Donald Trump Versus Hillary Clinton

gowlerk

Will is one of the political elite who supported Bush.

What do you think it is about elite people that makes them elite?

they are the power brokers. they have the ears of the large donor class. They are the ones who make big money when those they support come to power.

Crystal is another one.
The Bush family is yet another.
The Clintons.

Look
The bigger the government the less power the people have.
Britain's population has now come to grips with this.

The power brokers with big money are never hurt by big government for any length of time. They know how to play the game because they control this same game.

The reason Trump is so hated by those that kallend now like to trot out there is because he is a threat to their political status.

He is now bought and paid for by those in power.

They would take Rubio because he was brought to power and mentored by the Bush's.

Cruz is hated because he came to power on his own. The power brokers would have trouble controlling him. They fear the same with Trump although exactly who and what Trump would be as president is a wild card at this time IMO
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I pulled this from another article
Just an example of who the elite are

For two days in a row, Hillary Clinton utilized used in her speeches a claim from a British research organization that ranked Donald Trump as the third greatest threat to the global economy.

Clinton failed to tell audiences that the firm in question – the Economist Intelligence Unit – is a division of The Economist Group, the sister company to The Economist newspaper. The Economist Group is partially owned by the famous Rothschild family. Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild sits on the Economist Group’s board. She is a top Clinton supporter, donor and fundraiser, and has donated to the Clinton Foundation.

De Rothschild is such a staunch Clinton supporter she became a “PUMA” (“Party Unity My Ass”) activist after Clinton lost the Democratic primary to Barack Obama and she supported John McCain in protest.

These people buy access and influence.
Abraham Lincoln

gowlerk

So...you don't think the multi billionaire Despicable Donald is an elitist? He has the little guy's back right?

To some extend yes and to some extent no.

But one thing that has been proven (yet again) money alone can not buy a presidency.

Bush had more money than God to start out. Got him nowhere. Forbes is another example.

As for Despicable Donald? you need to find different news sources.
One this is for sure. He is a much less flawed candidate than is liar Hillary.
Abraham Lincoln

Another example of elitism...

But before I do,

Remember that Hillary is saying she is going to go after the big banks and wall street. Yet she has gotten $50 some million bucks from them for speeches and will not release the transcripts of those speeches.

Hmmmm

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article85708367.html

Remember when Palin got hit for wearing an expensive dress during the campaign with McCain?

And now we got Hillary telling us at a rally that she is for the working class and while saying that is wearing a $16,000 Armani suit. Where is the outrage?

You will not hear any because the biggest political PAC we have is in her corner. Who is this PAC? More elites who run NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, et al and they cover her ass.
Abraham Lincoln

>One this is for sure. He is a much less flawed candidate than is liar Hillary.

Of course! He hates all the same things you hate - and in today's society, that is the measure of flawed vs. unflawed. Never mind competence, accountability, track record, experience or policy positions. Those things are for the "elite."

billvon

>One this is for sure. He is a much less flawed candidate than is liar Hillary.

Of course! He hates all the same things you hate - and in today's society, that is the measure of flawed vs. unflawed. Never mind competence, accountability, track record, experience or policy positions. Those things are for the "elite."

All those years of listening to Limbaugh, Beck etc. Just because they say the same crap over and over doesn't make it true. Hilary Clinton is a hard working dedicated public servant with an incredible work ethic and personal integrity. The reason all the right wingers hate her is they fear she will win. They have long seen her as a potential president and have been working hard to tarnish her.

Hilary is a great candidate. And although it is nearly impossible to predict who will be a great president, she stands a very good chance of going down in history as one. It is very hard to imagine anyone worse than Despicable Donald. He sure made a fool of your country today in Scotland selling his golf course in the middle of his campaign.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>Hilary Clinton is a hard working dedicated public servant with an incredible work ethic
>and personal integrity.

I don't think she has much personal integrity. I think she has just enough integrity to be able to remain in a government role and that's about it, and that's a pretty low bar. Unfortunately it looks like she will be the least-bad choice.

>The reason all the right wingers hate her is they fear she will win.

Some are starting to get scared that she will lose. The smarter right wingers know that while a Clinton presidency will be bad for them, a Trump presidency would be an unmitigated disaster. If Clinton wins, they can cry and wail, do nothing and then blame the lack of progress on her, spread fear, uncertainty and doubt, and work to sabotage foreign policy gains the US has made. They know how to do that; they've been doing that for years.

But Trump? They'd have to support him. If they refused to do their jobs and then blame the guy they supported, their opponents would merely have to say "Joe Republican supported Trump. I didn't." and all those people would be out.

That puts them in the position of supporting every harebrained scheme Trump comes up with. Default on US loans? "Well, uh - maybe that's not so bad, if we don't have to pay them." Spend trillions on a wall? "Hey, it will increase employment. And if we don't have to pay those loans back . . ."

That's why we are seeing more and more republicans supporting Clinton. Not because she's great (she isn't) but with her in office they are on familiar ground. She will at least do a halfway competent job, thus providing the republicans a stage on which to act.

rushmc

And now we got Hillary telling us at a rally that she is for the working class and while saying that is wearing a $16,000 Armani suit. Where is the outrage?

You will not hear any because the biggest political PAC we have is in her corner. Who is this PAC? More elites who run NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, et al and they cover her ass.

