I'm not trying to divert anything. If you delete the evidence there is no evidence. Fair enough. If there is illegal activity with Porter the FBI should look into it.

So why are you bringing her up? Maybe I'm confused.