Um. Did you even look? I had heaps of articles popping up on FB pointing out the irony at the time, and a quick google search just now gave plenty of hits.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

And now a word from another senior Republican (former treasury secretary Paulson)

www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/when-it-comes-to-trump-a-republican-treasury-secretary-says-choose-country-over-party/2016/06/24/c7bdba34-3942-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

Republicans stand at a crossroads. With Donald Trump as the presumptive presidential nominee, we are witnessing a populist hijacking of one of the United States’ great political parties. The GOP, in putting Trump at the top of the ticket, is endorsing a brand of populism rooted in ignorance, prejudice, fear and isolationism. This troubles me deeply as a Republican, but it troubles me even more as an American. Enough is enough. It’s time to put country before party and say it together: Never Trump.

Every good businessman or -woman carefully analyzes all the available facts before making a decision. Trump repeatedly, blatantly and knowingly makes up or gravely distorts facts to support his positions or create populist divisions.

He excels at scorched-earth tactics in negotiations during bankruptcy proceedings. Here, the “Art of the Deal” businessman is a master at advantaging himself over his fellow stakeholders and partners. In essence, he takes imprudent risks and, when his businesses fail, disavows his debts. He has branded himself as a business genius by flaunting and exaggerating his wealth. He is adept at leveraging his brand through licensing agreements that enable him to slap his name on anything he can. But while marketing and self-promotion may translate on the campaign trail, they have little relevance in running our country. And although his business dealings have allowed him to increase his inherited wealth, none of us knows by how much — we have only his word for it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The problem with that position is that the Republican party as whole has subtly and quietly promoted all the things Trump is being open about - Anti-immigration, anti-Muslim, xenophobia in general. They preyed upon "ignorance, prejudice, fear and isolation." Along with religious fundamentalism and an anti-women's rights agenda.

And now that someone is bold enough to actually say these things out loud, they are claiming that the party has been "hijacked."

Riiiiiight.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Nice, both your post and Kallend's link are correct. The whole despicable Donald situation summed up in a few sentences. I like clarity, brevity, and getting to the heart of the matter.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Maybe, maybe not.

One interesting thing I recently heard is how short the money from Trump to the main party is. Like less than 5% of what it's been in the past.

Which may not seem important, but the party does the "grass roots" stuff. Like the "get out the vote" stuff.

Which is very important in the general election. One of Obama's keys in 08 was the 'get out the vote' part. He had people who hadn't voted in a long time, or ever, going to the polls.

Without it, the Rs are in trouble. The Ds will push their people to the voting booth, but without the money, the Rs won't be able to.

And a lot of Rs are going to sit this one out.

Which doesn't bode well for the other Rs running (Senate, Congress, and a host of local elections).

Part of me wants to see Trump win. Billvon's reference to a skydiver "femuring" is a pretty good analogy.
Part of me wants to see the Rs destroy themselves. Maybe a reasonable conservative party would result (doubtful, but maybe).

Part of me wants to see HRC win. Most of that is to watch the conservatives have apoplexies, and then be proven wrong (I really don't like her, but she has enough experience that she could likely do the job reasonably well).

Kind of like how the Rs seem unable to explain how (they mostly ignore it), despite their doom and gloom predictions, Obama has done a pretty good job, given what he took over .
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ryoder

Reliably conservative opinion writer George Will...

George Will leaves the GOP: https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/06/24/this-is-not-my-party-george-will-goes-from-gop-to-unaffiliated/?singlepage=true

Rebublican House
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

"This is not my party,” Will said during his speech at the event.

I was an R for 42 yrs. I did not leave the party, the party left me.

I think George feels the same way,

Jerry Baumchen

By the time the election comes around the Republican house representatives will all be going George Will.

In order to save themselves they will all be trying to separate themselves from Trump and his mouth. Trump has won the nomination and every time he talks without a teleprompter he alienates a sector of conservative voters that he will need in November.

ryoder

Reliably conservative opinion writer George Will...

George Will leaves the GOP: https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/06/24/this-is-not-my-party-george-will-goes-from-gop-to-unaffiliated/?singlepage=true

Nice to see that he's not a hypocrite like Mitch McConnell or John McCain:

Mitch McConnell in February.

[url "http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/278792-mcconnell-will-support-trump"]Mitch McConnell in May.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Iago

Look, you guys can bitch about Trump all you want for the next three months.

Like him or hate him, he is going to the Oval Office.

Clinton is going up against the Master of Media and Branding. That is a war of attrition she CANNOT win. Once the primaries are over, the Trump Tank will select a new target and annihilate it's opponent with an unstoppable barrage.

Remember also that is does not matter if the nominee was Trump, Cruz or the Easter Bunny.

They would be similar posts as there have been for the last 3 election cycles.
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Look, you guys can bitch about Trump all you want for the next three months.

Like him or hate him, he is going to the Oval Office.

Clinton is going up against the Master of Media and Branding. That is a war of attrition she CANNOT win. Once the primaries are over, the Trump Tank will select a new target and annihilate it's opponent with an unstoppable barrage.

Remember also that is does not matter if the nominee was Trump, Cruz or the Easter Bunny.

They would be similar posts as there have been for the last 3 election cycles.

Yes that's right. In the last 3 election cycles we frequently saw people from within the GOP attack their own presumptive nominee. Nothing new going on here.